Review Geelong + Chris Scott make another Prelim at Ports expense

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't rule out Guthrie potentially as sub. If we win on Saturday he'll have had 2 VFL games under his belt. And as much as Bews, Mullin and Tuohy did the job last night you take a 90% fit Guthrie as sub over them every day of the week.

Not in a final I wouldn't

I love Guthrie, but he's missed that much football starting round 7 2023 and he hasn't played any football since round 10 this season - even if he gets through 1 or 2 VFL matches, I'd have serious questions over his match fitness for an AFL final

I love that Scott shows his emotion when he's in the coaches box & that he's unapologetic for doing so

**** wanting coaches to be robots & straight faced all the time - let them enjoy themselves and watching their team

The day we stop seeing the emotion from Scott is the day, will be the day he knows it's time to walk away - but until then, we have the best coach in the league, and let's make sure we keep getting the right support around him because he has repeatedly shown he & his group know how to get the best out of this squad
It's rare for a coach to change and adapt like he has. Seems to get better the longer he coaches. Wins a flag this season and he is in the GOAT conversation.

Bowes was big in some important moments which was great to see, he has been an absolute steal. Bowes, Stengle, Bruhn great recruiting from the trade team and the players for port we got rid of to make space for them where on display as well!
Bowes been amazing this year well worth that trade just him alone imo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone else just riding a wave of happiness, shock and amazement this morning?

I have had 5 hours sleep, I have been at work for 90 mins so far and all I have achieved is loading up the apprentice with jobs so that he leaves me alone

We all just need to dance like pre-match Max Holmes

And yes this is pre-match

I hope this is what we see from the team across the rest of the month - be relaxed, be happy and be enjoying themselves

It's something that became very noticeable in 2022 & again last night compared with 2023 - when the team is happy, when the players are smiling & enjoying themselves is when they play their best football. **** being robots, being straight faced & emotionless all match - smile & be happy, as that's when our best football is played

Esava a personal favourite of mine, but the only kind thing I could say about his game is that he was better than Dixon.

Yikes that is damning him with the fainest of praise bulletproof!

I always liked Esava too; I actually (foolishly in retrospect) thought he might have a big game against us last night.

As for Dixon, he is a scrub, been one of the comp's least effective key forwards for a long time now. The fake tough guy stuff is just annoying, too. I had a rare moment of in-game calm when I saw him go into the ruck; Blicavs thrashed him.

3 disposals for the match from Big Charlie.

Said that to my kid while we were watching the game; Dixon going into the ruck with Blicavs was always going to be a big win for us.
Blicavs drifted forward, he drifted back, he drifted everywhere while all Dixon could do was throw the odd cheap shot.

For the few left that are pushing for Hawkins to replace Neale I think they should watch Dixon’s performance last night. Both to me have gone one season too many. I don’t want Hawkins to be embarrassed as Dixon was last night.

Neale in any case did the job and has developed his forward craft over the season. He’s mobile and normally a good set shot. He’s importantly gaining in confidence and last nights game should tell him he’s up to this level now.

For the few left that are pushing for Hawkins to replace Neale I think they should watch Dixon’s performance last night. Both to me have gone one season too many. I don’t want Hawkins to be embarrassed as Dixon was last night.

Neale in any case did the job and has developed his forward craft over the season. He’s mobile and normally a good set shot. He’s importantly gaining in confidence and last nights game should tell him he’s up to this level now.

Like this clickbait article?

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Geelong + Chris Scott make another Prelim at Ports expense

Remove this Banner Ad

Back