GDFL Geelong and District Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see Thomson play away to BPH this coming weekend. Should they get over the line, what a great start to the season, beating the two teams below them away from their home ground.

I see Thomson play away to BPH this coming weekend. Should they get over the line, what a great start to the season, beating the two teams below them away from their home ground.

bph have chris hemly and chris moreland back for them just to strenghten up there foward line. Thompson have young gun jacko mclead , but is he that goood ??? any1 have suggestions ?

i thought feldman was playing for corio. i'm obviously wrong. sorry :eek:

Feldman is but he played on ball not centre half forward they have something like 10 senior players out at the moment there in a lot of trouble my sources gave me a list Barry Otoole, Darren Aitken, Michael Mostert, Leigh Clifford, David Holzfiend, Brad Anderson, Ben Duffin, Jed Potter, Andrew Willoiams, Leigh Cervanka, Steve Harris and the list goes on.

Sounds like a few Big Footy lads were at the Devil's playground on Saturday. Come on boys, Belmont were better coached, fitter & more committed than the Dev's. I will concede Barry and Cliff would have made a difference. But to be honest, the Lion's should have won by more.

Sounds like a few Big Footy lads were at the Devil's playground on Saturday. Come on boys, Belmont were better coached, fitter & more committed than the Dev's. I will concede Barry and Cliff would have made a difference. But to be honest, the Lion's should have won by more.

Lion king i applaud your support for Belmont but i get feeling you wont have much to cheer about. Hamii Williams lost a grand final that just shouldnt have been lost. The team they had was a superteam and they were beat by an average Grove. Yes they won the next year but with that side should of won by more. The year after they were beaten by Torquay in the prelim and they clearly had the better team. Last year he played full back all year. So dont expect the world out of him because you will be let down.

No doubt they are a very much improved side but come next time around if the devils dont have the injury list im sorry but belmont will get a real shock, you cannot have 10 out and exspect to beat a full strength side, with the list of injuries west will take it up to them this week maybe beat them let me know how the game goes i will be whatching the grand final prelim thomson and bell post hill winners this week :-

Bannoc to beat north 40 points
bell post to beat thomson 30 points
corio just over west 1 goal
belmont to beat inverliegh 60 points
werribee to beat east 10 points
anakie to beat winch 15 points

Whats your thoughts guys

I'm glad to hear the Lions have started the year off well but lets not get carried away too early. For years and years and years Belmont have been a pathetic excuse for a football Club and as for their shithole of a ground, well that's another story. By the sounds of it Corio were very undermanned so lets judge Belmont's progress when they face the likes of Thomson, bannockburn and Bell Post Hill.

No doubt they are a very much improved side but come next time around if the devils dont have the injury list im sorry but belmont will get a real shock, you cannot have 10 out and exspect to beat a full strength side, with the list of injuries west will take it up to them this week maybe beat them let me know how the game goes i will be whatching the grand final prelim thomson and bell post hill winners this week :-

Bannoc to beat north 40 points
bell post to beat thomson 30 points
corio just over west 1 goal
belmont to beat inverliegh 60 points
werribee to beat east 10 points
anakie to beat winch 15 points

Whats your thoughts guys

Bannoc By 25 points
Bell post hill by 10 points
West by 6 points
Belmont by 20 points
East by 19 points
Winch by 14 points

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lion king i applaud your support for Belmont but i get feeling you wont have much to cheer about. Hamii Williams lost a grand final that just shouldnt have been lost. The team they had was a superteam and they were beat by an average Grove. Yes they won the next year but with that side should of won by more. The year after they were beaten by Torquay in the prelim and they clearly had the better team. Last year he played full back all year. So dont expect the world out of him because you will be let down.

I have to agree with you on the losing of the grand final he should have won, that is true. I can guarentee you noone knows that more than Haami and it still irks him but you must move on i guess and he learnt from that and produced the premiership the next season.

And you say they should have won by more, well what is 5 goals not enough does it really matter how much you win a premiership by as long as you win it. They did not lose a game all year that season not a bad effort.

The following year yes they lost to Torquay in the Prelim but they were ravaged by injuries that season and it really cost them at the business end of the year.

And to say you will be let down if you expect the world of him, i dont think Lion fans are expecting the world of him just improvement and hopefully a finals birth, i dont think that is to much to ask, and i dont think they will be let down at all.

I have to agree with you on the losing of the grand final he should have won, that is true. I can guarentee you noone knows that more than Haami and it still irks him but you must move on i guess and he learnt from that and produced the premiership the next season.

And you say they should have won by more, well what is 5 goals not enough does it really matter how much you win a premiership by as long as you win it. They did not lose a game all year that season not a bad effort.

The following year yes they lost to Torquay in the Prelim but they were ravaged by injuries that season and it really cost them at the business end of the year.

And to say you will be let down if you expect the world of him, i dont think Lion fans are expecting the world of him just improvement and hopefully a finals birth, i dont think that is to much to ask, and i dont think they will be let down at all.
Sounds like some excellent sledging ammunisition for teams playing Haami this year.

I think you are getting last year Prelim mixed up with the year before. They were at Full strength the year before apart from Hammi who didnt play but eaither did torquay coach.

I think you are getting last year Prelim mixed up with the year before. They were at Full strength the year before apart from Hammi who didnt play but eaither did torquay coach.

Last year Ammos were only really missing Lindsay Smith in the Prelim.

The year before they did have a few injuries but also a number of players that played were either under done or playing injured. BUt thats in the past now.

Ask yourselves this question... Would we like him to lead our club?
I think there would be plenty of clubs GFL/BFL/GDFL who would say yes.
He's ours for 3 years. Great leader, great bloke & great footballer. A spot in the 5 in his first year would be an amazing result. Didn't see many have the Lion's in there top 5 a week ago. The bullshits over fella's, every week will sort the wheat from the chaff.:)

He's ours for 3 years. Great leader, great bloke & great footballer. A spot in the 5 in his first year would be an amazing result. Didn't see many have the Lion's in there top 5 a week ago. The bullshits over fella's, every week will sort the wheat from the chaff.:)

Well i would suggest Belmont are chuff. Personally i think we have a better coach at east but that is subject to personal oppinion.

YOU WILL NOT MAKE FINALS THIS YEAR.

Have to agree with you about Haami there.

I can't believe Rod Dubbledam is still playing. He is a freak. Had the privilage of playing with him back in the 90's and he is the sort of bloke who sets the example to everyone with how he trains and plays. He is 42 what an effort. It seems you have quite a few youngsters playing for you, they could learn a lot off him.

As the saying goes "One swallow doesn't make a summer". So Belmont defeated an understrength Corio. They will probably follow this up by beating Inverleigh. Lets see where they are at after rnd 7.
How old is Haami? 3 years is a long time for a bloke of his vintage isn't it?

Have to agree with you about Haami there.

I can't believe Rod Dubbledam is still playing. He is a freak. Had the privilage of playing with him back in the 90's and he is the sort of bloke who sets the example to everyone with how he trains and plays. He is 42 what an effort. It seems you have quite a few youngsters playing for you, they could learn a lot off him.
And the scary thing is he actually looks a hell of lot older than 42. Are you sure he is not older?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back