Review Geelong + Chris Scott make another Prelim at Ports expense

Remove this Banner Ad

I didn't get any coverage on the VFL. That bad eh?

He wasn't terrible, but as cats_09 pointed out, there's a huge difference between being 'training track fit' and being 'match hardened'.

He'd blow up if we tried to run him through a final imo.

Is there any chance they use Cam Guthrie as the sub?

He can play a quarter but he cant run out the whole game.
But its too big a risk if somone gets concussed early and he has to play the full game.

We didnt play holmes in the GF because of the risk he might reinjure early and we would be left a man down, id not play guthrie for the same reason.

I’m still amazed at how this list has gotten to a home Prelim, unreal👊🏻

Like Pure_Ownage and others have been saying, it's a real Bradbury season/flag this year.

Sides are stumbling to the GF, and Hawks aside, no-one has been carrying consistent form. Results have been all over the shop.

It really is going to be a matter of who gets it right on the big day.

That said, we've stumbled and crawled much further than most of us thought. Because of that, we're in with a chance.

It's all we can ask.

Now it's a matter of holding the form we brought against PA through a 'bye' and hitting the ground running in the next game.

That's a trick in itself. A week off is a double-edged sword.

Exciting times ahead.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon Mitch Knevitt might have put his hand up strongly for the sub role too. Also very versatile, and played a blinder yesterday.

Not sure they'll have enough confidence in him to bring that in a final.

Yes, he played well, but he has struggled to take that next step so far.

I'm not saying he won't ultimately make it - I just don't think they'll believe the time and occasion is right for him.

I reckon Mitch Knevitt might have put his hand up strongly for the sub role too. Also very versatile, and played a blinder yesterday.

After yesterday he's definitely earned a spot on the emergency list (most likely for the concussed Rohan), but hard to see him getting a spot in the final 23 without an injury or two

But absolutely loved how he stood up yesterday and lifted with the pressure of the game - pity that a few senior teammates weren't able to lift with him

Mitch Knevitt was on absolute fire in the final today. 150 rating, 39 disposals, 13 clearances, 10 tackles. By far the best player on the ground. Geelong lost with some terrible kicking for goal. Tom Hawkins kicked 1 goal 3. Cam Guthrie was solid. Wylie Buzza kicked 3 goals for Southport!
He can be a player, we just need to find the role at senior level that suits him

Correct. Kid hasn't been the same since he got his face caved in. Expecting him to come into a prelim and bring his best, when he hasn't brought his best in years, is the wrong move. I think he needs another season to shake off the cobwebs and find his footing again.
I'm feeling the same way about Hawkins. We haven't seen decent footy from him in a long time. The forward line is currently in perfect synergy. It seems bizarre to say, but I don't think we need Hawkins in the team.

The new batch of kids are the reason we're in this now. Neale deserves his spot. Mannagh deserves his spot. Humphries deserves his spot.

I hope sentimentality doesn't root our season. We can win this thing.
I love that Hawkins came back for a game. Just giving our kids the opportunity to have played a game with him is a career highlight for many of them

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Geelong + Chris Scott make another Prelim at Ports expense

Remove this Banner Ad

Back