GDFL Geelong and District Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well from doing a bit of homework from the football geelong site and a asking others you have put down people who have the runs on the board. This is what makes me think you are guessing.

Coy- Leading vote getter in league from torquay and finish top10.
- Top 10 in goals for Torquay 2 years straight.
- R/u B and F and top 5 finish in last 2 years with torquay.
Named in team of the year.
This was in a year his team came r/u and won a premiership.

Skrobalak- Kicked 100 goals to lead goal kicking in league 2006
Kicked 68 goals to lead league goal kicking 2005
top 5 B anf 2005 , R/U 2006
2005 most votes in league from torquay.
Named in Team of the year at FF/ capt 2 years.
Coach torquay to R/U and premiers. Had 3 sides in GF 2 years running.

This is how judgement should be made. No rumours no GUESSING, Just FACTS.

Well from doing a bit of homework from the football geelong site and a asking others you have put down people who have the runs on the board. This is what makes me think you are guessing.

Very impressive homework!!

Are you able to ramble off their statistics in the Ballarat League?

I've always said Skrobolak will be good addition to East but I have my reservations about the hype surrounding Coy.

I thought the issue on these two was dead and buried. What is the facination with them.
If you are going to do any reasearch, why not elaborate further than just the previous two years. Even though Skrobba had been at Jets and Willi, you will find that his efforts between there and Torquay are ordinary, along with Coy's.
Move on tool!

just out of curiosity i was wondering if there is a certain club where the kids on res. at uni tend to play?

I reckon Sam Toulmin is returning to Bannockburn after a stint st St. Joeys due to 'team mate conflict'...

I drove past Werribee Centrals tonight and their numbers have gone from 8 in the first week, 14 in the second and about 18 in the third.

19th man. I am happy to get off this subject but i wont do it with you having the last say.
I have done some homework over night.
Coy: PLayed BFL junior interleague , represented vic country in local footy, won under18 B&F in the league.
Played seniors from 18 onwards. (nateral improvemaent has occured)

Skrobalak: Won a B&F at Bacchus Marsh and a runner up , won 2 goal kicking at Bacchus marsh, Was picked in 5 interleague squads.
Finished top 10 in league B &F .

My mate who is a trainer from Melton South say Skrobalak would be in there team of the century at CHF.

Again these are stats that are not a guess. Do some homework and get back to me. Ask some questions and look at the history.

My beef is with you guys bagging people you have NO idea about and what they have done.

I hope this is the end of subject.

I drove past Werribee Centrals tonight and their numbers have gone from 8 in the first week, 14 in the second and about 18 in the third.
how many of those would have been under 18's? i heard they are makning up 25% of the squad at the moment

19th man. I am happy to get off this subject but i wont do it with you having the last say.
I have done some homework over night.
Coy: PLayed BFL junior interleague , represented vic country in local footy, won under18 B&F in the league.
Played seniors from 18 onwards. (nateral improvemaent has occured)

Skrobalak: Won a B&F at Bacchus Marsh and a runner up , won 2 goal kicking at Bacchus marsh, Was picked in 5 interleague squads.
Finished top 10 in league B &F .

My mate who is a trainer from Melton South say Skrobalak would be in there team of the century at CHF.

Again these are stats that are not a guess. Do some homework and get back to me. Ask some questions and look at the history.

My beef is with you guys bagging people you have NO idea about and what they have done.

I hope this is the end of subject.
Gee you know alot about these two lads. You must know them very very very well.

just out of curiosity i was wondering if there is a certain club where the kids on res. at uni tend to play?

Over the past few years a lot of Uni boys have travelled down the road to Winter Reserve, playing with the Belmont Lions. Played there myself, good bunch of blokes and usually a fair few uni boys.

Dave Holzfiend playing for Corio! He was a handy player for Newcomb last year and will be a great addition to the Devils. Did he play for BPH throughout his juniors?

Also Steve Richart is going back the GDFL playing for Anakie this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Newtown.
I dont know these guys at all. I know a guy who is a trainer at Melton south who is very good friends with MAthew Sproul. I have seen both play on occassions.
I can recall a match where skroboalk kicked 6 from CHF / Ruck at the Bacchus Marsh football ground. i also watched Torquay when they played in the finals including when they played Mathew sprould ocean grove and when torqauy played Barwon heads.

I have affiliation with the two but i know what they have doen from what i have seen and from asking my mate. He knows skrobalak through business.

Dave Holzfiend playing for Corio! He was a handy player for Newcomb last year and will be a great addition to the Devils. Did he play for BPH throughout his juniors?

Also Steve Richart is going back the GDFL playing for Anakie this year.

is that Holzfiend the one that come runners up in league b and f a couple of years ago. if so newcombe wont be happy about losing him very good player theres been alot of talk about coy holzfiend a much better player than him.

is that richart the one that played at corio then st marys if so he didnt do much at st marys i was told he struggled in the 2s

1. Fastuca (WC)
2. Skrobalak (EG)
3. Spengler (GW)
4. Woods (Ban)
5. Bowyer (BPH)

Royce Vardy, Paul Jenkinson, Nath Reid if they play...

Does anyone know much about Shaun O leary?
I heard he is really fit this year and could be back to close to his best.
How good is his best?

1. Fastuca (WC)
2. Skrobalak (EG)
3. Spengler (GW)
4. Woods (Ban)
5. Bowyer (BPH)

Royce Vardy, Paul Jenkinson, Nath Reid if they play...

you are kidding spengler is not even close to top 30 players
and i would put Barry O'toole in top 3 for sure no harder onballer than him and bowyer hasnt done anything in the last 3 to 4 years.

top 5
1. Fastuca (WC)
2. O'toole (CO)
3. Hyland (TH)
4. Hardiman (NTH)
5. Woods (BAN)

I seen o'leary up on the murray.He does look fitter.
East will be happy if he gets back to what he was.

Would he be top 5 at his best?

I seen o'leary up on the murray.He does look fitter.
East will be happy if he gets back to what he was.

Would he be top 5 at his best?
And what was that exactly??

I remember as fat, lazy bludger who kicked a few bags of goals against ordinary opposition. As far as being in the top 5 goes, you're 'dreamin'!!!!

one of there supporters told me he kicked close to 100 or maybe even a ton a few yeays ago.
If he kicked 100 he must be top5 at his best.

And what was that exactly??

I remember as fat, lazy bludger who kicked a few bags of goals against ordinary opposition. As far as being in the top 5 goes, you're 'dreamin'!!!!

i agree with you no where near top 5 but far from the worst player in gdfl and definately way ahead of spengler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back