GDFL 2009 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
:):):)
Good win by belmont lions 2day,

Very good win by the Lions. Boys are travelling well. I may be one of those who underestimated the boys from Osbourne Park. Travelling beautifully at the moment. BPH made the statement they needed to make, very good win at Mitchell Park.

Very good win by the Lions. Boys are travelling well. I may be one of those who underestimated the boys from Osbourne Park. Travelling beautifully at the moment. BPH made the statement they needed to make, very good win at Mitchell Park.

I ventured out to watch the Belmont game yesterday and was a bit disappointed, pretty lacklustre game apart from a comeback challenge from East in the last quarter. Two things i took from the game were:
1: Belmont will suprise a few sides on that "fun size" football ground. (Haami WILLIAMS would eat pizzas that are bigger than that oval!)
2: Females have NO business umpiring senior football. I know umpiring is a tough gig but the young girl who "umpired" yesterday was not up to it! She made mistakes all day, both ways and was intimidated by the crowd and the occasion. The game had a few spot fires that could have got out of control and the poor girl looked petrified!

And the jumper clash was one of the worst Ive seen, surely Belmont could have utilised the yellow strip??

Could be a cracker year for the GDFL with a few other upsets for the round too!

I ventured out to watch the Belmont game yesterday and was a bit disappointed, pretty lacklustre game apart from a comeback challenge from East in the last quarter. Two things i took from the game were:
1: Belmont will suprise a few sides on that "fun size" football ground. (Haami WILLIAMS would eat pizzas that are bigger than that oval!)
2: Females have NO business umpiring senior football. I know umpiring is a tough gig but the young girl who "umpired" yesterday was not up to it! She made mistakes all day, both ways and was intimidated by the crowd and the occasion. The game had a few spot fires that could have got out of control and the poor girl looked petrified!

And the jumper clash was one of the worst Ive seen, surely Belmont could have utilised the yellow strip??

We probably could have used the yellow, but as the coaches said, why should we change our strip at our home game? Just because we are the only club with a clash jumper? Other clubs can get off their arse and get themselves a clash jumper as well.

Howdy all, had an interesting trip to Moama over the weekend. Bumped into a bloke who may be back to add a bit of depth to those fabulous Magpies next week. Former premiership player, looked a ball of muscle...

Howdy all, had an interesting trip to Moama over the weekend. Bumped into a bloke who may be back to add a bit of depth to those fabulous Magpies next week. Former premiership player, looked a ball of muscle...
u wouldnt b talkin about good old uncle rory there would ya??
cant wait 4 the great man himself to pull bak on the black and white jumper...

Saliba and the Richert show out at Winchelsea yesterday, hope they enjoy fighting Blue West for the spoon.

Wonder how vocal the Winch posters will be this week :D The roos will suprise a few more teams before the end of the season.

Can't believe Belmont beat East and good old Corio failed again, are North that good or were Corio that bad? And BPH avenging last years Grand Final defeat.

Biddiscombe won't sign now DEVILS.

Saliba and the Richert show out at Winchelsea yesterday, hope they enjoy fighting Blue West for the spoon.

Wonder how vocal the Winch posters will be this week :D The roos will suprise a few more teams before the end of the season.

Can't believe Belmont beat East and good old Corio failed again, are North that good or were Corio that bad? And BPH avenging last years Grand Final defeat.

You beat last years wooden spooners you douche. Pipe down unless you have some real results on the board.

Well done to the Bellies Boys yesterday. Super win over the supposed premiership favourites.

the game at Godfrey Street Reserve was a cracker on saturday, but one thing is certain. Thomson need a better backline if they are to go back to back. I beleive it was Venner, he killed thomson in that last quarter. Rod Peacock was the player on him, and he was too slow to stick with him. Venner was the option every foray forward, and took just about everything, as he had nearly 3 metres on peacock everytime. But if we can take something from this round, it is that the top 5 may not be as we excpected. Belmont and North getting over East and Corio. And it also shows (as i posted earlier) that corio isnt as good as what everyone says, and that thomson are still serious threats for the flag. It's gonna be a cracker year in the GDFL, and it's only round 2 :thumbsu::D

north were to good. When they were up at half time they were never going to win. Was the tall bloke on the wing Armistead? It;s very handy for North to have him and Blake playing, but you;d have to think if they play that well every week they;d be close to Falcons. Does anybody know what happened in result of the third quarter incident? Also, how far off is Billy Nicholls and I saw Jed Potter coming off the ground when I got there, so he played reserves?

the game at Godfrey Street Reserve was a cracker on saturday

certainly was:thumbsu:

but one thing is certain. Thomson need a better backline if they are to go back to back. I beleive it was Venner, he killed thomson in that last quarter. Rod Peacock was the player on him, and he was too slow to stick with him. Venner was the option every foray forward, and took just about everything, as he had nearly 3 metres on peacock everytime.

I like their backline alot actually, Vaughn looks to be a super pick up and I though Peacock had Grgic's measure for most of the game.. did have a poor last quarter though, i'll accept that.

But if we can take something from this round, it is that the top 5 may not be as we excpected. Belmont and North getting over East and Corio. And it also shows (as i posted earlier) that corio isnt as good as what everyone says, and that thomson are still serious threats for the flag.

Banno, Thomson, BPH and East are certain to make the 5 i reckon.. Belmont, Corio, North and possibly Werribee will be fighting for the other spot

It's gonna be a cracker year in the GDFL, and it's only round 2 :thumbsu::D

i reckon! of all the leagues in Geelong this one is the most up for grabs i reckon which is great. so many good battles each week

Were you the little fat kid in the back pocket for the reserves that didn't contribute anything to Anakie's win at all?

Were you the little fat kid in the back pocket for the reserves that didn't contribute anything to Anakie's win at all?

Sorry mate I heard your coach gave you a blast after the match on Saturday, pity we couldn't hear it we were too busy singing the team song.

Going to be another long season out at Hopkins St for the Winchelsea faithful.

Hopefully the underlining, size difference and color change has been noted in your quoted post ripitup27, Go the Roos!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry mate I heard your coach gave you a blast after the match on Saturday, pity we couldn't hear it we were too busy singing the team song.

<b>Going to be another long season out at Hopkins St for the Winchelsea faithful.</b>

Hopefully the underlining, size difference and color change has been noted in your quoted post ripitup27, Go the Roos!

I dont know about that. The seniors kicked something like 9.17 and in the reserves the full forward and centre half forward kicked 3.9 between them to only lose by a couple of goals. Hard to win games with inaccuracy like that but still a very competitive efforts from both teams. It will just make the boys hungrier next time. it was always going to take some games to relearn how to put teams away when it counts.
Winch is already looking forward to the rematch.

yeah we have plenty of money at the corio, you keep bringing it up do you need some, we heaps mate

:eek::confused: "we heaps mate" - F7 Spellcheck.

I don't need any money from a footy club, the main reason being I'm not good enough to get any :D

Corio 0-2, another loss this week against Werribee and you could amost kiss your top 3 aspirations away.

apparently Rob May's injury is a lot worse than everyone thinks, he keeps saying it's a week by week thing, but i've been hearing he'll be out for at least 12 weeks with knee damage.

apparently Rob May's injury is a lot worse than everyone thinks, he keeps saying it's a week by week thing, but i've been hearing he'll be out for at least 12 weeks with knee damage.

Is he really even that good though? Quite over-rated I have found.

Sure he is a decent enough player but I don't think he would make that much of a difference to a BPH unit playing at their best.

Speaking of over-rated footballers....... ash bogan!!! what a bum!! couldn't get a kick to save himself.... belmont lions wont make finals with a bloke in there side like that...

Speaking of over-rated footballers....... ash bogan!!! what a bum!! couldn't get a kick to save himself.... belmont lions wont make finals with a bloke in there side like that...

Kicked 4 in a premiership side 2 years ago....has been in and out of the ones since.... I'm backing him in to make you eat your words...

must have a bit of cash to pay for ricky,barry,sharkey,stewart,manning,fergy,potter and a good half a dozen extras

Why don't you blokes find something new to talk about. I'm pretty certain all clubs are spending money and not all of them are getting a return for it. Why not wait until round 9 before shooting your mouths off, or atleast go to a successful side where your potshots at other clubs will hold some weight... My boys beat East on Saturday and following the logic of the GDFL finance experts on here, we must be paying a fortune for our side.

:eek::confused: "we heaps mate" - F7 Spellcheck.

I don't need any money from a footy club, the main reason being I'm not good enough to get any :D

Corio 0-2, another loss this week against Werribee and you could amost kiss your top 3 aspirations away.

True that.:thumbsu:

I wont mention anything about your spelling, i really dont think spell check is a big enough issue to worry about.amost:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back