Preview Gameday Thread - Hawthorn vs Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another point. We have to be the worst goal kicking side in the comp.

Absolutely...

Sooner or later it will burn us. I would be very surprised if we are above 50% for the year. That said, imagine if we could raise to even 60%. We must have as many shots as any other team & are probably costing ourselves between 15 - 25 points a week in wasteful kicking.

would also love to know how max is doing, that is if anyone as heard or seen anything yet?

According to The Age website 2 disposals, 1 tackle and 12 hitouts.

Gee looked like Franklins soccer was clearly a goal. He then butters up with a simple set shot miss. We are dominating, should be 5 goals up but are only 6 points up.

early call this time in the year...its an 8 point game, yes 8 point game.

Must convert our chances in the next half obviously.

1 half down MAX, 500 to go !!!

SMASH EM' HAWKERS!!!!!

Well really happy with our first half. Right up there with Sydney in contested footy and tackles. Missed alot of opportunites though which seems to be an all too regular occurance for us. If we kicked with Richmonds efficiency ( i believe they are somewhere around 130.80 for the year), we would be win the flag.

We should win from here.

Absolute ripper comment by Bruce. "You almost have to concede a goal to get it down to your end"... By far the stupidest thing I've ever heard a commentator say.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Buddy should have been awarded that goal. Looked fairly obvious even in the real time footage. Could be something if the game is decided by less than a goal.

Our goal kicking has been poor, Buddy missed a few shots he should have slotted. They are playing the way old Sydney did under Roos. Tight, pack style rugby crap. We broke it open a bit in the 2nd quarter but never capitalised on it. Roughy has been good, as has Pup, Shoeman, and Gibbo down back. Rioli seems to be underdone, didnt expect him to be fit coming back from a hammy but we might see him subbed for Bruest? Just needs a game or so more to get back his match fitness.

^ You'd have to contemplate it. Really seems to be struggling out there and is letting his opponent be damaging on the way out. I would think if he doesn't get into the game in the next 20 mins he'll be off.

Waste of a QTR. :mad:

Yep, but lets look at the good point.
I expected the swans to run it out a few times and kick goals up the other end. We stopped that (or was it that there was no swans at their end of the ground).
Must bring the ball back into the centre when they flood back. No use going to the flanks they will block us up and we will bomb it to the top of the square and...... you know the rest.
Break free Rioli, keep going Big Max.

Burgers gets pinged there and fair enough. I just wish the same rules applied to Adam Goodes. Gee Gibson has been good.

Goodes the only player allowed to be turned 480 degrees in the tackle and NOT get pinged?

That Goal umpire just flat out cheated.

Where will Sydney get goals from? They don't seem to have forwards out there.

Umpires perhaps?

And let's not criticize a team for not having forwards Grizz, less than 3 weeks ago we were in that boat!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back