Review Geelong + Chris Scott make another Prelim at Ports expense

Remove this Banner Ad

Weird old day in Adelaide today
As you’d expect, some shell shocked Port supporters but lots of happy folk too. Why ? Because not only are there lots of cat fans, but also sh*tloads of crow people who enjoyed seeing Port flogged on the big stage. A lot of quiet gloating in the wings.
Two team towns can be cruel like that.
Haha, was talking to the sa manager of our company today, who is a crows fan who went to the footy last night. He saw me on teams wearing my cats polo. He said it was every bit as enjoyable as a crows win.

THE AFL advises that the Match Review of the Finals Week One Thursday game has been completed.

Two charges were laid and there were no incidents requiring a detailed explanation.

View attachment 2102877
If Danger had tackled a Port player in the same way Drew took down Blitz, BT would still be on air oohing and aahing about it now.

#rulesforsome

Haha, was talking to the sa manager of our company today, who is a crows fan who went to the footy last night. He saw me on teams wearing my cats polo. He said it was every bit as enjoyable as a crows win.
Each to their own, of course. But that's an inherently sad way to live in my view.

Schadenfreude is overrated.

Weird old day in Adelaide today
As you’d expect, some shell shocked Port supporters but lots of happy folk too. Why ? Because not only are there lots of cat fans, but also sh*tloads of crow people who enjoyed seeing Port flogged on the big stage. A lot of quiet gloating in the wings.
Two team towns can be cruel like that.
BF Emojis are insufficient
snow white lol GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Your hatred for Hawkins is beginning to get a bit beyond the pale. Ban yourself!!!!

Will be a night game for TV broadcast purposes

Who's hating on Hawkins?

Pointing out that he wasn't in great form for a couple of months prior to injury & shouldn't be an automatic selection if he gets through tomorrow isn't hating on the guy

He's a legend of the game, but everyone's time comes to an end, and team selection especially in finals needs to have the emotions removed

We've got that circle of life moment with the parallels from 2011, but instead of Mooney handing the reigns to young Hawkins, it's our games record holder handing them over to the young Scratcher

Each to their own, of course. But that's an inherently sad way to live in my view.

Schadenfreude is overrated.
I don't live in Adelaide but I can imagine living next to port fans in a 2 team town would be something else.

Like Freo is a bit how ya goin but Port seems next level.

Anyone mention the umpiring last night I thought they were top shelf.

Port fans

I've seen a few complaints along the lines of it being no surprise that a Vic team won the free kick count over an interstate team in a final... Nevermind that the Vic team were the ones playing interstate

Port fans are obliterating poor old Esava on their own board.

We absolutely reamed them in the trade there....

We didnt yet in the sense edwards hasnt played a game yet and we wouldve got humphries anyway.

But the fact they have sav contracted for 4 more years on good $ and are already playing him as a decoy fwd as theyve given up playing him in defence is a lol.

Thought Mullin looked better than Bews (who wasn’t bad). If we want the option of having a defensive tagger he may be handy. Didn’t think I’d be considering him before last night.

Id pick mullin before bews but i think both will go for sdk and stewart (unless tuohy does which would be a big call).

Don't rule out Guthrie potentially as sub. If we win on Saturday he'll have had 2 VFL games under his belt. And as much as Bews, Mullin and Tuohy did the job last night you take a 90% fit Guthrie as sub over them every day of the week.

I dont disagree but its a huge risk if you get an early concussion which is why i doubt we do it.

Any idea when our prelim will be scheduled? Friday or Saturday? Day or Night?

Sat 4pmish id say so syd/gws/bris can get home early that night.

As much as I love Hawkins was Dixon a clear live preview for us why he probably should not?
Hawk cannot play finals unless we are depleted. That is clear.

Neale was great and as I have said before the dynamic of the forward line has been so much better with him in and (sadly) Hawk out.

The reality is Hawk started the season well hit the wall bigtime in the middle of the year. We all willed him to come back but alas (sadly) he cannot. I'd be surprised if he does not know that too.

But if he and Cuthrie can help out the 2's and mentor a bit, wow what a win. And I am sure both would love that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Geelong + Chris Scott make another Prelim at Ports expense

Remove this Banner Ad

Back