GDFL Geelong and District Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
skillfull hard young eaglhawk young man on the move from the bfl, has anyone seen he's name as a recruit in this league? i know he's good mate craig mensforth plays for st joepth or something. reply if here about where this kid is at! good pick up as he would also give you hes last $20, even at the pub!

19th man, i can only judge these 2 on what i have seen and heard from the last 2 years.
You may be right the Ballarat league may be strong but i would suggest there may be reasons for this. Coy is young so may have improved as all do with age. Skrobolak may of play CHF or even Ruck and if this is so where did Bacchus Marsh finish that year?

I always like to find out some backround before quoting figures.

19th man, i can only judge these 2 on what i have seen and heard from the last 2 years.
You may be right the Ballarat league may be strong but i would suggest there may be reasons for this. Coy is young so may have improved as all do with age. Skrobolak may of play CHF or even Ruck and if this is so where did Bacchus Marsh finish that year?
I always like to find out some backround before quoting figures.
so what you're a basically saying is that because bacchus marsh finished near the bottom theses two lads probably didn't do much like they did in a strong side in the bellarine....they both sound like front runners to me.

so what you're a basically saying is that because bacchus marsh finished near the bottom theses two lads probably didn't do much like they did in a strong side in the bellarine....they both sound like front runners to me.
Played against them both Scrobba is handy but Coy is an overated little bit of s h i t. Scared and for a little fella who claims to be an onballer has terrible skills.. WILL GET EXPOSED IN A BAD SIDE..

You GFL people truely believe that you are the best comp outside of the AFL, and don't have any respect for the other leagues. It's a good standard, but has teams that are very ordinary. Get off your own high horse, because there are plenty of players in the area who could, have or can't be bothered, playing in the other leagues.
Then which league are you from hero..

Played against them both Scrobba is handy but Coy is an overated little bit of s h i t. Scared and for a little fella who claims to be an onballer has terrible skills.. WILL GET EXPOSED IN A BAD SIDE..
i thought as such.

What i am saying is Skrobolak may of played in the ruck or chb. I would imagine he kicked more than 7 goals anyway. I think 19th man was taking a stab in the dark.

What about injuries? There is a lot of things that may have happended. Eg, suspention, playing injured.
I know a guy who is a trainer at Melton South (works at Werribee RSL) he said he doesnt knwo much about coy but skrobolak was a gun and was asked to play Interlegue most years but never played because of injury.

He also said Perret will be good in the GDFL as he has a booming left foot, but is a little fat.

Reading thru the last few weeks, everyone seems to be slagging these two and the Geelong E f/club quite a bit, what league have you played against them in? Admittedly I have seen very little GDFL footy, but compared to other leagues I have watched a bit of, GFL, BFL, Ballarat and even central highlands, the GDFL seems to have very little depth. 3 -5 quality players in each side 10 or so solid types and the rest ordinary older hasbeens or never weres! Surely after a flag, they wouldnt have taken on the job at East if they didnt think they could (a) play well and (b) give it a real shake for another priemership?

Reading thru the last few weeks, everyone seems to be slagging these two and the Geelong E f/club quite a bit, what league have you played against them in? Admittedly I have seen very little GDFL footy, but compared to other leagues I have watched a bit of, GFL, BFL, Ballarat and even central highlands, the GDFL seems to have very little depth. 3 -5 quality players in each side 10 or so solid types and the rest ordinary older hasbeens or never weres! Surely after a flag, they wouldnt have taken on the job at East if they didnt think they could (a) play well and (b) give it a real shake for another priemership?

It's not a case of slagging, but they join the League with big reputations of dominating, yet I know of better footballers who have their measure.

With all this talk about Scroba & Coy i would say one thing they do have a premership medallion from last year and under circumstances that probably wasn't scroba;s fault had to move on. Watched the BFL GF last year and the standard isn't great but they obviously went well individually as well as a team. I'm sure if they have dropped down another league they should go well again.

Anyway boys lets get off this topic Skroba will kick plenty if it comes down enough and coy who cares good luck to them both at least east have made one big improvement getting rid of that absolute idiot McCurry. One of the biggest dills on the footy field ive ever come across.

Anyway boys lets get off this topic Skroba will kick plenty if it comes down enough and coy who cares good luck to them both at least east have made one big improvement getting rid of that absolute idiot McCurry. One of the biggest dills on the footy field ive ever come across.
agree 100%. he was a total waste of space a crap footballer to boot...what east need is a solid individual who can not only play but can also lead from the front.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well lets get some new topics up here and i will be happy with that.

Is there any new footballers to the distric that could make a difference in 2007?

Well lets get some new topics up here and i will be happy with that.

Is there any new footballers to the distric that could make a difference in 2007?

1. Weve herd heaps about east geelong a bit about bell post hill, werribee, winch and belmont what about all the other clubs?

2 What does everyone think about the 2007 g.d.f.l draw?

1. Weve herd heaps about east geelong a bit about bell post hill, werribee, winch and belmont what about all the other clubs?

2 What does everyone think about the 2007 g.d.f.l draw?
what is the draw, haven't seen it as yet?

what is the draw, haven't seen it as yet?

bph, werribee ,corio ,inverlie ,bannoc, winch all play the first 5 or 6 games at home then the draw goes back to normal until the last 5 or 6 games which it gets reversed so the those teams will play the last 5 or 6 away i dont no if its a good draw or bad one but you need all the money on gate bar and canteen at the end of year so the teams that have good grounds at the start of the season r getting punished i think whats your thoughts

I would put forward that the teams playing home first will have a distinct advantage. This is where the coaches will come into play, if they can come up with good ideas to make there team stay on a high they will set themselves up.

I havent heard much about north Geelong. Who is there coach?

The fixtures are up the s@#t. Werribee plays against themselves in round nine, and twice in round 14. The Hill boy's wont be too happy, having to play Thomson 3 times during the season. Thomson have a couple of home games scheduled down at Werribee, and Belmont play BPH twice within 3 weeks. The faulty list goes on.
Surely the league has not finalised it yet!

The fixtures are up the s@#t. Werribee plays against themselves in round nine, and twice in round 14. The Hill boy's wont be too happy, having to play Thomson 3 times during the season. Thomson have a couple of home games scheduled down at Werribee, and Belmont play BPH twice within 3 weeks. The faulty list goes on.
are all games scheduled for saturdays????

na the one you have seen was an e.g the finalised one has all teams having 8 games at home and 8 away its its virtually you play 5 or 6 at home then one or two away one at home and the rest away and the opposit for the for the teams that play away the first 5 or 6 games

Do you play in the gdfl Kooley?

Just reading back on a few comments you have made, looks like you either know a lot about many players or you guess. I would put forward that you are guessing.

Do you play or are you a interested supporter and if you are a supporter who for?

Do you play in the gdfl Kooley?

Just reading back on a few comments you have made, looks like you either know a lot about many players or you guess. I would put forward that you are guessing.
Do you play or are you a interested supporter and if you are a supporter who for?
what makes you say i'm guessing??:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back