• Brodie Smith

• Patrick Parnell

• Tom Doedee

• Ben Davis (sub)

• Jordon Butts

• Reilly O'Brien

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rowe is also from SA and was the best small forward in the SANFL that year in a team that won the flag, there was nothing wrong with the selection given our small forward stocks. He has played good footy for us as well and can clearly play at AFL level, but he isn't the right fit for us anymore now that Rankine is available and we drafted Rachele.
I don't often agree with you, but the above is very fair.
When Rowe was selected @ Pick 38 in the 2020 draft, it seemed a good choice. Depth, and m-a-y-b-e he'll make it at AFL level. I don't remember a lot of anti-Rowe noise in BF at the time, but I might be wrong.
I don't know that he can "clearly play at AFL level". For his size and weight (173cms, about 72Kgs) you've got to have special skills at AFL level.
Rowe's not fast enough, strong enough, nor skilled enough to be retained over Rachele and Rankine (if we get him) and seems to be one of those players who excels at SANFL level but doesn't make the step-up.

I'd group Murphy/ McHenry/ Jones/ Rowe/ Sholl together. Too small, too scrawny.
Of those five, I like Murphy and Jones most, but it's subjective. I'd like to see what they are capable of after another pre-season under Burgess, muscle- and fitness-wise.
McHenry and Rowe have least game impact, imo; Sholl is probably the most highly-skilled but gets rag-dolled and brushed aside too easily.

I don't often agree with you, but the above is very fair.
When Rowe was selected @ Pick 38 in the 2020 draft, it seemed a good choice. Depth, and m-a-y-b-e he'll make it at AFL level. I don't remember a lot of anti-Rowe noise in BF at the time, but I might be wrong.
I don't know that he can "clearly play at AFL level". For his size and weight (173cms, about 72Kgs) you've got to have special skills at AFL level.
Rowe's not fast enough, strong enough, nor skilled enough to be retained over Rachele and Rankine (if we get him) and seems to be one of those players who excels at SANFL level but doesn't make the step-up.

I'd group Murphy/ McHenry/ Jones/ Rowe/ Sholl together. Too small, too scrawny.
Of those five, I like Murphy and Jones most, but it's subjective. I'd like to see what they are capable of after another pre-season under Burgess, muscle- and fitness-wise.
McHenry and Rowe have least game impact, imo; Sholl is probably the most highly-skilled but gets rag-dolled and brushed aside too easily.
Rowe recruited for one purpose only - to get a radio station host on board and less critical of the club. Sight challenged Freddette can see he is not suited to the pace of the game, and has not shown he is able to overcome this with pure skill like some have done.

Hm.
fb_img_1661589151517-jpg.1492544

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Probably can go into the What you imagine fellow Adelaide posters to look like.... thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review GBU vs Port

Back