News Garlett & Robinson involved in Brawl

Remove this Banner Ad

Does he even have a record? If it's a first offence I doubt he'll get jail time.

Can't be sure. Have to say, Jeff doesn't seem like the type of bloke to have priors.

Even with priors, it can take a hell of a lot to go to prison.

Almost zero chance that he would receive the maximum sentence for a fight between 6 or so blokes outside a pub. Probably about the same chance he gets any jail time at all (the same goes for the others involved).

A (possibly suspended) fine, maybe some community service.

Acknowledged. Gaol is not the likely outcome. My point was that it is not the trifling charge that some have made it out.

I hope this re-centres and re-focuses Jeff and we see his very best in 2015. Hopefully for us and not against us. Either way I hope things turn around for him.

Acknowledged. Gaol is not the likely outcome. My point was that it is not the trifling charge that some have made it out.

I hope this re-centres and re-focuses Jeff and we see his very best in 2015. Hopefully for us and not against us. Either way I hope things turn around for him.
Footy puts the blinkers on people, if a Carlton player does something wrong off field they're often viewed as misunderstood while an opposition player does a similar thing and they're a thug, lucky not to be in gaol etc etc..

Good grief people, leave them both alone, while I condone violence it is not even close to what Marley Williams and the other dude from WCE did. He turned up for the recovery session. All clubs probably have a few players on their list that are a bit wild. I am sure one season would not dent Garlett's reputation unless there is an underlying problem which we are unaware off.

Good grief people, leave them both alone, while I condone violence it is not even close to what Marley Williams and the other dude from WCE did. He turned up for the recovery session. All clubs probably have a few players on their list that are a bit wild. I am sure one season would not dent Garlett's reputation unless there is an underlying problem which we are unaware off.
So affray is in no way similar to assault?
Being wild is one thing, getting into brawls is another matter entirely.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So affray is in no way similar to assault?
Being wild is one thing, getting into brawls is another matter entirely.

We weren't there. We have no idea how instigated it, etc etc.

Let's just hope everything works out for the best for the players - whether that means they stay or leave.

Has Garlett been in trouble before with the club? I probably consider him to be one of the quiet ones, then again I don't know him personally and he has probably grown up considerably over the past couple of years.

Affray is a lesser charge than assault i thought. My understanding is that affray is just participating in a fight.

Assault i assumed was a heavier charge where you've in fact caused damage to someone.

This is true.

Affray is a lesser charge than assault i thought. My understanding is that affray is just participating in a fight.

Assault i assumed was a heavier charge where you've in fact caused damage to someone.
http://www.legalaid.vic.gov.au/find-legal-answers/criminal-offences/violent-behaviour
Can I be charged if I was with friends who committed a violent act, even if I didn’t take part in it?

It can be very hard to work out exactly what’s happened when there is a group of people involved in a violent act. Often everyone at the scene will be charged. ‘Affray’ (a violent disturbance of the peace) is a common charge in these circumstances.

The other parties were arrested and charged with affray, recklessly causing injury, unlawful assault and other assault offences.

They're not going to jail someone and ask taxpayers to take care of someone who has been found guilty of affray.

Mick Gatto is hanging out with Dane Swan after killing a man. :rolleyes:
And i assume Robbo will be charged with being a punching bag and promptly laughed at by all and sundry.
Robinson clearly assaulted the four using eye socket.

Might want to edit that bit.

We weren't there. We have no idea how instigated it, etc etc.

Let's just hope everything works out for the best for the players - whether that means they stay or leave.

That's cool, I wasn't accusing anyone of starting it as i have no idea, I was just saying that to claim that there's no tie in between (in essence) being charged with fighting and being charged with hurting someone is a little odd.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Garlett & Robinson involved in Brawl

Remove this Banner Ad

Back