• Reilly O'Brien

• Josh Rachele

• James Rowe

• Harry Schoenberg

• Lachlan Sholl

• Brodie Smith

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon Dawson and Rachelle were the exact same distance from Murphy when he was infringed, couldn’t think of two players I’d want that kick to go with more tbh
I noticed Rachelle had the ball in his hands after Murphy went off hoping he would be the one to take the kick. The lad has confidence already

Good

We won. Port lost.

Dawson.

Himmelberg actually put it all together for once. Still had his awkward moments, though (that handball).

The other Berg was a bit better also.

Gollant very promising.

Bit more verve and dare with the ball movement was good to see.

Our workhorse midfield successfully workhorsed.

I continue to quite like Hinge.

Just, sort of, hanging in there?

Bad

Fog very anonymous. This perhaps better than last week, but still bad. Really hasn't made the spot his own in Tex's absence.

Cook very quiet. Will probably get dropped, unfortunately.

Skills remain not great. Handballing to a stationary ruckman remains not great.

Small forwards didn't do much. Props to Murphy for winning the game with his head, though.

Whilst there were some interesting umpiring decisions, there were also some stupid mistakes on our part (most notably the two fifties, which were there given the rules).

100%

Murphy misses.

The trainer looks like he is telling him, you stay the f**k down and dont move, youre not taking the kick. Jordan has the ball.
The trainer threw a couple of punches

No fog kicked 5 in perth other stats very similar.

Jones was WOG
Fog at least shepherded a goal through.
Jones crashed a couple of packs.

They were both awful, but Jones probably gets another week unless they want Davis.

Fogarty will be playing reserves unless they want to ease Walker in.

Frampton actually did some decent things. His play is pretty good. He’s not a one on one defenders arse though.

For some reason(his size), our back line look far more balanced with him up there.

He also cluncked one early in the game.
Don't think I've seen that before.

Nah, it's time to stop excusing poor delivery for Fog's underwhelming performances. Himmelberg responded by kicking four, Gollant also kicked four. Fog just simply isn't bringing anything to the table at the moment and needs a good spell in the twos to determine whether he really is going to make it. My confidence is decreasing week by week with him.
He looks down in the dumps to me, resulting in giving away lots of undisciplined free's, and it's also affecting his goal kicking.

He's now behind Himmelberg after tonight.

Having now watched the replay that goal with the long buildup, with the big commentary setup, bad looking kick to start with, the trailed off commentary and then Dunstall roaring that it's coming back and Huddo to cap it off. Within the broader context of what this game was about and meant, it is abundantly clear that it was made for cinema.

Therefore, someone needs to do that. The kick that made everyone's heart drop and then fill up again. Magic.

No fog kicked 5 in perth other stats very similar.

Jones was WOG
Fog at least shepherded a goal through.
Fog kicked 5 - but he's never had an impact across a whole game, the way that Berg did tonight.

Fog shepherded the goal, he also gave away yet another stupid free out of frustration - and was damn lucky he didn't give away another, when Berg marked and kicked his 1st or 2nd goal.

If Fog was only our 2nd worst on ground, then I can live with that. He had a game with few redeeming moments, on a night when many of the other forwards were having a night out.

Starting to think back thru the game now I've calmed down. One thing I made a mental note of, there were two really bad blatant head hits during the play that weren't even given a free kick as far as I can tell. One was Hinge, not sure who the other was. Blatant, obvious, very forceful, openly visible. Nothing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I ruled a line through Himmelberg's name after last week's game.

He sure showed me. If only he can back that up, especially with Tex coming back to take the best defender.

Next ones I'm ruling a line through are Fog and Jones. Fingers crossed.

Having now watched the replay that goal with the long buildup, with the big commentary setup, bad looking kick to start with, the trailed off commentary and then Dunstall roaring that it's coming back and Huddo to cap it off. Within the broader context of what this game was about and meant, it is abundantly clear that it was made for cinema.

Therefore, someone needs to do that. The kick that made everyone's heart drop and then fill up again. Magic.
Couldn't have scripted it better!!
Huddo was going off his chops!

I noticed Rachelle had the ball in his hands after Murphy went off hoping he would be the one to take the kick. The lad has confidence already
I think those 2 are already showing signs of wanting/needing to be in the leadership group

Port should absolutely dump Hinkley. (I hope they don’t.)

But what’s incredible is the number of supporters who think that when they get rid of him they’ll somehow get a REAL Port coach and then they’ll be the REAL Port again like they were in the SANFL 30 years ago

They actually believe that they’re just a short step away from it. Totally delusional

There are 4 standouts to miss next week..

Rowe
Frampton
Mchenry
Scholl

Maybe also add Fog.. however his delivery was woeful.
And still the excuses for Fog come, can't even use his 1 wood in 2022.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review GBU: Jordan Dawson sinks Port Adelaide after the siren

Back