Game of the year so far?

Remove this Banner Ad

I think the most exciting finish to a game I have seen this year was the Bulldogs Freo game on Anzac Day.

The Best game is always hard, I thought the Essendon V Eagles clash on the weekend was as good a game as I have seen all year.

Collingwood V Essendon was a cracking game also.

Probably for excitement Port vs Gold Coast. Suns did come back from a 40 point deficit late in the third quarter, when was the last time someone did that?

For skill and intensity, probably Hawthorn vs Geelong, followed by Fremantle vs Geelong.

for me the qclash would have to be up there, probably enhanced coz i was there live but it was just a really entertaining match, although i did kinda feel bad for my mate (big lions fan) but i definitely didn't hesitate in rubbing his face in it.

others include freo vs. bulldogs, pies vs. bombers, north vs. richmond, and saints vs. richmond

Port-GC for mine

Skill wise I'd say no, but the last quarter had just about everyone who doesn't support Port crossing their fingers. If it's on those grounds, then certainly.

I think the most exciting finish to a game I have seen this year was the Bulldogs Freo game on Anzac Day.

The Best game is always hard, I thought the Essendon V Eagles clash on the weekend was as good a game as I have seen all year.

Collingwood V Essendon was a cracking game also.

Bulldogs-Freo was great, and WCE-Essendon was quite the arm wrestle.

Collingwood vs. Essendon was fantastic, and would be a classic if it weren't for the first quarter. The margin doesn't reflect the intensity of the game, Collingwood were deserving winners, and as much as I got sick of hearing it in the media, Essendon actually were very gallant in defeat.

I enjoyed Cats v Hawks. Port v GC was a great and historic finish. I really enjoyed last night's game too (possible bias)

Last night was right up there IMO. Has been more highly-skilled games, but you could sense the desperation of St Kilda watching their season slip through their fingers. Probably the most gripping game for mine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Best in my opinion for skill and intensity would be the Hawks vs Cats game which was the best game in probably the best H&A round I have seen.

Close by would be Port vs GC, Dons vs Blues, Freo vs Dogs

I loved the Geelong vs Hawks game. Reminded me of past finals and both teams were outstanding skills wise.

Richmond vs Brisbane was good.

I liked Sydney vs Geelong in the wet.

The best Collingwood game was the Anzac match. Essendon showed a lot.

For me it's hard to go past Essendon vs. Carlton. It had everything: potentially crippling injuries early (thus invoking the first major test of the sub rule), quality football and with a couple of calamitous errors, a few absolutely outstanding goals (Simpson, Fletcher especially), and the tension of two huge rivals trying to prove their September credentials. Brilliant stuff.

But that's coming from a Dons fan. There've already been so many cracking contests this season - you could easily choose Cats/Hawks, Freo/Dogs, Freo/Cats, Tigers/Saints, Suns/Port, etc etc depending on your perspective...

Most amazing season tbh, in terms of tight finishes. 3 draws says alot, it could easily have been more than that.

I think it was round 5, all seven games that week were thrillers. The biggest margin was 30 pts from Essendon Vs Collingwood and even that was a thriller in many respects.

Most amazing season tbh, in terms of tight finishes. 3 draws says alot, it could easily have been more than that.

I think it was round 5, all seven games that week were thrillers. The biggest margin was 30 pts from Essendon Vs Collingwood and even that was a thriller in many respects.
Was a cracking round that one.

as a neutral Port vs GC and the WC vs Sydney game (surprised that hasn't got too much of a mention as it was a thrilling finish to a good game of footy)

for us it would have to be the bulldogs game - to throw away the game then claw back in to win - hearstopping stuff

(LOWERRRRR - thanks Port :D)

Hawks/Geelong is easily game of the year so far. Excellent display from both teams.

Ess/Coll was good too, if only to see Pies fans genuinely concerned that their team might lose one!

Remove this Banner Ad

Game of the year so far?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back