GFL Geelong Football League - 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
just had it confirmed he's picked up a job at the VIS that will not require him to leave leopold so false alarm guys sorry...

hocking will be confirmed as an afl assistant in the next couple of days and its expected that paul hood will take the reigns at highton reserve...

after 9 fanatstic years at Highton Reserve, glad I won't be around for that stint

Hardy or Luke Harder? not sure myself, if it is Harder he is only young. played in under 19s and reserves for port adelaide magpies in 2008. played 6 senior games and 10 reserves in 2009. Could be a good signing. Jake Roberts played for glenelg under 19s in 2008 for a few games, went back to Laharum in the Horsham @ District league. 2009 at uni in geelong and played at Belmont, goes ok, both would be about 20.

signed Jake roberts, Pete Hardy ex port adelaide rookie, Klly Williams ocean grove and leigh Thompson from weribee

Hardy or Luke Harder? not sure myself, if it is Harder he is only young. played in under 19s and reserves for port adelaide magpies in 2008. played 6 senior games and 10 reserves in 2009. Could be a good signing. Jake Roberts played for glenelg under 19s in 2008 for a few games, went back to Laharum in the Horsham @ District league. 2009 at uni in geelong and played at Belmont, goes ok, both would be about 20.

signed Jake roberts, Pete Hardy ex port adelaide rookie, Kelly Williams ocean grove and leigh Thompson from weribee

forgot to add, leopold had about 50 to 60 at a team meeting tonight. How will they go next year, they seem pretty keen to do well. I dont know much about them.

In my opinion Leopold along with Grovedale and to a lesser extent Newtown are probably the only sides outside the top 5 that could maybe sneak into the 5 next year.. Although they would have to recruit very very well to displace the current top5 who were a mile above everyone this season.

signed Jake roberts, Pete Hardy ex port adelaide rookie, Kelly Williams ocean grove and leigh Thompson from weribee

But I've heard they are losing Collins, Lynch & Wright so aren't they only replacing what they are losing? Pressure is about due on the Lions. They seem to pick up some good recruits every year but every season seem to finish around the same spot on the ladder without making the finals.

St Albans were throwing some big coin to big handy ruckman Tom Perry from Barwon Heads who won BFL Reserves B&F. He would have accepted it if it wasn't a 2 year deal. Is a really good player when going but only problem with the big fella his heart isn't in it and would rather have a kick for shits and giggles. His having a year off next year.

St Albans were throwing some big coin to big handy ruckman Tom Perry from Barwon Heads who won BFL Reserves B&F. He would have accepted it if it wasn't a 2 year deal. Is a really good player when going but only problem with the big fella his heart isn't in it and would rather have a kick for shits and giggles. His having a year off next year.

If St Albans are throwing money at a BFL reserves ruckman then they are in big trouble. A guy who cant even get a game in an average BFL teams senior side surely could not cut it at GFL level. Surely this cant be right.

If St Albans are throwing money at a BFL reserves ruckman then they are in big trouble. A guy who cant even get a game in an average BFL teams senior side surely could not cut it at GFL level. Surely this cant be right.

Have you seen there recent record in regards to recruitment? Narowki, Potter etc.. - It sounds so stupid it would almost be true of St Albans.

Collins, Lynch retiring I'm guessing? What about Wright?

You're right, sounds like they are replacing what they're losing so far, but a few different players can always add a different element to a group, hopefully bring some positive energy to the place, and a few early signatures can't hurt in bringing about some more signatures.

Little birdy told me Purton was looking to travel north, any truth to that?

With all the recent redevelopment of West oval I beleive now is the time for Football Geelong to scrap the idea of playing finals footy at Skilled stadium and take our show piece event on the local footy calendar back to a local ground.

When you look around the other regional centers of victoria, noticebly Ballarat and Bendigo, our grounds have got nothing on there's in terms of character,history,atmosphere etc. West is starting to get a bit of that with redevelopment and i'd personally love to see the ground host GFL grand finals again. Opinions???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With all the recent redevelopment of West oval I beleive now is the time for Football Geelong to scrap the idea of playing finals footy at Skilled stadium and take our show piece event on the local footy calendar back to a local ground.

When you look around the other regional centers of victoria, noticebly Ballarat and Bendigo, our grounds have got nothing on there's in terms of character,history,atmosphere etc. West is starting to get a bit of that with redevelopment and i'd personally love to see the ground host GFL grand finals again. Opinions???

Ask the bloke who broke his wrist on the velodrome where they should be played! - Need to sort that out first.

Do agree that it needs to be moved from Skilled though.

Ask the bloke who broke his wrist on the velodrome where they should be played! - Need to sort that out first.

Do agree that it needs to be moved from Skilled though.

Very true about the veladrome being a problem. Does anyone know if its still used or do do we have another veladrome?? Sounds stupid i know but i know nothing about cycling and wouldn't have the slightest if there's another veladrome in Geelong or not!!!

i have something for you that could be worth investigating, coach aaron greaves' job was advertised in the paper on saturday and i couldnt see why he'd leave that gig unless it was for a full time coaching position at a higher level... stay tuned for more!

they have picked up hardy from port adelaide and some roberts guy from belmont with a couple more in the pipeline but if they lose greaves it will be a big loss imo...

coach aaron greaves' job was advertised in the paper on saturday

Going to country footy maybe? or where the money is better ?x

McFarlen from St.Albans going to south, was almost at newtown with a job lined up but wanted a premiership.

Also Newtown to get some old faces back including gun forward Jay Bett.

Grovedale meeting with exciting full forward Julien Carr this week. Seems like Modda and Grovey will be fighting for his signature. Would be a very good signing for Grovey if it happens...

Grovedale meeting with exciting full forward Julien Carr this week. Seems like Modda and Grovey will be fighting for his signature. Would be a very good signing for Grovey if it happens...

Is that that same Jules that played for Modda a few years back? Where has he been playing recently

Is this the ex Belmont Lions Julian Carr? If so I wouldn't bid too high for him!

Is this the ex Belmont Lions Julian Carr? If so I wouldn't bid too high for him!

Yeah look he's probably played to much in lower leagues eg- Belmont,Modda,Forrest or somewhere in the CDFL but he is a very talented footballer who did play for the North Ballarat tac team so he could be a good get if he decides to have a real crack, which he'd have to do if he decides to play GFL.

McFarlen from St.Albans going to south, was almost at newtown with a job lined up but wanted a premiership.

Im pretty sure McFarlane has already re-signed at st albans.
he hasnt re-signed yet but seems pretty keen to
south barwon have offered big money at him though

josh gray, zac host, cain and dave mcfarlane and 1 or 2 more are all leaving st.albans and heading down to torquay. all were probaly not up to gfl seniors standards anymore so its just leaving more spots for the younger ones to get a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back