Gameday: NAB Cup Essendon vs Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

Excuse my ignorance but on the live scoring it says 2.9.2 74. I'm used to seeing goals and behinds on TV. What are the three figures?

Riemers looks very impressive like the mongrel in him, and loving Dempesy's run from HB line

I agree with you mate. I haven't seen a young kid attack the ball and man as hard as Riemers does in a very long time. And he doesn't back down to anybody. :thumbsu:

Great signs from the youngsters, pity about Gumby.

If it's torn they should give him 8 weeks off minimum just to get him right. He is young so no need to try rush him back. Sad to see a young kid in tears so early in his career but it will make him stronger.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good first half, up by 5 goals or so. Hocking is showing great signs with his tackling and pressure. Like the look of Reimers too, great attack on the ball. McPhee, Myers, Pears, Jetta been quiet but good signs.
Henderson is playing well too for Brissy

Bombers are looking ok tonight. Low point has obviously been Gumbletons hamstring but for the bloke before that said it was a 5-6 week injury, Id say it is too early to have diagnosed that mate. Very frustrating obviously, but give him time and hopefully he delivers. 100% by Round 1 is what I am hoping for.
Surprisingly we havent been getting slaughtered in the centre which is enormously pleasing. Just a comment on the mids though. Monfries is looking very good and isnt wasting the ball and Dyson is going along nicely. His 'big pre season' seems to be paying dividends. The skills arent flash but Im liking the looks of Dyson this year at this early stage. Also having never seen Hocking play, this kid seems a goer. I love his ferocity and hope he continues his good showing.
The real high point for me though was Dempsey's run off the half back. I slotted onto his bandwagon just behind the driver last season and am happy with glee at his first half. His daring runs are something to watch out for.
Good half, lets see how we go in the second half.
PS: Ryder seems to have been quiet.

Henderson is playing well too for Brissy

He looks good, but I wish they would get a damn map of Victoria out and stop saying he is from "Browny Country". Warrnambool and Birregurra are an hour and a half or so drive apart. They are a whole different type of hillbilly in those towns. I should know, I grew up somwhere in between the two. :D

He looks good, but I wish they would get a damn map of Victoria out and stop saying he is from "Browny Country". Warrnambool and Birregurra are an hour and a half or so drive apart. They are a whole different type of hillbilly in those towns. I should know, I grew up somwhere in between the two. :D

Stuck between a rock and hard place?

If we maintain that forward pressur just like the work that set Pev up for goal. man o man, we will cause alot of teams trouble this year. To think that Davey has yet to be thrown in the mix. :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Gameday: NAB Cup Essendon vs Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

Back