Review Geelong + Chris Scott make another Prelim at Ports expense

Remove this Banner Ad

My colleagues stopped texting me after time. I'm going on a boys weekend tomorrow too with Port fans. Will be brilliant.
Port supporters were brutal on fiveaa this afternoon, actually felt sorry for Warren Tredrea. Tredda's had to be careful what he could say or agree with because of being a board member. But both him and Timmy Ginever were critical of how poor port were but even more complimentary on the cats and CS.
I didn't see it because I don't have foxtel but they replayed the audio of ffooty pre game with Scotty, how he said live how they were going to dismantle Port. It was brilliant CS.

Last edited:
Any idea when our prelim will be scheduled? Friday or Saturday? Day or Night?

Sat 4pmish id say so syd/gws/bris can get home early that night.
Not quite. Was spoken about on radio today.

IF Syd win tomorrow we will have Sat Twilight PF.
IF GWS win tomorrow we are the highest home finalist and will get the Fri Night PF.

Port supporters were brutal on fiveaa this afternoon, actually felt sorry for Warren Tredrea. Tredda's had to be careful what he could say or agree with because of being a board member. But both him and Timmy Ginever were critical of how poor port were but even more complimentary on the cats and CS.
I didn't see it because I don't have foxtel but they replayed the audio of ffooty pre game with Scotty, how he said live how they were going to dismantle Port. It was brilliant CS.
Yeah tredders got himself into strife last time. I'll have to track down that audio

How's that coaching career you going, Grant...

Don't think he even watches footy.

Resorts to making fun of ethnic names.

Kolo and Zuthrie in particular have been solid all year.

He should have smiled in that Wizard Cup photo: cos that's as good as it ever got for him.

If you're a gun midfielder why wouldn't you consider the Cats?

All parts of the field are being regenerated. There's still the strong culture and leaders. Our mid 20s players are showing good signs they will keep the veteran standards fairly high.

Really we "just" need a gun midfielder or two, then someone to replace Cameron. If you might be one of those players, why not give the GFC a look?
I agree….but I was also just thinking…In 2025…

IF Danger is still Danger…(although yes I see him playing forward a bit more)…and
IF Guthrie comes back to form

We have Danger, Stewart, Smith, Bruhn, Holmes, Atkins, Bowes as our midfield rotation

That is actually pretty good. Not saying I wouldn’t take another elite player but if we do get one it will squeeze out some pretty good players

Now this sounds silly given all year MF has been our weakness….But 2025 compared to 2024 “slump” had Danger and Guthrie back, Smith new, Bruhn fit and another year development, Holmes on upward trend and I think Bowes will also be much better…

I'm currently in country NSW, and the Internet at the place I was staying last night was about as useful as Charlie Dixon. :)

Fun fact: from the 11 minute mark of the 2nd quarter of that game, we outscored Port 31.26.212 to 11.19.83 over the next 6 and a bit quarters.
Would have been better if it was 202 to 83. I have always love that margin!

I agree….but I was also just thinking…In 2025…

IF Danger is still Danger…(although yes I see him playing forward a bit more)…and
IF Guthrie comes back to form

We have Danger, Stewart, Smith, Bruhn, Holmes, Atkins, Bowes as our midfield rotation

That is actually pretty good. Not saying I wouldn’t take another elite player but if we do get one it will squeeze out some pretty good players

Now this sounds silly given all year MF has been our weakness….But 2025 compared to 2024 “slump” had Danger and Guthrie back, Smith new, Bruhn fit and another year development, Holmes on upward trend and I think Bowes will also be much better…
When I talk about another gun midfielder I'm still thinking of the post Dangerfield landscape. Also that Smith isn't over the line yet. So if he was the first...one more to take over once Dangerfield is gone.

I haven't completely given up on Guthrie but am not counting him in any plans until evidence to the contrary. Plus he's still near the end anyway.

I agree that the weakness in our midfield has been overstated though. At least since Dangerfield returned and we moved Stewart in there.

Tried to tell ppl here to not underestimate our win against the WCE. It was massive. Considering we put the cue in the rack by halfway through the 3rd. Anyway, I got $3.10 after Tom went home. Easy money. The other side I'm worried about is South Melbourne. If they find form they will be hard to beat.

EFA.

In the end, Max thought he was just going to burn him completely but Frankie kept coming and pressured the disposal enough to see the ball end up out of play.

Haha, I just saw the replay and Evans also started his chase from a kilometre away, it was only the last bounce that Holmes was taking the piss. Still, I'm sticking with my memory - it's how I'll tell it to my kids.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I said it last night but I'll say it again. It must be so weird for Dangerfield playing at Adelaide Oval - he'll get massively booed by either team for being a former Crows player.
1725625350611.png

I actually said that Watson would get a wizard's hat by the end of it. I thought he might even grab one during a goal celebration.

To be honest they are arrogant but I do think the whole fun police routine can get tiresome too. The players make themselves pantomime villains to opposition supporters when they do it, the individuals likely understand that, so as long as everything is done in good humour (including them copping it in a non-toxic way when they lose/stuff up) then it's fine.

Meanwhile, Search & Rescue are still looking for <PA Troll>. Loss of Power and gale-force melts persist.

Rough conditions emotions are believed to be hampering the search. Our thoughts & prayers with those affected.

Note: I didn’t want to pinpoint any specific person..

He had his offensive moment and contributed... but his man was taking intercept marks for fun.

What Zuthrie was doing for us... Bergman was doing the same for them.

In the end, I think Ollie lost his position and it was a game where not many cats lost anything.
Thought Bergman was their best player by a country mile, Ollie definitely needs to work on not allowing his man just to zone off and do as he pleases all night

I actually said that Watson would get a wizard's hat by the end of it. I thought he might even grab one during a goal celebration.

To be honest they are arrogant but I do think the whole fun police routine can get tiresome too. The players make themselves pantomime villains to opposition supporters when they do it, the individuals likely understand that, so as long as everything is done in good humour (including them copping it in a non-toxic way when they lose/stuff up) then it's fine.

I don't get the hype on Watson.

He's kicked something like 9.16......that's what, a 30% accuracy on goal?

Pretty average I would've thought.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Geelong + Chris Scott make another Prelim at Ports expense

Remove this Banner Ad

Back