Roast Geelong can't develop young players

Remove this Banner Ad

Im guessing Mullin does some things off the ball or on the GPS numbers because he still looks very deer in the headlights at times to me
Very fast, agile, fit and athletic. Has a few moments each game with surprising polish. But yes, he's understandably raw from where he's come from. Didn't kick a footy in anger until last year.

Im guessing Mullin does some things off the ball or on the GPS numbers because he still looks very deer in the headlights at times to me
He can run and has a decent kick …yea he’s not that flashy and makes mistakes but he’s very new to the game steeping into an elite competition where players have been playing since they could walk

I think he’s doing a remarkable job all things considering

He can run and has a decent kick …yea he’s not that flashy and makes mistakes but he’s very new to the game steeping into an elite competition where players have been playing since they could walk

I think he’s doing a remarkable job all things considering

Agree he looks a prospect but I’d have trouble selecting him ahead of Tuohy/Guthrie in a final

I’m not sure it’s some amazing Geelong system but more the value of having a strong cohort of senior players who know what it takes to be successful at the highest level is incredible at creating an environment where young players know from very early on what is required to succeed at AFL level. That and selecting players who are willing to learn and play a role.

We're basically using him as a run-with player at the moment - makes the most use of his pace and athleticism while 'hiding' his still-improving disposal as much as possible.

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Geelong can't develop young players

Remove this Banner Ad

Back