Game Day Gather Round 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

The ground looked amazing.

340983737_185353410554423_4300748034609804425_n.jpg

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s embarrassing when you then get shots of the half empty stands

The issue many have brought up is the games were sell outs which means people bought tickets for multiple games. For whatever reason they didnt go. How many people were there from the first game that hung around until the Port game got counted in the 45K? It certainly was not that big of a crowd.

The ground looked amazing.

340983737_185353410554423_4300748034609804425_n.jpg
Was a great time, apart from having to go for the Kangas with a couple of Kangas-supporting mates.

Lovely oval, plenty of food and drink spots meant no queues. Good stuff, would attend again.

And because the BOM is useless, not a drop of rain during the game. I actually got ****ing sunburnt!

I wonder if it's exclusively a port fan issue of only caring about their team and wonder if the Crows has a a double header if more of us would go to the first game.

I guess the weather is a huge factor though.
Sitting in the pouring rain is the last thing I would do regardless how much I loved the club. They obviously lied about that game being a sellout but some who bought a ticket wouldn't have turned up For the money they spent on the stadium they could have built a roof. They spent roughly the same as the docklands stadium and they managed to do it.

Sitting in the pouring rain is the last thing I would do regardless how much I loved the club. They obviously lied about that game being a sellout but some who bought a ticket wouldn't have turned up For the money they spent on the stadium they could have built a roof. They spent roughly the same as the docklands stadium and they managed to do it.
A roof on the stadium would be shit.

Wet games are a part of footy, I like that teams have the extra challenge of sometimes playing in the wet.

Maybe next "gather round" Port can play at Alberton so they can come close to filling a ground. No disrespect to their team but their supporters are the most fairweather, embarrassing pieces of s**t the AFL has seen, may as well move them to Tassie and put Norwood in as our second team because tonight was a dead set joke
They gave every other State a chance to claim gather round thanks to their non-attendance.
A prime-time Sat night slot and they pull a mid 20k crowd? Pathetic.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day Gather Round 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Back