Gameday has arrived!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Unbelievable! What a boost that is to the morale and way to kick off the season. You just couldn't see us finding a way to come back the way we looked in the 2nd quarter but the boys worked themselves into the ground to make it happen.

Some of the biggest positives from the game were Tambling (so attacking), Smith (so composed), McKernan (really looked the part - must own a position all season), Vince looked like the player of old, just to name a few.

Obviously the Porplyzia injury is a sour note for the team and so disappointing for him looking to resurrect his career this year. We must give him plenty of time in rehab to give him the best possible chance to recover otherwise his career will be under a question mark.

Hope we can maintain that intensity for 2011!

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.

Footys back and what a game!!

also doubt u can drop stevens. slow start, finsihed strong.

Listened to the call on 5AA over the internet, really proud of the boys and can't remember the last time we came from 30 points down for a win.

Really pleased for McKernan, Bling and Smith. Great Andy Otten got through ok and Knighta will be heaps better for the run.

Fingers crossed Porps isn't out for long.

Awesome stuff guys.

Now the question for selectors is: Who comes out for Tippett?
I thought all our bigs were great. Stevens, Davis, Walker, Smack and Maric all did well.
Probably Porplyzia. Sounds like he'll be missing for a while anyway if it's a broke collar bone like the ABC commentators were suggesting.

McKernan stays, as the 2nd ruck (rather than having a forward role). The others all retain their current positions.

Unbelievable! What a boost that is to the morale and way to kick off the season. You just couldn't see us finding a way to come back the way we looked in the 2nd quarter but the boys worked themselves into the ground to make it happen.

Some of the biggest positives from the game were Tambling (so attacking), Smith (so composed), McKernan (really looked the part - must own a position all season), Vince looked like the player of old, just to name a few.

Obviously the Porplyzia injury is a sour note for the team and so disappointing for him looking to resurrect his career this year. We must give him plenty of time in rehab to give him the best possible chance to recover otherwise his career will be under a question mark.

Hope we can maintain that intensity for 2011!

all good stuff...but maintaining that first half effort against a fit strong team wont cut it...

Stevens would be in the votes this week, he's not going anywhere

Opening the other eye...he does the team things very well, that was evident time and time again with his willingness to assist Davis with Franklin. But the brain fades are hard to ignore, and he had a fist full of them before an excellent final term.

Christ, you guys are harsh on Stevens. Maybe, as supporters, all you see is the mistakes. But, to an outside observer, the bloke popping up all over the ground taking pressure marks on tough opponents. He's not the best user of the ball, but I can barely recall a game where he goes missing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Christ, you guys are harsh on Stevens. Maybe, as supporters, all you see is the mistakes. But, to an outside observer, the bloke popping up all over the ground taking pressure marks on tough opponents. He's not the best user of the ball, but I can barely recall a game where he goes missing

Even his mum would admit his first 1 1/2 quarters were dreadful - when he wasn't turning it over, he was trying his hardest to hospitalise teammates - but he genuinely lifted after that. His ability to cover as a genuine tall defender when Davis was tryong to remember that he wasn't Kenny McGregor was very important in the end.

One thing about Stevens is that his head doesn't drop after he screws up.

Fair call, but as supporters we see the mistakes every week. As I said, he does the team things very well, I'd just rather see someone do the team things with a bit more general composure.

How good was Dangerfields 2nd goal when he got hit in the head? Got straight up and slotted it from 50?

Amazing
Reminded me of this
[youtube]-xh5N6yPa9U[/youtube]

Remove this Banner Ad

Gameday has arrived!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back