News Garlett & Robinson involved in Brawl

Remove this Banner Ad

Why Affray? Very serious charge. I'm no lawyer so perhaps our legal eagles could explain this one. It needs a group of people brawling and an imaginary witness who could fear for their well being. How do you prove who started the melee? Surely you're allowed to defend yourself if others attack you. Robbo was there. He'll be charged as well.

Isn't affray one step down from assault. I thought it was more of a public disorder charge.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nothing charge. Group fighting that disturbs the peace (what type of group fight wouldn't?).

Nothing like the charges that Greene has.

Sounds like they don't think he was the victim but also don't think it's worthy if an assault charge unlike the guys who belted him.

Weird how Robbo who was actually injured isn't charged.

Why Affray? Very serious charge. I'm no lawyer so perhaps our legal eagles could explain this one. It needs a group of people brawling and an imaginary witness who could fear for their well being. How do you prove who started the melee? Surely you're allowed to defend yourself if others attack you. Robbo was there. He'll be charged as well.
Garlett could say he wishes to become a fireman, but he isn't strong enough to hold the hose.

Hardly a hanging offence with several big names getting off more serious charges.

A young NRL star had his charges withdrawn and dismissed this year.

Affray charges against South Sydney's Dylan Walker withdrawn and dismissed

http://www.adla.com.au/web/page/vic_affray

From the look of things, just being involved in a fight is technically illegal, but there are multiple defenses.

Including necessity? I just needed to punch that bloke your honor. I needed it

I thought there was nothing wrong with a bloke (professional athlete) heading out and just living his life until 5am before an 8am recovery session? It was his 25th birthday after all... You know...the big 2-5...one of the most important birthdays.

Why are the police picking on him?

So confused...:confused:

I thought there was nothing wrong with a bloke (professional athlete) heading out and just living his life until 5am before an 8am recovery session? It was his 25th birthday after all... You know...the big 2-5...one of the most important birthdays.

Why are the police picking on him?

So confused...:confused:
There isn't anything wrong with that.

He was involved in an altercation, and if he has done anything wrong he will be charged accordingly, and rightly so.

There isn't anything wrong with that.

He was involved in an altercation, and if he has done anything wrong he will be charged accordingly, and rightly so.
Of course there's something wrong with it. The best players are always looking for a competitive edge and go to great lengths for any advantage. Being out at 5am before a recovery session is not the behaviour of players aiming to get the best out of themselves.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Garlett & Robinson involved in Brawl

Remove this Banner Ad

Back