GCS what were the AFL thinking?

Remove this Banner Ad

Gold Coast really stuffed up with recruitment. They should have traded for average players from other clubs who are proven AFL players but wouldn't have cost much. Melbourne dumped a couple of solid older players last year that i think the Gold Coast could have used for a year or 2 before their kids came good and they should have got guys like Luke Ablett who while not the greatest player was a player who had plenty of AFL experience and they would have been able to get him for nothing.

Re: Gold Coast entered the comp a year too early

How about you think about player payments?

How much more would an additional 8 experienced AFL seniors cost per year compared to 8 rookies? How then would that impact on the rest of the team?

Please, please think about the whole before posting Nostradamous. :rolleyes:

Gold Coast could do a Carlton and burn the salary cap by millions yet they would get away scot free. What? You think the AFL is going to penalise them the way they did Carlton? Yeah right.

Gold Coast really stuffed up with recruitment. They should have traded for average players from other clubs who are proven AFL players but wouldn't have cost much. Melbourne dumped a couple of solid older players last year that i think the Gold Coast could have used for a year or 2 before their kids came good and they should have got guys like Luke Ablett who while not the greatest player was a player who had plenty of AFL experience and they would have been able to get him for nothing.
What i was thinking.

They went overboard with the drafting of players. If it all goes right than they'll be a powerhouse but more Dan Harris like players were needed for short term success. Shane Valenti, Luke Ablett etc.

They should not have had the bye in the first round. This meant a team with mainly a bunch of comes up kids against a team that already has match fitness. Terrible decision by the AFL. They also have another bye in Round 9 which means they will then play 15 rounds straight without a break.

They should have started with a game against Brisbane at the Gabba then another home game against another lower team. Their first bye should be around week 8 then week 16.

This is the 22 I would of tried to create

FB: Harbrow N.Brown Toy
HB: C.Brown Bock Goldsack
C: Rischitelli Ablett Tambling
HF: Matera Gumbleton Bennell
C: Brennan Dixon Prestia
R: Z.Clarke Swallow Grigg
I/C: Harris Coad Tape SUB : Hunt

Would be competitive and youthful at the same time

Remove this Banner Ad

GCS what were the AFL thinking?

Remove this Banner Ad