Review Geelong + Chris Scott make another Prelim at Ports expense

Remove this Banner Ad

Couldn’t be more proud. This club always puts themselves in with a chance. The best thing is the spread of contributors and how many are youngsters.
To be fair though, you couldn’t really pick out a player who had a bad game
So much bloody heart 🥲 what a win! And as they say, you got to peak at the right time of year…

Celebrate In Love GIF by Max

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our best finals win since the last one!

Neale 9 disposals, 9 marks, 2.2. His marking when in the seniors was one of the things that would let him down, but his confidence is clearly growing, and you can see that there is something to work with.

Only downside was the set shot goal kicking, but I can forgive that if they can rack up 40 shots at goal.

Wow. Looking forward to going back and have a look at that.

I see Butters subbed out at 1/2 time for being sore. Did we give him the Lachie Neale 2022 PF treatment?

Comprehensive.

Geelong's youngsters are all optimistic types and don't tend to drop their heads if things don't work out

They're out there enjoying their footy, knowing they can impact the contest and if they don't, they can go again at the next one.

Brilliant.

Port's kick-mark fell apart and Geelong's pressure and groundball game came to the fore.

The only other team I fear left in finals are GWS and maybe the Dogs.

Imagine if we kicked straight. ****ing hell.

Going to be honest.....I went into this game thinking the loss of Stewart was a real blow, and our chances had gone from 40/60 to 20/80.

But what the flying firetruck would I know?

This club has slowly developed a streak of mongrel over the years, a refusal to say die, that has crept in after decades of being susceptible.

I see it now.

I'm so damn lucky to follow this club, and the rewards over the last 17 years have quenched the thirst of the decades before it.

We're a great club, and best of all, it's built on a foundation of honesty, work ethic, culture and teamwork.

WE ARE GEELONG!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Geelong + Chris Scott make another Prelim at Ports expense

Remove this Banner Ad

Back