GDFL Geelong and District Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
haha well there ya go! i probably shoulda done a bit more research on that.. i guess all this propaganda that belmont stole the flag last year has gotten to my head;)

FWIW this is my first season following GDFL

r u serious??? harriot is nothing but class, 40 kicks on the weekend!!!

Thats good for him, can you please post the rest of the teams stats on here, I assume you have them next to you. He is a good player, just couldnt see him finding a spot in a GDFL interleague team for 08.

The case with Lewis, would this have come from the same board members that expelled Scobolak from coaching? If so, he has nothing to worry about. Must be the same maveriks calling the shots on the 3 division GFL, or maybe the same people that had GDFL games with 3 central umpires for some games with no boundary umpires, or 2 central and one boundary umpire, consistency not a word used too often in the VCFL/GDFL.

Tips for Sat
Inverliegh to beat poor old Winch
Bannockburn at home over East
Bell Post Hill to beat young North
Werribee to beat Belmont by 6 goals
Corio to beat Anakie
Thomson over West easy

Thats good for him, can you please post the rest of the teams stats on here, I assume you have them next to you. He is a good player, just couldnt see him finding a spot in a GDFL interleague team for 08.

The case with Lewis, would this have come from the same board members that expelled Scobolak from coaching? If so, he has nothing to worry about. Must be the same maveriks calling the shots on the 3 division GFL, or maybe the same people that had GDFL games with 3 central umpires for some games with no boundary umpires, or 2 central and one boundary umpire, consistency not a word used too often in the VCFL/GDFL.

}}}}}}}}}}}}
Sh!t you don't mind given everyone a slap
Skrobolak ban - VCFL via Geelong Coaches Association(Edsall)
3 Divisions - GFL CEO
Umpire cockups (and I agree with you) - Geelong Football Umpires

I think the league are stupid sometimes too but slam em when its their fault.

}}}}}}}}}}}}
Sh!t you don't mind given everyone a slap
Skrobolak ban - VCFL via Geelong Coaches Association(Edsall)
3 Divisions - GFL CEO
Umpire cockups (and I agree with you) - Geelong Football Umpires

I think the league are stupid sometimes too but slam em when its their fault.

thanks for the clarity theknowledge, I assume you have contacts within the GDFL, or maybe you inside the GDFL, can you enlighten us as to where the GDFL finals will be played and why interleague has yet again be scrapped?

thanks for the clarity theknowledge, I assume you have contacts within the GDFL, or maybe you inside the GDFL, can you enlighten us as to where the GDFL finals will be played and why interleague has yet again be scrapped?

GDFL executive still keen to play at St.Albans, but haven't ruled out going to Newcomb

Interleague scrapped due to lack of interest from other leagues... among those approached, Colac, Warrnambool and Kyabram leagues

I believe the GDFL are keen to challenge the team that finishes last in Pool D for a spot in future years

No not inside Face but ears close and flat track bully said what I know, maybe he's inside?

Another rumour building on a post from a week or so back about trouble at Winch. Sources say half the club want to do a runner back to Colac league while the rest want to stay. Fracturing club. Any facts anyone

My gameday predictions are becoming regular so i figure I'll have another go.

Winch V Inv
I agree, poor old winch. I saw them at the east game and they just lack on-field leaders, polish and they are very young. Most would have played two's in there mediocre team last year. Inverleigh wont have it all there way at Winch but they will eventually overpower them. Inv remind me of Belmont last year, they seem to play at the standard they are up against. (Belmont beat blue west by 5 points last year)So this game wont be in the highlight reel - Inver by 70 points.

Bannock V East
Match of the round by far.
Bannock in form, East have found a resemblance of form. At Bannock some teams find the big ground tough but East's is of similar size so this shouldnt matter. Close as they come - East have a few out. Tipping with the heart eagles by a point.! They may even sing the song on the ground;)

North V BPH
North have really surprised me - very competitive in the games they've played. Bad kicking has cost them at least one match. BPH on the other hand have had a solid start and will win by 8 goals.

Werribee V belmont
Werribee led the same match last year at halftime and probably should have won but Belmont steadied. Werribee are stronger and Belmont are really battling. I predict the Centrals to be too good at home by 20 points.

Anakie V Corio
Wow, if Banno East is match of the round, this is by far the most interesting. Fireworks, reasonable footy. To be honest i think Anakie could bounce back at home and win by a goal.

Geelong West V Thomson
I think its going to be the case this year that Geelong West will 'get close' to nearly every team they play. They just dont have the polish to finish off when they go forward. They lack direction and a target down there. They would have a minimum 2 wins if they had a full forward. Bad luck though, Thomson to continue some good form and win by 30points.

Once again the 5 will be shaped this week.
Especially with the Bannock V East and Anakie V Corio games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anakie's ground still not ready to be played on and the game is at Corio

Your right lloyd..
I still think it will be mighty close and in fact there will be more fireworks if it's at Corio. The players love nothing more than showing off with a cheap hit in front of the 'humans' that stand by the shed drinking the Real McCoy and Woodstock cans they brought from home.

Still tipping Anakie by a kick. (A goal that is)

not struggling at all morelond, we just have alot of talented juniors which would even get a game at bph..

Is one of them nathan Kennyon or somethin like that?? He from 18's.. i heard he may have been playin seniors insteed of 18's.. wat number is he??

Another rumour building on a post from a week or so back about trouble at Winch. Sources say half the club want to do a runner back to Colac league while the rest want to stay. Fracturing club. Any facts anyone

i am sorry but i havnt heard anythin about this but that would b the last thing winch need, the boys jst starting 2 get 2 no each other and now some want out, i hope they can sort them selves out

Your right lloyd..
I still think it will be mighty close and in fact there will be more fireworks if it's at Corio. The players love nothing more than showing off with a cheap hit in front of the 'humans' that stand by the shed drinking the Real McCoy and Woodstock cans they brought from home.

Still tipping Anakie by a kick. (A goal that is)

i have to say with our strongest list for the year so far, the boys in red and white will win by more than 10 goals and the 2s have put alot work into tomorrows game and decided they will be keeping anakie goal less

Hmm didnt think would be that big they looked all reved up to go. Looks like we have alot to on track we will get there

anyone watch bph v north ?
what do you think of young chris morelands efforts ?

bph by about 110points. chris moreland kicked 5goals playing up forward for a half. few strong leading marks. scoreline should have been much bigger hadnt it been for some innacurate goalkicking by the hill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back