Preview Geelong v Port Adelaide Rd 13....somewhere...sometime soon...maybe

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He could lift maybe in the foward lihe. He can not ruck. It’s never going to happen in the ruck. Stanley was bloody good last game against Grundy.
Three talls and Rohan is never going to work

I wonder what Sav's doing that they're liking at the moment. I'm not upset Stanley's out but Fort is stiff again

I like that Sav's getting games but I don't think how they're playing him does him any favours. Weird role where he just takes centre bounces then vibes around across half forward. Even put how he's playing aside, it's not worth having a player in the team to do that as far as I can tell.

I like that Sav's getting games but I don't think how they're playing him does him any favours. Weird role where he just takes centre bounces then vibes around across half forward. Even put how he's playing aside, it's not worth having a player in the team to do that as far as I can tell.

We did this with Mark Blicavs for two long seasons, why can't Ratugolea have games pumped into him as well?

I'm tipping Oconnor a late out
Narkle in.

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I hope so, if only because it seems a bit risky having two long term injuries coming back into the midfield at the same time.

Think the Stanley call might be a reasonable one. Keep Esava in against Port's second string

Sav sure as heck better lift. No excuses with lycett out.

Sav isn't a ruckman. He isn't doing much anywhere else either for that matter.

Our ruck is either Stanley or Fort, backed by Blitz.

We persevere with this set-up and it's going to bite us later on imo.

I wonder what Sav's doing that they're liking at the moment. I'm not upset Stanley's out but Fort is stiff again

Making 'down the line' marking contests an actual contest, perhaps

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope so, if only because it seems a bit risky having two long term injuries coming back into the midfield at the same time.

Think the Stanley call might be a reasonable one. Keep Esava in against Port's second string
esava 0 marks, 4 disposals, 8 hitouts and 1 goal.

Stanley 7 marks (most on the end of long kicks), 16 disposals, 15 hitouts and 1 goal from 15 percent less game time then sav.

yeah it’s totally reasonable.

We did this with Mark Blicavs for two long seasons, why can't Ratugolea have games pumped into him as well?
It's true that I didn't "see it" with Blitz until basically his BnF year but there's a simple answer to that and it's his elite running capacity. He didn't look like a footballer to me but he was running kms other players didn't have to. Sav doesn't have that aerobic capacity and he's playing a role that makes us look like we're down a player

Maybe I shouldn't complain because I have advocated for looking at Sav in the ruck because I thought he was the only option who "could" be good enough to win a flag. High risk, high reward. But how they're doing it, it doesn't make sense to me. And off Fort's VFL form this season he's probably the guy who deserves the chance.

Fort against Port's second string would've been better. He's shown form in the VFL and this would've been a good chance to give him a run in the seniors - and give Stanley a rest if that's what they're up to with him. He went ok last week.

This annoys me more than Narkle getting dropped.

We've had a month of Ratugolea in the ruck and there has been nothing to suggest he's the answer, or that we can win anything with him as our #1 ruck. Rhys came in against Grundy and was more than matching him before Grundy's injury.

Rhys - 16 disposals, 1 goal - 64% TOG

Sav - 4 touches, 1 goal - 73% TOG.

Rhys is our best ruck option, despite his weaknesses and we need to play him. We will not win a flag with Sav and Blitz as our two ruck options.
We aren't picking players on output which is disappointing

Geelongs depth is becoming a great problem... we need to be blooding our young players (i.e. clark, narkle, holmes, simpson etc) but this 22 doesn't even include Cam Guthrie and to a lesser extent Gryan Miers. Who would Guthrie and Miers even replace should they be fit next week? (luke dahlhaus is the obvious one but scott seems to have him cemented in no matter what)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back