Review Game days suck - Carlton prevail

Remove this Banner Ad

Unforgivable. My kids heard me utter some expletives at that which was unfortunate.
I don’t think tuohy was unwilling to chase, he was simply unable. Physically done.

He had some mates in that regard in the last qtr.

It is what happens when you rely on players who are past their prime, or players who are not yet in their prime. Our team is a bit bipolar, we need to accept that.

The voting threads gives clear indication on who doesn't know anything about football. How anyone could give SDK votes after his opponent was clearly best on ground is beyond me.

I thought he was abit over whelmed to start but his second half I thought was very promising
Seemed to be the type of guy in 22 that wanted to prove himself; hasn’t been like that since, but if last night doesn't tell him that he’s got work to do than nothing will. Surely pushed around physically by your brother, only one year older, has gotta spur on weights and one on one skill sessions. Surely pushed to look at where he is at now and where he wants to get to. Positivity in me and faith in this club’s culture over years says that last night should be great for him - probably needed it in many ways

Hodgey just said TDK was #1 for ranking points but SDK was #2. Just had a look at SDK’s stats - 20 disposals (16 contested), 20 hit outs, 4 clearances and 1.0.
Certainly showed some greater effort in second half which was great, but he needs to remember he was just beaten well by his brother who has clearly done the work. Should be good for him I’d say as there have been times this year and last that he has looked less motivated

His direct opponent was best on ground

His opponent nearly had as many touches as Atkins had pressure acts.
Just because your direct opponent is best in ground doesn’t necessarily mean he had a bad game
I would’ve put Sam in our top 3 players and that game is the best ruck game we have seen this year from either Stanley or Conway.
Take that which ever way you like but personally I was happy with his game last night

Just because your direct opponent is best in ground doesn’t necessarily mean he had a bad game
I would’ve put Sam in our top 3 players and that game is the best ruck game we have seen this year from either Stanley or Conway.
Take that which ever way you like but personally I was happy with his game last night
It kinda reminds me of Bruhn getting votes when his direct opponent doubles his disposal count.

I am obviously a big fan of Humphries but he's not physically strong enough for afl duty yet. Outside that you didn't name a defender.

The real missing player here is Bews
Bews is an interesting one. Clearly our best lock down small defender and every week the opponent's small fowards kick a bag

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Imagine that.....a kid stepping up when given the responsibility and trust.
He was 24. Hardly a kid.

He didn’t step up because he was given responsibility. He stepped up because he physically developed and ready to step up.

You could see the difference physically between the brothers last night.

In afl terms , one is a fully developed human, the other is physically not there yet.

It kinda reminds me of Bruhn getting votes when his direct opponent doubles his disposal count.

Bews is an interesting one. Clearly our best lock down small defender and every week the opponent's small fowards kick a bag
Mate if your going to bring up Bruhn at every chance you get to sink a boot in don’t bother quoting me
I’m here to have a discussion
Not hear you whine about pointless bullshit

If you're in a direct adversarial role it means you have.

Can someone please explain to me how the ruck contests were umpired last night?

Apparently you are allowed to tackle your opponent and throw them out of the way, shepherd them from the ball drop and give 2 hand shoves in the back. The way the umps were allowing tdk (and to a lesser extent Cripps) manhandle SDK gave him absolutely no chance.

In general I have almost given up trying to figure out how our game is umpired.

Handball vs throw?
Htb? Prior opportunity, no legit attempt to dispose?
Chopping arms vs legit contest?
Ruck contests?
7m kicks that are sometimes marks, sometimes play on?
Dangerous tackles?
50m penalties? Sometimes yes, sometimes no?

I could go on and on.

I legit have no idea

I think Bews is just cooked though. In the vfl he pops up here and there. I was meaning we're missing 2022 Bews not so much 2024 Bews. Another answer in not sure we have

You get a pressure act when you’re 2nd to the ball

Not to mention he was in and under trying to clean up everyone else's mistakes. Atkins first and second and sometimes third efforts and willingness to run was the only bit of guts I seen on a dark night. With the Blues pressure, playing out of their skins, his stats don't tell the whole story. Lone man trying to cause chaos.

Once the likes of Holmes Clark Bruhn and maybe Knviett get some size they won’t be pushed around and will be able to hold up the midfield better with another addition or two hopefully in the trade period. The kids weren’t the real issues last night , the other holes around the ground with some senior players obviously very much at their end were.

The issues might not be resolved this year , so I would just play more kids and not necessarily just drop every senior player. Unfortunately the state of the list is trying to play both the experienced players with the kids and both ends just can’t hold up …but the talent in the kids are there they just need more time which they should be getting this year .

Massive pre season ahead

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Game days suck - Carlton prevail

Remove this Banner Ad

Back