News Gavin Brown Leaves Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Phew, he's off to North.

Nothing against Rowdy, but he's not a good coach, anyone who listened to him when he was the VFL coach knows what I'm talking about.

Nice bloke, but not a good coach, thankfully he's not coming back to us.

Apparently off to North Melbourne......probably can end this thread....

Apparently off to North Melbourne......probably can end this thread....

Seems to be the in desitination at the moment. Lots of assistants see them rising up the ladder and your value goes up if you are at a successful club.

dont doubt you have some personal experience with him but how do you know this? Always thought highly of him and hoped he would do well.

just needed to hear his qtr time addresses when he was the VFL coach to get a feel for his coaching ability "ok boys now this quarter all i want you to do is go in hard, kick long and remember the boudary line is your friend".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

oh god please no. Great player and lovely guy but cant coach for sh*t

Presti probably isn't a great coach either, but we found a role for him.

Even within the coaching structure there are different roles that require different skills. A development coach would have a different skillset to the senior coach.

I'd be surprised if we wouldn't or couldn't create a role for him that gets him back to the club and makes use of his skills - it'd be more of a question of whether he'd want that role. He could probably find a better one elsewhere.

Presti probably isn't a great coach either, but we found a role for him.

Even within the coaching structure there are different roles that require different skills. A development coach would have a different skillset to the senior coach.

I'd be surprised if we wouldn't or couldn't create a role for him that gets him back to the club and makes use of his skills - it'd be more of a question of whether he'd want that role. He could probably find a better one elsewhere.

I think getting politely moved on from 2 coaching positions in the last few years is a fair indication he's not up to it

Well done Rowdy! I missed you champ!

Clearly the coach has lost the respect of the coaching group due to his ego.

Disgraceful way to treat a champion of the game, Carlton. For shame. :p

I get the feeling he doesn't get along too well with MM. Twice left a club with him as the senior coach.

Not sure about that. He left the Pies when the succession plan was announced so maybe he saw no career progression under Bucks?

Going to North is smart, probably the big improver next year with legit flag shot in the coming years. History shows that if you are an assistant at a club that flags your value goes up as does your prospects of getting a senior gig.

I think getting politely moved on from 2 coaching positions in the last few years is a fair indication he's not up to it

I remember it differently - I remember him leaving the Pies was his choice, and (as morgoth said) it was just after the announcement of the succession plan, so it would seem like there wasn't going to be many opportunities for him.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Gavin Brown Leaves Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Back