GFL Geelong Football League - 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

O'toole would return on a good pay packet too I'd imagine...so St Joeys will buy a premiership..Street, Carson, Carson, O'toole...that'd be at least $80k right there....go Joeys...

O'toole would return on a good pay packet too I'd imagine...so St Joeys will buy a premiership..Street, Carson, Carson, O'toole...that'd be at least $80k right there....go Joeys...

Every club buys their premiership :D It's when clubs spend big for no results that everyone gives them a hard time. For example St Albans :eek:

..or Bell Park?...how much is Fitzy getting??!!!

james or john?

ricky o'toole is choosing between st joeys and leopold but my money would be on leopold! him and greaves are pretty tight and he hasnt got that many mates left at joeys however they are seen to be closer to success than the lions which may be a factor...

james or john?

ricky o'toole is choosing between st joeys and leopold but my money would be on leopold! him and greaves are pretty tight and he hasnt got that many mates left at joeys however they are seen to be closer to success than the lions which may be a factor...

Ive spoken to a guy from Joeys who said the club had spoken to Ricky and he was asked to put a price on his head as clubs do. After a figure was given apparently the response from Joeys was thanks for the chat and good luck. May not be exactly true but I'd say if he was going to come back to the GFL it would be with Leopold.

Ive spoken to a guy from Joeys who said the club had spoken to Ricky and he was asked to put a price on his head as clubs do. After a figure was given apparently the response from Joeys was thanks for the chat and good luck. May not be exactly true but I'd say if he was going to come back to the GFL it would be with Leopold.

With Tom and Bourke gone from Leopold that should leave some room for O'Toole to slot in financially?

At a guess, in $ what would he be worth to a GFL side?

With Tom and Bourke gone from Leopold that should leave some room for O'Toole to slot in financially?

He's been out of the GFL for a very long time now. The money he would be putting on his head would be far too great for his worth as a GFL player now. Not as a GDFL or BFL player but a GFL player. He will get over run and worked over when he starts back. The GFL midfield has improved considerably in the past 6 or 7 (?) years that he has been gone. If he is looking to give it a year or two to get some success and chase that illusive flag then i can't see why he would be going to Leopold. They have jogged up and down on the same spot for the past 5 years and are no closer to a finals spot now than they were when he left the comp.

david johnson has made his decision.

he will be working with geelong in player welfare and development and will also be the matchday runner which will leave only 4 to 6 games that he is available to play locally. he will be playing these games for a ridiculous amount of money for st marys.

Bring on the points system.

ridiculous would be an understatement champ...i have heard they are weighed before and after training, and if they have lost fluid (weight), they are to remain around until that lost fliud is replaced...sounds a bit too high tech for GFL but things are getting alot more professional in local circles. as for bourke, the level of training would be too intensive from what i have seen of him.
Sam Bourke from leopold has gone to lorne, for more money than what his worth i might add.
word out of leopold is that there training reigme is radiculous and that Greaves has no repour with the kids, thats why so many of them are going to newcomb, thomson these sorts of places. they have also lost jason tom to i think torquay.

Big Rick Wilde is also training down at Leopold but will only be in a playing role not coaching.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

just quietly i was at eastern beach for a barbie tonite and st albans were training down there, i couldnt believe:

1. how hard they were training
2. how many blokes were there (around 30)
3. how long they went for (started around 6, still going at 830)

was incredible to watch from a distance, could eveyone be under estimating davenport?

Old news now, but great to see kayler-thompson get drafted to hawks, i have always spoken openly how stiff he was back as a under 18 not to get drafted, and that is considering the players who DID get drafted, names that i will not mention as a string of them play in the gfl now ;) so clearly they wernt up to it. He played with Foley at falcons, and at that point in time he was better then foley, but im pretty sure foley got rookie listed to?

I still think for a half back flanker, which he was in u 18's and to average mid 20 possies a game, especially in a point of the afl that half back flankers were strarting to be more used as rebound/ run off players, and to be a vocal point in the team, and to of represented victoria for hes entire junior career, justice has prevailed now, which him good luck.

This post hasnt really spoken up predicted top 4's? and predicted top side, i am aware it is very early as most sides have not come close to there final side, but who do you guys think will be top 4 and in order. will south still be a dominating force yet again? will joeys take it 1 step further in '10? will bell parks young bregade mature? or will st marys get there act back to there premiership season?

just quietly i was at eastern beach for a barbie tonite and st albans were training down there, i couldnt believe:

1. how hard they were training
2. how many blokes were there (around 30)
3. how long they went for (started around 6, still going at 830)

was incredible to watch from a distance, could eveyone be under estimating davenport?

No. Doesn't have the cattle for starters. 30 not great numbers either if they are still training.

No. Doesn't have the cattle for starters. 30 not great numbers either if they are still training.

i'd say 30 is pretty good 3 days before xmas but i was a fair way away so that might have included under 18's and yeah i couldnt see who was there training but the duration and intensity of the session was impressive...

Dav will be a great coach...for one week...crap the next and good the one after...he'll be a great role model one day...crap the next week...awful the week after that..He hasn't got the stability to offer himself as a good coach nor role model. Even with great cattle..the farm manager is unlikely to get respect out of his players...and I'll stick with whoever said it earlier...he'll be sacked before season end...

Heard on the grapevine that st marys picked up a very good footballer from balranald in the Central Murray League.....Jason Dennis......An outstanding footballer who loves a hard ball and can kick goals..

Lucky there are no Salary Cap restrictions in this league.
Gee they must have some serious coin surplus at St Mary's, there must be plenty of Church goers putting plenty of coin in the collection plates !
Sunday's must be pay day.

My contacts up Central Murray way tell me that Jason Dennis is great when things are going well...but he can be awful in a losing side..or a side under pressure..How much are St Marys spending to get their team on the track?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back