GDFL 2009 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I think you will find I am very close to the mark there DEVILS, don't try and dispute it. We don't have the calibre of players to pay out here in roo country so money is never an issue for us, we're just too far out of town to attract decent players.

North Shore offered a fit Nicholls close to his Corio payments last season but he declined as he wanted to stay at Corio. Fergusson lets everyone know how much $ he earns a game.

Remember DEVILS there are alot of North Shore, Corio & North Geelong ex-players at our club, word travels fast.

Don't be ashamed champ, it's only money after all :thumbsu: but money can't always buy success.

I think DEVILS might know a bit more about who is on what at Corio than you do. Always love the way people seem to know what players from other clubs are on. Heard it my my girlfriends, brothers best mate, whose uncles ex wife is married to the bloke who fills the water bottles for the u/14s on days that it doesn't rain...so it must be true!

Now, back to the serious stuff. Any tips for this weekend?

Banno will be too strong for GWSC
Corio to bounce back against an underrated North
Centrals to get their first win under their new coach against Inva
Anakie to get the points against Winch...just
East to scrape home against my Lions
Finally, it what will be the match of the round, BPH to get over Thomson. If BPH are to be considered a serious finals threat, this is the game they need to make a big statement in.

What so they don't have shaven heads and tattoos their inbred? Well when you're behind the fence drinking you goon or whatever it is you dish out of that fairy park! Strap yourself in sunshine cos you just might be in for a lesson!

What a CORKER of a post! :eek:

In for a lesson!!
We were super competitive with Thomson (the reigning premiers) until half-time last match in the Seniors and our 2's only lost because of 2 goals in the last 5 minutes of play.

Anakie to come away with the chocolates in both grades, Winchelsea to resume the wooden spoon race with the easy beats of the competition, Blue West.

I think DEVILS might know a bit more about who is on what at Corio than you do. Always love the way people seem to know what players from other clubs are on. Heard it my my girlfriends, brothers best mate, whose uncles ex wife is married to the bloke who fills the water bottles for the u/14s on days that it doesn't rain...so it must be true!

Now, back to the serious stuff. Any tips for this weekend?

spider36, I'm well aware of all the nonsense (he said, she said) regarding player payments and what not, I was just making a very educated and informed point that Corio have spent alot of money in recent seasons (apart from their 2 year hiatus, when O'Toole & Co. were at Newcomb) but have very little to show for it.

I don't begrudge them for it, if they have the money and can attract players which strengthens our league then I am all for it.

I think you will also be very surprised how close I am with those figures I posted previously.

But as you said, enough is enough.

My Tips for Round 2

Anakie comfortably against Winch.
Werribee far to good for an Inverleigh side which will struggle all season.
Thomson to take it up to the Bell Post Hill at home but the Panthers will be too hungry.
North Geelong wont be able to handle Corios midfield.
Bannockburn by 80 + against a hapless Geelong West.
Belmont to push East until 3/4 time then East Geelong to kick home in the last.

spider36, I'm well aware of all the nonsense (he said, she said) regarding player payments and what not, I was just making a very educated and informed point that Corio have spent alot of money in recent seasons (apart from their 2 year hiatus, when O'Toole & Co. were at Newcomb) but have very little to show for it.

I don't begrudge them for it, if they have the money and can attract players which strengthens our league then I am all for it.

I think you will also be very surprised how close I am with those figures I posted previously.

But as you said, enough is enough.

My Tips for Round 2

Anakie comfortably against Winch.
Werribee far to good for an Inverleigh side which will struggle all season.
Thomson to take it up to the Bell Post Hill at home but the Panthers will be too hungry.
North Geelong wont be able to handle Corios midfield.
Bannockburn by 80 + against a hapless Geelong West.
Belmont to push East until 3/4 time then East Geelong to kick home in the last.

My tips would be:

Winch too strong for Anakie who other than GWSC i cant see beating any1
Inver to get their 1st win of the season against Werribee
BPH to just beat Thomson
Corio too good for North
Bannock by + 100 against GWSC
East to thrash Belmont

Dnt know why everyone is writing of Inver so early, like Corio we had a lot of senior players out last wk and will hit top form in the coming wks

Anarchy you talk a lot of dribble are you a 19 year old no good two's player...u carry on like it...Go winch, they'll get up satdy i'd reckon

My tips would be:

BPH to just beat Thomson
Corio too good for North
East to thrash Belmont

Dnt know why everyone is writing of Inver so early, like Corio we had a lot of senior players out last wk and will hit top form in the coming wks

My tips:
Anakie by a couple of goals
Inverleigh to kick start there year by 5 goals
Thomson. Just
Corio comfortably
Banno to boost there percenge.
East with ease

My tips would be:

BPH to just beat Thomson
Corio too good for North
East to thrash Belmont

Winch just
Werribee 1-2 goals
Bph 2-3 goals
Corio 4 goals
Bannoc 10-15 goals
East 1-2 goals
i think its to hard to choose this week any team could win thats why i only have small margains, except west only cause there got bannoc this week and there at top3 side.

Winch just
Werribee 1-2 goals
Bph 2-3 goals
Corio 4 goals
Bannoc 10-15 goals
East 1-2 goals
i think its to hard to choose this week any team could win thats why i only have small margains, except west only cause there got bannoc this week and there at top3 side.

would have to agree with your tips and margins DEVILS, however i think east will win by around 6 to 7 goals. Knowing the calibre of footballer ryan closter is, could he possibly kick 80+ goals from onball/fwd flank for east this year? huge effort but very capable if stays away from the medical room. best player in league by a long shot in my opinion. Not sure who'd come close really? anyone??

would have to agree with your tips and margins DEVILS, however i think east will win by around 6 to 7 goals. Knowing the calibre of footballer ryan closter is, could he possibly kick 80+ goals from onball/fwd flank for east this year? huge effort but very capable if stays away from the medical room. best player in league by a long shot in my opinion. Not sure who'd come close really? anyone??
its hard this early of the year clubs still trying to organise list and theres a few new players around that we all dont know about, i think by rd 6or7 we should have a better idea .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had to edit your very witty comeback did you...couldn't get it right the first time???

Well I go one better this time shall I?

Sorry for voicing my opinion King of Cool. Didn't realise this joint was a Winch love in.

My god you're were such a good looking hillbilly bunch out at Hopkins St:

cletus.jpg

didnt get as many back this week as hoped could be very interesting sat especially with the way nth beat inverlie and obviously how we went against bannoc, but we all know how much corio and nth hate each other on the field but there is probably no two better sides in geelong that have a beer after a game than us(nth have probably sold more reverse draw tickets to us than there own members i know cause i think i brought half of them the other day lol). hopefully devils are 1&1 after saturday and 2 and zip in the reserves only time will tell. good luck to everyone on the weekend.

What a CORKER of a post! :eek:

In for a lesson!!
We were super competitive with Thomson (the reigning premiers) until half-time last match in the Seniors and our 2's only lost because of 2 goals in the last 5 minutes of play.

Anakie to come away with the chocolates in both grades, Winchelsea to resume the wooden spoon race with the easy beats of the competition, Blue West.
Didn't Thomson have a wedding or something where alot of players were away?
Enjoy your chocolates mate while you're sitting over the other side of the fence! Hows about I make you some chocolates and than I can shove the spoon up ur @ss!

Sorry mate but you have no idea potter is contracted too corio he aint going anywhere, also new recruit to the devils in the cmon weeks absolute gun big chance to win league b&f. How would you know about respect to players at corio, if jed shouldve won b&f what about nicholls, stewart, clifford or fergi they all had great years too, all the players including otoole and potter wouldve been deserving winners. Our days of winning are only getting better every week with 5 in this week and another 6 or 7 over the cmon weeks, with everyone in we are more than capable. With the twos being strong aswell we will be right up there in both.

Hey Devils is the gun recruit you guys have picked up is he ex AFL player from Richmond

Didn't Thomson have a wedding or something where alot of players were away?
Enjoy your chocolates mate while you're sitting over the other side of the fence! Hows about I make you some chocolates and than I can shove the spoon up ur @ss!

I'll make sure we win the 12 o'clock game, wouldn't be too hard against Winch. Although they will have 36 heads on the ground at once, might ask for a head count :D

Think the wedding was more to do with the reserves than the seniors, not entirely sure though.

I'll make sure we win the 12 o'clock game, wouldn't be too hard against Winch. Although they will have 36 heads on the ground at once, might ask for a head count :D

Think the wedding was more to do with the reserves than the seniors, not entirely sure though.

I'll be having a look at the twos game this week. What number are you for Anakie? Good to have a look and see how you go.

Well I go one better this time shall I?

Sorry for voicing my opinion King of Cool. Didn't realise this joint was a Winch love in.

My god you're were such a good looking hillbilly bunch out at Hopkins St:

cletus.jpg

Thats not funny and I do not play for Winch...maybe you should go play there and you might get a ones game

I also heard this news regarding your new recruit Devils, you sure it isn't true?

As I've said previously, word travels fast out this side of town ;)

can you stop trying to make out you know every single thing that is going on in the GDFL, all you are doing is embarassing yourself.

also in a previous post i saw you said inver were going to struggle all season. what do you base this on, one game? i personally think we are sitting in a much better position then you currently and think you should stop taking pot shots at other clubs. maybe just focus on the happenings at fairy park for a couple of wks and try to get a win on the board.

would also be interested to hear your number, in anticipation of our round 9 clash

can you stop trying to make out you know every single thing that is going on in the GDFL, all you are doing is embarassing yourself.

also in a previous post i saw you said inver were going to struggle all season. what do you base this on, one game? i personally think we are sitting in a much better position then you currently and think you should stop taking pot shots at other clubs. maybe just focus on the happenings at fairy park for a couple of wks and try to get a win on the board.

would also be interested to hear your number, in anticipation of our round 9 clash

I base it on the fact you were no good last year and if anything you have lost players from that list of '08.

I'm not claiming to know everything in the GDFL, I just post what I hear, this is an open forum after all.

As for my number.... why would I give away all my secrets ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back