Geelong rorting the system

Remove this Banner Ad

Geelong supporters claim there is no way their club would ever do something even slightly dodgy. Can’t see any issues with a club sponsor, paying a player from another club and as soon as he can he ends up at the other club who already paying him? C’mon.

Well done Geelong for finding a way to get their coach more money

This isn't a Geelong thing, it is an AFL thing. The AFL slashed the soft cap during Covid and never brought it back close to where it was. Clubs are obviously trying to find creative ways to get more money into their coaching staff when all the AFL need to do is increase the soft cap back in line with how it was heading in 2019

Great entertainment this thread.

I particularly like the doggy fans all up in arms about Chris Scott. Took me 15 seconds to find out Luke Beveridge is an adjunct professor at Victoria University and a brand ambassador for Airport Toyota😂

Geelong supporters claim there is no way their club would ever do something even slightly dodgy. Can’t see any issues with a club sponsor, paying a player from another club and as soon as he can he ends up at the other club who already paying him? C’mon.

Nike are a major club sponsor at Sydney. I bet they already individually sponsored guys at other clubs that have come there in the past. Is that a problem?

Nike are a major club sponsor at Sydney. I bet they already individually sponsored guys at other clubs that have come there in the past. Is that a problem?
You comparing Nike to Cotton On, that’s a problem. Imagine there are probably quite a few, how many times with Cotton On? Sponsors one player in the league who then ends up at Geelong, Geelong supporters quite defensive for something that is just a ridiculous notion apparently.

There are too many losers on this site.

Elixuh. You desperately need to get a life.
Screenshot_at_Oct_23_23-08-08.png

:$ :$ :$ :$ :$

You comparing Nike to Cotton On, that’s a problem. Imagine there are probably quite a few, how many times with Cotton On? Sponsors one player in the league who then ends up at Geelong, Geelong supporters quite defensive for something that is just a ridiculous notion apparently.

Does it matter?
Nike are also a much, much, much bigger company, and would have deals with players, advertising deals and ambassadorial roles etc. Sydney eyes one of them: Nike helps it along. What’s the difference.

Does it matter?
Nike are also a much, much, much bigger company, and would have deals with players, advertising deals and ambassadorial roles etc. Sydney eyes one of them: Nike helps it along. What’s the difference.

Lol, you can't see a problem with the Cats-Cotton On-B Smith situation, because a sports brad who sposors a sports team ad sportsmen might do the same thing.

How about just front up and admit it stinks.

Lol, you can't see a problem with the Cats-Cotton On-B Smith situation, because a sports brad who sposors a sports team ad sportsmen might do the same thing.

How about just front up and admit it stinks.

Yeah sorry, I’d rather discuss it with people who don’t have voodoo dolls of Jason Snell framed on their wall.

Back to your draft party.

here is the official heirarchy of AFL have's to have-not's, if you're ever wondering why this happened to this club but not that, if you're ever wondering why X got suspended but Y got off, anything and everything, consult the table

Geelong
Melbourne
Collingwood
West Coast
Sydney
Brisbane
Richmond
Hawthorn
Carlton
Bulldogs
Gold Coast
West Sydney