Gameday Thread- Adelaide Vs North Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

what you thought it was something else? South Adelaide would have run over Richmond's kids last week, and North just stopped zoning tonight because they couldn't get to the right spots anymore.

a decent team that remains 22/22 for the majority of the game are going to towel us up.

I was at the game and didn't get that impression. I'll watch a replay when I get home. Maybe I'm just wishful thinking!

Well, it was a bit of both. Certainly our youth and the limited bench made a difference, but you guys upped the ante too.

Regardless, good to finally have a win against you guys and to have a coach willing to play for a win rather than defend against one.
Do you have more of where he came from?

The Good:

-Armstrong - This kid has a future.

-Walker - Disgrace that the Super Coach has had this guy running around in the SANFL. Well done champ. Looks like Craig didn't totally destroy your game.

-

The Bad/The Ugly:

-Vince - Seems to be a one year wonder. Shadow of last years player.

-Captain Goodwin - pfft.

-Cook - Terrible footballer. Were do we get these guys from. And whose brilliant idea is it for Cook to be third man up at stoppages which gives us one less player to clear the ball.

-Lack of heart from the majority of the playing group. Just seem to be going through the motions. Normally see this from teams where the coach has lost the players. No heart, no toughness, soft in mind and body.

-Schmidt - See Cook.

-Rutten - Truck by name, Hillman by nature. Looks disinterested. Future captain.

-Reilly - Another negative of keeping so many seniors on last year is that realy average players like Reilly will get another contract. Has zero aggression, then again so does his teammates, coaches, management, etc etc.

I'm going to pretend that I haven't read someone trying to tell me that the Crows were out coached today.

today had very little to do with coaching.

apart from the priceless "WTF do we do?" expressions in the box every time they crossed. Stunned mullets. Our disposal is shithouse, our decision making is poor, half of them are not working hard enough. But the 09 Crows would be losing games as well, we'd be 3-5 on last years form.

-Cook - Terrible footballer. Were do we get these guys from. And whose brilliant idea is it for Cook to be third man up at stoppages which gives us one less player to clear the ball.
well, with Maric/Tippett getting owned by Goldstein, i don't see why not try it. i actually did see 1 hitout of Cook's go to the advantage of a Crow - i was so shocked!!! :eek: vB is another that often jumps up as 3rd man up. even Dangerfield had a go at it today...and he actually got up pretty high.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm going to pretend that I haven't read someone trying to tell me that the Crows were out coached today.

today had very little to do with coaching.

don't know about that.

Scott's move of ziebell and then harding onto bock to front him and restrict the run and drive he was providing early was a pretty telling and decisive coaching move.

Hmmm 9 points. Just think. ...Stiffy, Knights, thompson, Mckay might just have made up the difference tonight.

Anthony, Adams, Warren, Campbell, McIntosh and Hale might have made the difference the other way too.

it was a faux 9 point game, the roos took their eye off it at 3/4 time. if the margin was smaller at the last change, the final margin would likely have been bigger.

Last year, I was yelling and screaming at the tv.this year I couldn't care less. I DO care though. Is it possible I have footy depression? Going thru motions etc? I sit on my comfy chair and refrain fro
the cracking of the shits. Why though?

Anthony, Adams, Warren, Campbell, McIntosh and Hale might have made the difference the other way too.

it was a faux 9 point game, the roos took their eye off it at 3/4 time. if the margin was smaller at the last change, the final margin would likely have been bigger.

Who??:confused:

...seriously though, give north their full list and give us our full list. I'd be backing the Crows.

crazy talk. weve had enough games with enough of our list on the park to show this.

we have bigger issues.

No, yours is crazy talk. We've been unchanged once. Once. And Craig et al were criticised by the same people hunting and searching for issues that exist nowhere near as predominantly as touted. We have also used a huge number of players - unprecedented for the AFC. How can you even begin to think we've been at all settled?:confused:

One thing that frustrated me a lot last night is our use of the switch.

I'm a big fan of the tactic, but when the ball swings around and lands on a player on the opposite flank to where it originally was - that player has to then go forward, either run or kick!

I reckon that we switched sides with the ball about 10 times last night, only for the recieving player to stand there, and eventually have to go back and kick over the mark, wasting the opportunity, and defeating the purpose of the switch completely.

Just terrible.

Remove this Banner Ad

Gameday Thread- Adelaide Vs North Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Back