Review Geelong + Chris Scott make another Prelim at Ports expense

Remove this Banner Ad

The rejects:

Evans, Ratugolea and Narkle.

194% combined game time.

10 kicks, 6 handballs, 5 marks, 0 goals, 323m gained.

Holmes:

76% game time

17 kicks, 11 handballs, 8 marks, 0 goals, 668m gained.

Humphries:

80% game time.

13 kicks, 7 handballs, 4 marks, 0 goals, 486m gained.

Mannagh:

91% game time.

18 kicks, 5 handballs, 3 marks, 3 goals, 528m gained.

So what we have is the player we drafted with a selection in the Ratugolea trade (Humphries), a player who was just drafted and playing the same role as what we tried Evans in (Mannagh) and Holmes whose emergence in 21/22 seasons left no spot in the side for Narkle and saw him leave.

Definition of chalk and cheese between those 3 and our 3.

Will need a few more kegs

He does, and probably improve his endurance. Not that he's bad at covering ground but at AFL level with the physical hits and contact he'll get, it tires you out a lot quicker than at VFL level.
Another pre-season and I'd expect him to play plenty of AFL next season.

Finally was able to watch the match in full. Amazing effort from everyone, tackling pressure, backing each other up, and keeping the ball moving forward. Excellent.

My only concern from watching the match was our set shots. A stronger opposition would not allow the opportunities we had and so we will need to make every one count.

Do that, and we can win this!

First quarter in AFLW, Geelong players have already dropped several routine marks. Nina Morrison is as slow as a wet week. What happened to her? She used to be able to run.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Premiership hasnt been won yet , but you can only commentate on the finals game played so far

But after watching the full replay , that is one of the best exhibitions of precision kicking at top speed and precision one grab o/head marking and also play on at all costs outstanding link up play that ive seen

That was Geelong alah 1960s champagne type football but without the drop kicks and stab passes and just a pleasure to watch

The opposition was very very poor , but Geel cant play any better than that , and i think neutrals would have enjoyed watching it because the skills were so good and it was so entertaining/exciting to watch

In Stewart

Out , One very unlucky player , because no Geel player deserves to lose their spot after that performance

Only changes for the prelim should be Stewart in out Bews/Mullin

SDK didn't impress enough to boot anyone and as good as Knevitt was the MC wont have the trust to bring him in but he will be an emg
I'm excited for Mitch, has a great building block for 2025 now. Hopefully does his confidence a world of good.

Agree with your emergency idea, think it would be good for him to experience the week and the buildup of the prelim, and potentially the GF.

Bit like a certain C Guthrie did once upon a time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Geelong + Chris Scott make another Prelim at Ports expense

Remove this Banner Ad

Back