GDFL Geelong and District Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
David "MAGIC" Popovski" is a gun of a player, had trouble playin on him.He has an uncanny knack to find the footy he'd averarge 30 touches a game

David "MAGIC" Popovski" is a gun of a player, had trouble playin on him.He has an uncanny knack to find the footy he'd averarge 30 touches a game

I have seen him play a few times and he seems a consistent footballer but I wouldnt say a gun yet. Also i think that the Thomson Tigers are still one of the teams to beat an early loss wouldnt hurt them all that much!

i would have to say nathan lewis would be the dirtiest player in the league ?? does any1 disagree wif me or not ?? barry o'toole is dirty but respects good players in that manner.BPH to beat north by a healthy 35+ pointseast to beat winch in which should be match of the day... east by 10 points in a close 1 thompson to bounce back and thump corio by 60+ pointsinverleigh will smash the cheetahs, and might i add that young dean muir who has only played a hand full of games has earned a total of $500 in 2 games. The kid has alot of telant and its only the start of the juniors with jacko "the kid" mcleod destroying both BPH and banno's defence. Belmont to beat werribee by 20 points

I have seen him play a few times and he seems a consistent footballer but I wouldnt say a gun yet. Also i think that the Thomson Tigers are still one of the teams to beat an early loss wouldnt hurt them all that much!
i thought you said in earlier post that you didn't know any of bph's defence :confused:

i thought you said in earlier post that you didn't know any of bph's defence :confused:

My apolgies Kooley i am referring to past seasons in watching the likes of Hammond, Popovski and Kozina play some good footy in the backline. What I was getting at was there seemed a few new faces in their defence and even forward line on the weekend just wondering who they are and how they go!

Did you watch east vs Centrals Kooley?
I think they are a good side but at the same time werribee are not much.

Where do you think they will beat bannok? I hope they do

east looked awesome against centrals. they are strong all over the ground. i can't see bannockburn getting anywhere near them. if the big guy at full forward is being held they have about 3-4 other forwards who are just as dangerous.

east will destroy bannockburn.

Kooley, How can you rate East? Who have they beaten? Inverleigh & Centrals... Belmont beat Inverleigh by 100 points last week and everyone said we've played nobodys.. Does that mean that if the Lions beat Centrals by more than 15 goals they're going better than East? East only beat the Hawk's by 7 goals.. People at Inverleigh told me on the weekend that we'd smash East... and they should know, they've been cleaned up 2 weeks in a row! :rolleyes:

Kooley, How can you rate East? Who have they beaten? Inverleigh & Centrals... Belmont beat Inverleigh by 100 points last week and everyone said we've played nobodys.. Does that mean that if the Lions beat Centrals by more than 15 goals they're going better than East? East only beat the Hawk's by 7 goals.. People at Inverleigh told me on the weekend that we'd smash East... and they should know, they've been cleaned up 2 weeks in a row! :rolleyes:
we will just have to wait and see. centrals played well the week before against anakie who i thought were reasonable and i thought they would be fairly competitive against east and possibly beat them. east were a very physically strong team with outstanding skills. the only area that could be a concern is that they lack some genuine leg speed in the guts...in saying that they belted centrals in the clearances in the middle. the coach said they still have still 2 very good players to come back into that team.

Lion king i am interested to know how many new players have come into belmont's line up other than williams and tate. surely these two players alone couldn't catapult them into finals contenders.

Not many new boys at the Den this year Kooley.. Just the next step after putting young Bagga Edwards and Scotty Pickett in charge for the past 2 years. The plan was to essemble a group of young kids who wanted to play for each other.. Next step was to get them a leader/mentor like Haami Williams. It was interesting to see Bagga has played in Grovedale's 2's the past couple of weeks.. Him leaving has been the only glitch in the plan!

Not many new boys at the Den this year Kooley.. Just the next step after putting young Bagga Edwards and Scotty Pickett in charge for the past 2 years. The plan was to essemble a group of young kids who wanted to play for each other.. Next step was to get them a leader/mentor like Haami Williams. It was interesting to see Bagga has played in Grovedale's 2's the past couple of weeks.. Him leaving has been the only glitch in the plan!
maybe you could entice him back.

Lion King i would suggest comparing margins is not a good idea. For one East played inverleigh in round 1 , it was wet and windy. On sat it was a perfect day for footy and from what i hear the ground was superb.Plus East kicked 14 . 17 against inverleigh

Like Kooley said if skrobalak is held they have plenty of other like Oleary, Coy the other coy , o hara and some guy they got from Bolac.
I will be at this weekends game against Winch and look forward to seeing how they perform.

Kooley what were there ruckman like? i heard they were fantastic.

Lion King i would suggest comparing margins is not a good idea. For one East played inverleigh in round 1 , it was wet and windy. On sat it was a perfect day for footy and from what i hear the ground was superb.Plus East kicked 14 . 17 against inverleigh

Like Kooley said if skrobalak is held they have plenty of other like Oleary, Coy the other coy , o hara and some guy they got from Bolac.
I will be at this weekends game against Winch and look forward to seeing how they perform.

Kooley what were there ruckman like? i heard they were fantastic.
i think their dominant ruckman was sinclair who was outstanding around the ground. he took at least 15 marks. they had another 197cm ruckman who was an excellent tap ruckman. they rotated on and off the bench. their ruck division is a real strength and will rival thomson's ruck duo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I look forward to this weeks game.
One of those player out must of been Will Ainsworth who is very quick but not sure who the other player was out.

There is a real excitement about the club this year and everyone is over joyed with the fast paced style the boy guy has brought with him.
Did you listen to the big guy speak to his players?
Kooley i like your honesty as you seemed decided that east would be NO good this season.

I look forward to this weeks game.
One of those player out must of been Will Ainsworth who is very quick but not sure who the other player was out.

There is a real excitement about the club this year and everyone is over joyed with the fast paced style the boy guy has brought with him.
Did you listen to the big guy speak to his players?
Kooley i like your honesty as you seemed decided that east would be NO good this season.
i didn't get a chance to listen to him speak or address his players but their is little doubt east play for eachother and the playing group is extremely disciplined.....i like watching good sides play top footy and east will take a some stopping this year if skrobolak stays on the park. even though they have some other options up forward skrobolak is the main target and it will take a quality defender each week to curb his influence.

I am the same love watching a good side that plays exciting.
How did O leary look? Its great to see him back, he has kicked 4 and 5 goals. Looking forward to seeing coy who kicked 7 not sure if it was the assistant coach or his brother.

I see centrals have Belmont this week, will be a good tester for both clubs. Would like to see Centrals win because Lion King is getting way to far ahead of himself.

I am the same love watching a good side that plays exciting.
How did O leary look? Its great to see him back, he has kicked 4 and 5 goals. Looking forward to seeing coy who kicked 7 not sure if it was the assistant coach or his brother.

I see centrals have Belmont this week, will be a good tester for both clubs. Would like to see Centrals win because Lion King is getting way to far ahead of himself.
o'leary looks like he has trimmed down a bit. he looked dangerous without dominating. he didn't need to. he is such a good kick he only needs about 10 touches to kick his 3 or 4 a week. i think it was josh coy who played up forward. he is only small but he was handful. i can't see him doing that every week as centrals defence was undermanned. he is a classic small froward and will cause some headaches this year. i was impressed with no.5 at chf. he moved very well and he will enjoy st.albans in august.

i'm sure centrals will bounce back and be more competive against belmont on saturday. it's always difficult for young players to butter up after a first up win (against anakie). hopefully they will rebound this week. it wouldn't surprise me to see centrals win this one. potentially they have good forward line and they might find more opportunities than they did against east.

Fair point Lion King but that old fart Dubbledam got a game for Belmont! I hope for Belmonts sake that was a charity game because if he's in your best 21 you're not the real deal. I see Scott Pickett lining up on the wing, the boy can't kick to save himself. Although East didn't play very well against Inverleigh they were pretty impressive against a full strength Centrals. An inverleigh drunk probably said you'd smash East because this certainly won't be happening any time soon!

o'leary looks like he has trimmed down a bit. he looked dangerous without dominating. he didn't need to. he is such a good kick he only needs about 10 touches to kick his 3 or 4 a week. i think it was josh coy who played up forward. he is only small but he was handful. i can't see him doing that every week as centrals defence was undermanned. he is a classic small froward and will cause some headaches this year. i was impressed with no.5 at chf. he moved very well and he will enjoy st.albans in august.

i'm sure centrals will bounce back and be more competive against belmont on saturday. it's always difficult for young players to butter up after a first up win (against anakie). hopefully they will rebound this week. it wouldn't surprise me to see centrals win this one. potentially they have good forward line and they might find more opportunities than they did against east.

Dont get too carried away with early season form.

East won 4 of the first 5 last year, lost the other 1 to bannock by under 20 points and didnt fire a shot after that.

They have got off to a good start but lets see how they go when they play someone.

the geelong is s.h.i.t why dont u's play in a real league the ballarat football league.actually you guys couldnt handle it to be honest

the geelong is s.h.i.t why dont u's play in a real league the ballarat football league.actually you guys couldnt handle it to be honest
loser.jpg

Dont get too carried away with early season form.

East won 4 of the first 5 last year, lost the other 1 to bannock by under 20 points and didnt fire a shot after that.

They have got off to a good start but lets see how they go when they play someone.
fair point drago but this is a vastly different outfit than the one that took the field for east last year.....i'd be really surprised if east don't at least play off in a preliminary final this year.

I guess the reason is that we are in GEELONG.

If I was in Ballarat I probably still wouldn't play in the Ballarat League, my preference would be the Central Highlands rather than a league that is made up of 4 sides from Ballarat 2 from Bacchus Marsh and 3 from Melton/Sunbury. Thats like including 2 sides from Warnambool and 2 from Melbourne in a league and calling it the Geelong Fotball League, you ****er.

I guess the reason is that we are in GEELONG.

If I was in Ballarat I probably still wouldn't play in the Ballarat League, my preference would be the Central Highlands rather than a league that is made up of 4 sides from Ballarat 2 from Bacchus Marsh and 3 from Melton/Sunbury. Thats like including 2 sides from Warnambool and 2 from Melbourne in a league and calling it the Geelong Fotball League, you ****er.

i'd know u'd play central highlands only way u could get a kick.as a matter of fact all u guys should play central highlands because u's are all a joke and ure's league's a joke

i'd know u'd play central highlands only way u could get a kick.as a matter of fact all u guys should play central highlands because u's are all a joke and ure's league's a joke
Pearls of wisdom from an intellectual giant.

Obviously based on your concise assessment of Geelong football you have first hand experience of all leagues by which you can compare?

You might want to get someone to read what I have written and explain what it means because it may be just beyond your schooling level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back