Review Geelong + Chris Scott make another Prelim at Ports expense

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought dangers interview in the post game felt almost like PR exercise with just that in mind

Absolutely. I thought the same thing. I loved that he dropped something about Bowes coming to the Cats for less money but gets to play finals (hint hint anyone thinking of coming to us…). Very smart. If I’m a quality AFL player I’m definitely considering the Cats.

I also loved the way we respected the opposition to the end. Shows a strong culture. No showboating garbage like the Hawks. I couldn’t stand it if we did stuff like that.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

The tears :grinv1:
Best laugh 😹

I’m in bed having Rye toast with Fig Jam + coffee - is there any irony in that choice?

Very satisfied with our board’s posters. Hilarious + sensible responses.

I’m pretty sure KFC Boy’s identity was finally revealed 💯

"Havoc, is that you?"

IMG_8853.gif

What a club. Peerless in their ability to have players managed so they peak for finals. Club has prepped for this since the bye.

As is said in your preview thread, could not believe how you’d been written off given Port’s propensity to turn to water with any pressure applied.

Game pretty much resembled the 22 GF.

Hope we don’t face you in the prelim.

Darling is charcoal. Dixon is more like ash blowing in the wind
1725592285148.png

Not to mention the other week against us Darling had 10 disposals, 5 marks and 2 goals, if Dixon had those numbers he would have been Ports best player and get a 2 year contract extension.

Absolutely. I thought the same thing. I loved that he dropped something about Bowes coming to the Cats for less money but gets to play finals (hint hint anyone thinking of coming to us…). Very smart. If I’m a quality AFL player I’m definitely considering the Cats.

I also loved the way we respected the opposition to the end. Shows a strong culture. No showboating garbage like the Hawks. I couldn’t stand it if we did stuff like that.

I mean if you were at North right now like LDU, he probably has been paid very very well over the last 7 seasons, if he is smart he has a few properties and investments and is set for life post football, why wouldn't you take a little bit less money to go to Geelong?

Post career depending on what career or job he wants, having "Premiership player" or "Brownlow medalist" is a big help and he isn't getting either of those accomplishments at North Melbourne.

Hope 2’s win because I think Guthrie and co need 2 games to prove themselves. Otherwise wouldn’t change much except for Tommy Stewart. Horses for courses I think…
Like the youth and hunger … Bruhn, Holmes , Bowes , mannagh , Dempsey etc….
Give me youth, speed & hunger over big names. Back Scott to get it right as he did last night.

Last edited:
Hope 2’s win because I think Guthrie and co need 2 games to prove themselves. Otherwise wouldn’t change much except for Tommy Stewart. Horses for courses I think…
Like the youth and hunger … Bruhn, Holmes , Holmes , mannagh , Dempsey etc….
Give me youth, speed & hunger over big names. Back Scott to get it right as he did last night.

at times last night it did feel like there was two of him out there..

I have to admit I didn’t think the team was capable of just flicking the switch for the finals …even more so with Stewart out

But they were all switched on which is what we have been hoping for to happen

I tip my hat to the club it was remarkable to see that happen after the form slump and the inconsistency shown the last few weeks,
Your "I give up. We are no chance." post before the game yesterday did seem out of character. Scott-coached sides are basically always a chance. Like you said, it was just a matter of putting 4 quarters together. Our best footy this year has taken it up to every single team (okay we never brought it against GC, but nothing counts in the NT).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Few more pieces and rebuild over, started from the bottom top, now we're back at the top.

Yeah, but that rebuild period was tough. September 2023 was such a long month and it felt like such a long long gap between the end and start of the season. I don’t know how other supporters do it.

Congratulations Cats Supporters!

You couldn't have played any better.

I'm a massive Chris Scott fan.

Hey I'm curious to know what the general feel is towards the boy from Cairns Saints

He looked like he went ok last night and looking a little more comfortable in the team.

What's his season been like so far?

As a fellow Cairns man (these days) I too have followed Bowes pretty closely (even when he was at the Suns).
Cairns Saints play just around the corner from us.

Bowes has been a big bonus for us, as you said he is looking more and more comfortable - his intensity really lifted in the last couple of games of 2023 and he's been solid for all of 2024. Love the tackling.

One of the things I most liked last night was the confidence -just backed themselves all night. In some of our ordinary outings this year, the fumbling etc cruelled us. Last night- were were pretty clean but even when we fumbled- they just plowed on, undeterred. And more often than not they ended up doing something good from there. Good to see.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Geelong + Chris Scott make another Prelim at Ports expense

Remove this Banner Ad

Back