GDFL Geelong and District Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

What the hell has gone wrong with Belmont?

Nothing worse in a competition when the reigning premiers are getting their arses spanked the following year, especially a club who had never experienced any success previously.

What the hell has gone wrong with Belmont?

Nothing worse in a competition when the reigning premiers are getting their arses spanked the following year, especially a club who had never experienced any success previously.
Yes the Lions are in big trouble, and have been thrashed a couple of times this year. I can only see them finishing ahead of Winch and West the way they are playing at the moment.

Bannockburn and Inverleigh will be a very good game next weekend, but the game between East and Bannock this weekend may be a preview of some finals action later in the year, as both teams will certainly be there at the pointy end of the year.

What ya mean Belmont ? and who are spanking them

aujarra I dont want to single you out because the banter between you and the thomson guys is giving me the sh!ts and Id rather talk about football but do you actually think about things before you reply to posts or are you just taking the piss out of everyone? I struggle to believe you really are this Joel Jaremenko and think you may be setting him up because the team you supposedly play for now was one of the teams that spanked Belmont on the weekend just gone.

Surely someone from North Geelong can clarify if it is Jaremenko posting on bigfooty. If it is have a word to him because theres plenty of ammo being fed to opposition clubs and players at the moment. With the good kids North have they dont need this. If its not Jaremenko come out and say so before the guy cops a flogging.

was at the Belmont v North game on satday and to be honest Belmont never looked like winning. incredible considering North aren't really that good and are so young and inexperienced. Remember Belmont are still missing/lost a few big names from last season.. it wasn't as if Belmont were the premier team last year either they only just made the finals and made one major effort and got the flag.. one thing is sure its bloody open this year

was at the Belmont v North game on satday and to be honest Belmont never looked like winning. incredible considering North aren't really that good and are so young and inexperienced. Remember Belmont are still missing/lost a few big names from last season.. it wasn't as if Belmont were the premier team last year either they only just made the finals and made one major effort and got the flag.. one thing is sure its bloody open this year
Bourkey dont know which league you followed last year but Belmont finished a game clear on top after losing only 3 games in the home and away. The only team they didn't beat was Thomson.

Belmont people dont expect me to support you again after you snuck off with the cup when with a minute or so to go I thought we had it. Still smarting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

aujarra I dont want to single you out because the banter between you and the thomson guys is giving me the sh!ts and Id rather talk about football but do you actually think about things before you reply to posts or are you just taking the piss out of everyone? I struggle to believe you really are this Joel Jaremenko and think you may be setting him up because the team you supposedly play for now was one of the teams that spanked Belmont on the weekend just gone.

Surely someone from North Geelong can clarify if it is Jaremenko posting on bigfooty. If it is have a word to him because theres plenty of ammo being fed to opposition clubs and players at the moment. With the good kids North have they dont need this. If its not Jaremenko come out and say so before the guy cops a flogging.

ok your right its not Joel Jaremenko i just despise the kid as in 2007 he stole the best and fairest off me and the kid has a littlebit of talent, thing is i think he is better than his own good and i despise his whole family in Kyle his younger brother and Big jarra down @ the club now training sorry to all but i wanted to set this kid up jole hasnt even got a clearence over to north yet so for me to say that "he" was playing there was a lie im sure he left for reasons @ thomson but in the time i think alot of people are hurt due to him leaving my real name is Scott Macentire i went to school with him as well and played juniors against him for Leopold back in the days.

Sorry to all thomson people i have offended under as Mr Joel Jaremenko aujarra

i read an article in yesterdays geelong addy which suggested the idea of joining the three leagues (gfl,bfl, gdfl) and using a divisioning system. Like the english premier league.. now im no fan of soccer but i rekon it would be a good idea to see all the big mouth clubs play against gfl teams and see how good the really are.. anyone else wanna way into this debate.

i read an article in yesterdays geelong addy which suggested the idea of joining the three leagues (gfl,bfl, gdfl) and using a divisioning system. Like the english premier league.. now im no fan of soccer but i rekon it would be a good idea to see all the big mouth clubs play against gfl teams and see how good the really are.. anyone else wanna way into this debate.
there is a thread dedicated to this topic mate. maybe you should check it out.

In relation to 3 divisions, I think the GDFL needs to get off their backside and organise interleague footy first.
What a thrill for some of the young talent in this league (Hutchinson, Hickleton, Mcleod's, Morland etc) to be training and playing with the likes of Nicholls, O'Toole, Stewart, Fastuca, Harriot, Wallace, Grgic?

Before the league worries about outside going's on, it needs to address it's own problems.

im also looking forward to the game again bannockburn and inverleigh...it will be interesting to see how Zach Hichleton goes against his old team.. from what i hear he'll be getting alot of attention... no surprises there

Bourkey dont know which league you followed last year but Belmont finished a game clear on top after losing only 3 games in the home and away. The only team they didn't beat was Thomson.

Belmont people dont expect me to support you again after you snuck off with the cup when with a minute or so to go I thought we had it. Still smarting.

Very nice of you, Drago. Can't quite understand how we stole it, though.
You never had it. I will agree with you things did look grim for us with a couple of minutes left.
But that was last year and things aren't going quite as smoothly at the Den this year. As pointed out in an earlier post, we have lost some big names, but we have also lost a few of the blokes that got under peoples guard. Still, I'm not here to make any excuses, there is a long way to go.
On the upside, we have finally managed to get an U/18 side back on the park, and I sat behind the bar with great pride last saturday, watching 2 of them make their senior debut, something we haven't been able to say for 7 years.

In relation to 3 divisions, I think the GDFL needs to get off their backside and organise interleague footy first.
What a thrill for some of the young talent in this league (Hutchinson, Hickleton, Mcleod's, Morland etc) to be training and playing with the likes of Nicholls, O'Toole, Stewart, Fastuca, Harriot, Wallace, Grgic?

Before the league worries about outside going's on, it needs to address it's own problems.

Not really sure Fastuca and Harriot would be selected in such a team. The competitions standard has lifted so these two are no longer big fish in little ponds.

I know for a fact that the GDFL requested games with at least 4 leagues and asked the VCFL as well but with no luck. You can only try and play

Can anyone confirm that the league has advised Nathan Lewis that he has been de-registered and in so doing has ended his career.

I understand it relates to his most recent suspension and that he has exceeded the 16 week suspension rule.

Can anyone confirm that the league has advised Nathan Lewis that he has been de-registered and in so doing has ended his career.

I understand it relates to his most recent suspension and that he has exceeded the 16 week suspension rule.

Think he's been told unofficially

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back