News Garlett & Robinson involved in Brawl

Remove this Banner Ad

Name the other off-field incidents Robinson has been involved in, other than getting punched by snipers at the Big Day Out and in Lonsdale Street?

There's no more dirt on him. You can tell it's a lazy media beatup because the journos run out of material two paragraphs in and have to start talking about Malthouse and Didak. Robinson doesn't have the sort of cranium that elicits sympathy from the public. If it was one of the AFL's golden boys, the media would be playing a very different tune.

Walker's already come out and said that Robinson has been warned and forgiven. If anything, we should be thanking him, because he's just freed up 50-100k cap space out of his own contract.

Name the other off-field incidents Robinson has been involved in, other than getting punched by snipers at the Big Day Out and in Lonsdale Street?

There's no more dirt on him. You can tell it's a lazy media beatup because the journos run out of material two paragraphs in and have to start talking about Malthouse and Didak. Robinson doesn't have the sort of cranium that elicits sympathy from the public. If it was one of the AFL's golden boys, the media would be playing a very different tune.

Walker's already come out and said that Robinson has been warned and forgiven. If anything, we should be thanking him, because he's just freed up 50-100k cap space out of his own contract.
The AFL's golden boys are golden boys for a reason. You'll never find Juddy in a punch-on.

Here's "The Log" from his pre-match function at Etihad Stadium yesterday, they are as good as gone now :

"Whilst our players were victims in a violent incident, it is inexcusable – I repeat, it is inexcusable – that both players were out in the early hours of Sunday morning," he said.

"These two individuals need to take responsibility for their behaviour and (the) situation they put themselves in and, subsequently, put our club in.

"Everyone at our football club works extremely hard to continue building a strong culture of professionalism and excellence. In order for us to be successful, everyone ... must strive for the same goal.

"We cannot, and we will not, tolerate selfish acts from anyone that destabilises what we are aiming to achieve."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-08-09/top-blue-lashes-selfish-pair

The AFL's golden boys are golden boys for a reason. You'll never find Juddy in a punch-on.
Compare Mitch to the players who were saved by the AFL's three strike policy and the deep pockets that got others off serious off field charges. Few AA players in that group. The Boys club has kept them in the AFL.

Judd has done on field things that he regrets.
I'm no choir boy, but I can honestly say I've never ****** up as badly as Mitch has and then lied about it to my boss.

You're a shit employee if you have.
The lie is the **** up.

Fining them for being out late is about discipline and protecting AFL players from dickheads who want to be heroes and have a shot at a footballer. You don't want our youth thinking it's OK to stay out late and put themselves in that situation.

Minor issue. They haven't been delisted on the spot like Bootsma and Dayle Garlett..

You'd kill to have the aforementioned players at Carlton.

Would have preferred the club made this sort of a statement in the beginning, before the media did. Front foot is important, not reacting to the murmurs.

Shame for both players they won't get a chance to prove themselves before the season ends. Should be Mick's call. He's the.ome that has to work with them and they have done nothing that affects sponsors so it's not the president's call IMO.

a.jpg

Genuine guy in spite of his reputation as a flog and thug.

Judd has done on field things that he regrets.
Chris Judd on life and football

I especially like this bit;

ML: Do you have any footballing regrets?

CJ: No, because I’ve made mistakes but they are part and parcel of growing and developing. I think the mistakes that I’ve made have probably been responsible for much of my AFL development than the times when I haven’t been making mistakes. So I don’t really regret them, and regrets are probably things, say, for real catastrophes in your life, and I don’t know if footy equates to those sort of things.

Given the strong stand taken against Bootsma and his sacking, was a precedent set? I support keeping Robinson and attempting to rehabilitate him for the benefit of all. My son told me at the time of Bootsma's sacking that his behaviour provided Carlton with the excuse to get out of a bad decision to extend his contract. If he was a player we valued we would have found a way to keep him. After Mitch's effort there appears to be some merit in his argument.

Given the strong stand taken against Bootsma and his sacking, was a precedent set? I support keeping Robinson and attempting to rehabilitate him for the benefit of all. My son told me at the time of Bootsma's sacking that his behaviour provided Carlton with the excuse to get out of a bad decision to extend his contract. If he was a player we valued we would have found a way to keep him. After Mitch's effort there appears to be some merit in his argument.

Not really.

If you want to have a club based on strong discipline coupled with a creditable structure, then its one set of rules for everyone.

You cannot selectively apply the rules depending on the ability of the player, it will lead to player discontent and a lack of trust in the administration.

If you want to have a club based on strong discipline coupled with a creditable structure, then its one set of rules for everyone.

You cannot selectively apply the rules depending on the ability of the player, it will lead to player discontent and a lack of trust in the administration.

That's largely true in principle but not completely correct in practice.

Bootsma was on the outer for some time and it must have been an interesting chat that was had last year, when he was given another two years.
Maybe we bought his, or his managements promises but in the end we were happy to have been given an out to terminate his contract.

Robinson is a bit of a loose cannon and lying to the club isn't a particularly endearing trait but it's all relative as to whether:
1. We really do want to keep him.
2. We trust ourselves to be able to keep him on the straight and narrow from here on in.
3. What we can gain by trading Robinson.

That's largely true in principle but not completely correct in practice.

Bootsma was on the outer for some time and it must have been an interesting chat that was had last year, when he was given another two years.
Maybe we bought his, or his managements promises but in the end we were happy to have been given an out to terminate his contract.

Robinson is a bit of a loose cannon and lying to the club isn't a particularly endearing trait but it's all relative as to whether:
1. We really do want to keep him.
2. We trust ourselves to be able to keep him on the straight and narrow from here on in.
3. What we can gain by trading Robinson.

That is the most irrelevant point of all of them. Who cares if we did want to keep him initially, based on the fact he told "pork-pies", his reliability and level of trust has been completely destroyed so there is little reason to keep him anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That is the most irrelevant point of all of them. Who cares if we did want to keep him initially, based on the fact he told "pork-pies", his reliability and level of trust has been completely destroyed so there is little reason to keep him anyway.

Do you think Robinson to be the first person to lie to the club in recent years? Do you really? :)

Clubs deal with all sorts of issues every day and that's no surprise when you have 45 players under your control. Wake up Jeff.

i think he deserves a 'last chance'

Do you think Robinson to be the first person to lie to the club in recent years? Do you really? :)

Clubs deal with all sorts of issues every day and that's no surprise when you have 45 players under your control. Wake up Jeff.

Players may lie to the club but this one has been made public which puts the follow-up actions under heavy scrutiny (especially the media) and the quality of our administration is tested as well.

I am not concerned with what the players at other clubs do, I'm only concerned with what the players at the Carlton Football Club do. If we were winning flags on a regular basis, no-one would be focussing so hard on minor indiscretions, when you are down the bottom of the ladder and haven't won a flag for near on 20-years, then you have to look at these things on a bigger scale.

Players may lie to the club but this one has been made public which puts the follow-up actions under heavy scrutiny (especially the media) and the quality of our administration is tested as well.

I am not concerned with what the players at other clubs do, I'm only concerned with what the players at the Carlton Football Club do. If we were winning flags on a regular basis, no-one would be focussing so hard on minor indiscretions, when you are down the bottom of the ladder and haven't won a flag for near on 20-years, then you have to look at these things on a bigger scale.

Neither should a club buckle under the weight of media pressure.

I'm generalizing in commentary and suggesting that each situation has to be taken into context, to which we rarely have all the details of.

Neither should a club buckle under the weight of media pressure.

I'm generalizing in commentary and suggesting that each situation has to be taken into context, to which we rarely have all the details of.

I agree that we shouldn't buckle under media pressure but for the past decade, that is what have done. Time for us to stand up on our own two feet and draw that fictitious line in the sand that actually means something.

I agree that we shouldn't buckle under media pressure but for the past decade, that is what have done. Time for us to stand up on our own two feet and draw that fictitious line in the sand that actually means something.

I feel that we're doing that now TheSheik

I don't know what Robinsons future holds but we won't be hanging on to him just in case our decision comes back to bite us.
We saw that last year with the cull we had, will see it again this year and we didn't waste time giving Bootsma the chop either.

If Robinson is retained it will be for a good reason.........maybe just one we aren't aware of.

I'm no choir boy, but I can honestly say I've never ****** up as badly as Mitch has and then lied about it to my boss.

You're a shit employee if you have.
My God, you talk utter shit. You told me you were a choir boy.

anyone see judd on on the couch? 'jeffy and mitch were out late and they got bashed'. just funny how bluntly he threw it at them.

but the point he made was that the brawl was of purely bad luck of being in wrong place at wrong time. what mitch and robo will be judged on us being out late and in robo's case the lying. the bashing is incidental.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Garlett & Robinson involved in Brawl

Remove this Banner Ad

Back