Review Geelong + Chris Scott make another Prelim at Ports expense

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah i mean the history isn't behind Port here...BUT

Ken seems to always pull some bullshit out of nowhere when his job is on the line and he's copping flak.
I imagine Port don't put in another pitiful performance at Home.

What they can't do is let Hawks have easy ground ball. Hawks are number 1 ground ball team in the comp (we are number 2)
Port need to overpower them out of the middle..
I expect JHF to have a big one, he looked pissed and tried his ass off when others had given up.
Port need to lower the eyes and hit targets going inside 50 not blaze away, if they do that Sicily will have a field day.

Hawks want chaos footy like the Cats do, Port is a control team (based on Champion Data statistics)
80% of Finals are played in chaos footy, they won't beat Hawks playing Hawks style, they need to go back to what worked for them.

If they can take the air out of the game and chip/mark it around then go when the corridor opens up it'll help massively.
I still have Hawks winning but it would be hilarious if Port won.

Port are cooked, no Houston or Farrell, maybe no Butters, and Dixon is absolutely done. They're limping into their next final.

Regarding the bold - is that Henry or Ratugolea who did the solid marking around the ground?

The Henry brothers finished with 4 marks each for the night, while Ratugolea had a solitary mark to go with 6 disposals - I actually forgot he was playing, and I'm pretty sure that at ones stage the commentators even called him Allir

Or do you mean marking as in his work around the ground and matching up on Henry?
I think Henry did the solid marking around the ground. Played very well.
The only time I remember Sav was the tackle on Humphries.

Hawk needs to take a leaf out of Cam Mooney’s book and let Neale play.
Tom Hawkins is the most generous hearted player I have ever seen 😻

Just remembering the number of times he’s handballed to players to kick their first AFL goal, to reach a milestone, to give a backman a goal.

Hawkins is 100% a team player first.

Posted in the Pre-Game thread
Rap parody lyrics predicting a blowout
To Eminem song Slim Shady

May I have your attention, please?
Will the real Slick Cats please stand up?
I repeat, will the real Slick Cats please stand up?
We're not gonna have a problem here

A computer glitch saw that post disappear
Decided to do another Eminem parody

Guess who's back, back again?
Slick Cats back, tell a friend
Cats are back! Cats are back!
Cats are back! Cats are back!
Da-da-da, da, da, da, da, da, da
Da-da-da, da, da, da, da

Well, look what the Scott brung (what?)
Little baby kittens they are all young
And it's stickin' out, yeah, like a sore thumb (bleh)
With a forehead they pull footy smarts from (look)
Still a white jerk (it's him), speakin' in a Cypher gotta decipher
With the Vics, Smirks and a navy hoops shirt
Strategic technician (yeah), team on a mission (yeah)
Y'all light work

And we don't gotta play pretend,
It's true not make believe (what?)
And you know Cats here to stay 'cause we
If Cats were to ever take a leave (what?)
They would be aspir'in to top three achieve' (yeah)
If he was to promote VFL Three (what?)
Believing they would A-grader be
Would Cats really have a shot at a flag?
I don't know, but I'm glad to be back like

Abra-abraCATdabra (and for his next trick)
Scott reached in his bag, bruh (like)
Abra-abraCATdabra (and for his last trick, ****)
Just like that and Cat's back, bro

Now back in the days Cats of old (when?)
Right around the time Cats became a dope team
They played so supreme it seemed like a daydream
Mind-bogglin' how Cat's game just skyrocketed
Look what Cat's pocketed

Now the real Slick Cats just stood up?
'Cause we Slick cats, yes, we the real Slick Cats
All you other slick teams are just imitating
Now the real Slick Cats just stood up?
'Cause we Slick cats, yes, we the real Slick Cats
All you other slick teams are just imitating

Yeah, the shitt is just like y'all had been light joggin', and
Cats been runnin' at full speed
And that's why Cats ahead like Scott noggin', and
Back in the fight for a flag agin'
"Oh my God, it's the Cats agin"

Half Media Critics can't even stomach we, let alone stand we
"But Dave, what if Cats win, wouldn't it be weird?"
Why, so you guys would say Cats never get here?
Now hop the wagon like a ex-kangaroo
Me say a few things or two to anger you
But fukk that, if I think that shit, I'ma say that shit
Yo!! Mods please don't Cancel me,
And I'll probably get shit for that (watch)
But you can all see the wit, in fact
Fukk them, fukk Dave, fukk Kane, fukk Brian, fukk you
They can screw off (yeah), them doubters all
What you thought you saw ain't what you saw (nah)
'Cause you're never gon' see Cats Caught sleepin'
Instead see the flag kidnappin' it just may happen (no)
The Cup vanish into the thin air as Cat's leaving
Like a Sherrin snap by Jezza Houdini

Abra-abraCATdabra (and for his next trick)
Scott reached in his bag, bruh (like)
Abra-abraCATdabra (and for his last trick, ****)
Just like that and Cat's back, bro

Now hop the wagon like a navy and blue
You can all see what's in front of you
Love Mannagh Love Lawson Love Miers too
Love Holmes love Dempsey Bowes and Bru
Love Zuthrie Love O'Henry Love Old Cats too
Da-da-da, da, da, da, da, da, da
Da-da-da, da, da, da, da

cat singing mic.gif

Enjoy : You Know the tune

Does cartlon making TDK sub give our MC any ideas?

Understand a Tall isn’t an ideal ruck but to be honest I would rather SDK than a 2E or Duncan as sub. The way we rotate our mids I am not convinced we need an extra runner (ie. worst case we just add a little more game time to each MF). But having Sam as a back up to Stanley getting beaten isn’t a terrible idea? Maybe. Plus he can go back and release blitz for a different role late in game?

Understand a Tall isn’t an ideal ruck but to be honest I would rather SDK than a 2E or Duncan as sub. The way we rotate our mids I am not convinced we need an extra runner (ie. worst case we just add a little more game time to each MF). But having Sam as a back up to Stanley getting beaten isn’t a terrible idea? Maybe. Plus he can go back and release blitz for a different role late in game?
Not a fan. Carlton are the last team I would ever look to for tactical innovation.

Playing a tall, even a mobile tall, is not the way to use a sub.

You either want a dynamic runner or an adaptable veteran who can release other players elsewhere.

Tuohy and Mullin are good options. Bews could come on to clamp someone and release another defender. Duncan could work, I wouldn't judge anyone coming on to that shit show against St Kilda.

It's a big risk because the chances of a midfielder getting hurt are high.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tom Hawkins is the most generous hearted player I have ever seen 😻

Just remembering the number of times he’s handballed to players to kick their first AFL goal, to reach a milestone, to give a backman a goal.

Hawkins is 100% a team player first.
Hard to see any scenario where Hawkins plays another game. He would have come to terms with that already. The VFL loss and Hawkins' just ok showing surely ends his amazing career.

Really interesting comment from Scott pregame.

Said something like this is about winning a premiership not throwing all our eggs into getting into a prelim. Clearly he thought we made some decisions to hold back players in case we need to go the long way.

Was Tuohy as sub cause we don't think he's got 4 consecutive games in him so he'll be back in the 22 for the prelim? Do they think SDK is an automatic inclusion but didn't want to rush him?

And if they thought things like that did the performance change anything to them?

I think tuohy as sub was tactical ie go for more speed in the 22. But i dont think him or stanley or duncan can play 3-4 consecutive games which is where having the week off helps us.

Hard to see any scenario where Hawkins plays another game. He would have come to terms with that already. The VFL loss and Hawkins' just ok showing surely ends his amazing career.
We know the type of person Tom is
Don't be surprised, he knew when going through discussions with his wife Emma and manager and CS that he would have rubber stamped his retirement effectively immediately. But optically to the public he retire after the team's season is done.
Yes whilst Tommy is still part of the team dynamic, he's very much there as "break glass push in case of emergency"

SDK has also been timid and ineffective reserve finals. Not a fan of bringing him into the heat of an AFL prelim.
Correct. Kid hasn't been the same since he got his face caved in. Expecting him to come into a prelim and bring his best, when he hasn't brought his best in years, is the wrong move. I think he needs another season to shake off the cobwebs and find his footing again.
I'm feeling the same way about Hawkins. We haven't seen decent footy from him in a long time. The forward line is currently in perfect synergy. It seems bizarre to say, but I don't think we need Hawkins in the team.

The new batch of kids are the reason we're in this now. Neale deserves his spot. Mannagh deserves his spot. Humphries deserves his spot.

I hope sentimentality doesn't root our season. We can win this thing.

Correct. Kid hasn't been the same since he got his face caved in. Expecting him to come into a prelim and bring his best, when he hasn't brought his best in years, is the wrong move. I think he needs another season to shake off the cobwebs and find his footing again.
I'm feeling the same way about Hawkins. We haven't seen decent footy from him in a long time. The forward line is currently in perfect synergy. It seems bizarre to say, but I don't think we need Hawkins in the team.

The new batch of kids are the reason we're in this now. Neale deserves his spot. Mannagh deserves his spot. Humphries deserves his spot.

I hope sentimentality doesn't root our season. We can win this thing.
Spot on. I'm still bullish on SDK long term. His mid season form when moved to ruck in the AFL was fine. Getting injured and having a couple of so-so VFL games has made 2024 a bridge too far for him. There's usually an unlucky player or two in deep finals runs.

I'm very confident the only change the MC will consider, unless forced, is Stewart in for somebody. That's also the way it should be.

What's the likelihood of guest passes for AFL Bronze members for the prelim, based off previous years where a Victorian team plays an interstate one as will be the case with Geelong this year?

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Geelong + Chris Scott make another Prelim at Ports expense

Remove this Banner Ad

Back