GDFL Geelong and District Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rumour has it, that Berg, who was on the verge of signing at BPH, has been offered around the $260/game mark to remain with Ankie.
I have never seen the young lad play, but my information suggests that the leagues most dominant player, J Fastuca, was on a similar amount prior to becoming Ass Coach.
I would not have thought he was of the same stature. Anyone?

How could you think Fastuca could be on as little as $260 a game? A player of his standard, a proven performer, with a style very much suited to the GDFL, only be worth about $5000 a season if he played every game... think again. Jason Fastuca would be on twice that, if not more! Just think of what Haami & Stroba would be on this year.. Both good players, but will their game suit the GDFL like Jason's proven game does? I'd have Fastuca or a young Tim Gardner at any price!

Werribee have plenty of young talent that can run, that was the most noticeable thing to come out of the game. They definitely lack quality key position players both in attack and defence....They could with some luck scrape into the top 5 but more likely will finish just outside the top 5.

East played with loads of enthusiasm and as a team, something we haven't seen from this club for a while. Once the game was over they stayed out on the ground in the rain and ran laps. They will be ok this year. I'm pretty sure they will play finals this year.

Why did they run laps? It is good to see them playing as a team, i look forward to going out to inverliegh to watch there first game.
Anything different in the style of the way East and Centrals played ? Because they both have new coaches.

Why did they run laps? It is good to see them playing as a team, i look forward to going out to inverliegh to watch there first game.
Anything different in the style of the way East and Centrals played ? Because they both have new coaches.
Saw the 1st half only but if East had of kicked straight it would have had a very handy lead.
O'Leary took a half dozen grabs in the first but didn't convert and they wasted a heap more. (Good to see him play a game after a couple of years out)
Both looked similar sides with a lot of small runners and a couple of big key position players.

Saw the 1st half only but if East had of kicked straight it would have had a very handy lead.
O'Leary took a half dozen grabs in the first but didn't convert and they wasted a heap more. (Good to see him play a game after a couple of years out)
Both looked similar sides with a lot of small runners and a couple of big key position players.

Fantastic that he is back playing again hopefully they can get a full year out of him.
How bad is Skrobolaks injury? Can we expect him to line up next week?
How did sinclair go?

It was more like laps of the centre square. I think it was a cool down.

How could you think Fastuca could be on as little as $260 a game? A player of his standard, a proven performer, with a style very much suited to the GDFL, only be worth about $5000 a season if he played every game... think again. Jason Fastuca would be on twice that, if not more! Just think of what Haami & Stroba would be on this year.. Both good players, but will their game suit the GDFL like Jason's proven game does? I'd have Fastuca or a young Tim Gardner at any price!

i see on gdfl sight berg to anakie and clifford to corio a couple of big movers, very good players both of them

From what ive heard fastuca has only been on around the 200 mark for the past 3 or 4 seasons, maybe he ask for more. i agree with you lion he would be worth double that he has been a proven performer in the league, berg might be good but i think he should put some runs on the board first. any one out chasing fastuca should maybe throw the cheaque book at him, but if my info is right he doesnt play for money.

How is Former Camperdown coach Torin Baker going this year?

Wrong league thread (he plays GFL) but he has been consistant in practice matches so far. Jeremy Larcombe has been playing relatively well for Grovedale, which he has been playing in the backline. Havent heard much about Russell Whiteford though...

Lets get some predictions for the round 1 games.
Who will win and by how much?

bell post hill will win by a staggering 125points over geelong west cheetahs

bannockburn and thompson will be a good game but i reckn thompson by 11 points

i acually think belmont lions will beat corio, haami williams the gun recruit for the lions should dominate and lift his side to victory. lions by 7

east geelong should smash inverleugh and should get up by 60 odd points

well im not to sure about this game but i think werribee will win by 20 or so points

and finally i think north will flog winch by at least 40 points

Lets get some predictions for the round 1 games.
Who will win and by how much?

good to have footy back after long wait

Bell post by plenty over G west 100+
Banno to upset thomson by 18 points
Corio by 30 over Belmont
East to smack Inverleigh
Centrals should still beat the likes of Anakie by 20 odd points
Nth to beat winch by 9 goals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

good to have footy back after long wait

Bell post by plenty over G west 100+
Banno to upset thomson by 18 points
Corio by 30 over Belmont
East to smack Inverleigh
Centrals should still beat the likes of Anakie by 20 odd points
Nth to beat winch by 9 goals.

It is great to see the season finally start

Bell post hill by 80+ point
Thompson by24 points
Corio by 7 points
East Geelong by 40 points
Centrals by 19 points
North Geelong by 70 points

Good luck to all teams

GET HOME – RELAX & DO NOT FORGET TO TUNE INTO……..

ESSENDON DISTRICT KNOWS FOOTBALL

7:30pm – 8:30pm on Channel 31. (visit ‘www.c31.org.au for tuning in details)

Matthew pillios CAMERON TREWIN KEVIN ‘KD’ DONNELLY

· GREAT MATCH FOOTAGE of last weekends matches

· Interviews with Brad Lloyd (brother of Matthew) and E.D.F.L President Ian Price.

· BIG PREVIEW OF UPCOMING GAMES

· And much more………..

It is great to see the season finally start

Bell post hill by 80+ point
Thompson by24 points
Corio by 7 points
East Geelong by 40 points
Centrals by 19 points
North Geelong by 70 points

Good luck to all teams

bph -150 points
bannoc- 20 points
corio- 10 points
east - 70 points
centrals- 20 points
north- less than a goal

Like I told you Lion, Whipper has backed me in stating that Fastuca is/was on around that amount. The impression I get from this league is, that it is very financial, but that doesn't represent the status of the clubs in it.
The other two you mentioned are actual coaches of their respective clubs, so you would expect them to be on a fair bit more.
Agree with you though, would have Fastuca in any team.

Like I told you Lion, Whipper has backed me in stating that Fastuca is/was on around that amount. The impression I get from this league is, that it is very financial, but that doesn't represent the status of the clubs in it.
The other two you mentioned are actual coaches of their respective clubs, so you would expect them to be on a fair bit more.
Agree with you though, would have Fastuca in any team.

Fastuca is a gun but surely no one in our comp should be paid more than 250 - 300 if we head over that mark it will ruin an already one sided league, which always has the same teams in the finals. Coaches should be paid more of course but 500 a game and so on for gdfl game ,like people have been mentioning in other posts that he should be on, is an sbsolute joke. Dont forget the standard of comp we play in!!!!

Blokes playing for the club and the love of the game, a beer with your mates and the bloke you played on... I'd like to see that! Money's killing community footy. Good luck to all on the weekend, Lion's by plenty over the Devils. John Tate to kick a big bag full... Roar

Skroba avoids jail this time, copped a fine, court costs, and an intensive corrections order, which includes drug and alcohol counselling.

Very, very lucky considering his criminal record if you ask me.

Skroba avoids jail this time, copped a fine, court costs, and an intensive corrections order, which includes drug and alcohol counselling.
does this mean skroba will be wearing this to the games:

Betty-ford-clinic11.jpg

seriously good on him i say. you would hate to see someone go to jail for something like that.

Good to see the footy is upoun us and good to see we are talking footy and not all this crap. I notice a few have picked Belmont over Corio, I would have thought Corio might be a bit to strong for Belmont. Corio have picked up cliffy from North Shore and I see he named in the FP, pretty handy FP.

You're a w a n k e r G.F.C the punishment was fair enough. Jail time for this past convictions would be a joke. The bloke who killed David Hookes didn't even do jail time. You can't be for real, he's not " Very, very lucky" he got what he deserved.

quite interesting some of the weekend's results. Belmont? though that was a major result, especially at Corio. Nth going down. Never write off Thomson as they accounted easily for last years runner up. Centrals over a highly recruited Ankie was a little bit of a shock. The rest as expected.

quite interesting some of the weekend's results. Belmont? though that was a major result, especially at Corio. Nth going down. Never write off Thomson as they accounted easily for last years runner up. Centrals over a highly recruited Ankie was a little bit of a shock. The rest as expected.

hill smashed geelong west but it was a close game until half time just ran out of legs the cheetahs did in the last half

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back