Banter Geelong V Richmond - GO!

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who are the GOATS?

• Selwood

Votes: 93 44.3%
  • Dusty

Votes: 122 58.1%
  • Hawkins

Votes: 75 35.7%
  • J. Riewoldt

Votes: 44 21.0%
  • C.Scott

Votes: 64 30.5%
  • Hardwick

Votes: 59 28.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

In the interests of keeping your back and forth shite fights out of match threads so normal people can talk.

Keep it clean and above the shorts
Off topic rubbish clogging up match threads will be moved here, knock yourselves out.

homero-pelea-simpsons.gif

Last edited:
Aristotle, you really have to stop making yourself look like an absolute dill.

Hocking resigned because he accepted the CEO role at Geelong.

You’re trying to have us believe Hocking resigned but Gillon stepped in and said, “No Steve, I’m telling you to resign so I’m not accepting the resignation you just gave me”??
Incorrect. Hocking wanted to finish the season still on the rules committee but they said you go now. That's the facts.

He did break rules, he signed on to be Geelong CEO or whatever he is, while still on an impartial rules committee.
It's called conflict of interest but Hocking didn't think the rules applied to him or Geelong which is typical.

Sorry, but it isn’t.

It’s no different to what Gale did.

No one quits a job while applying for a job. You know why? Because they might not get it, then they end up unemployed. So you apply for the job, then when you find out you have it, you tell your employer. You talk about what happens next, and in this case they make a common sense decision and they part ways.

It’s not possible to be a functioning member of society and not understand this.

Incorrect. Hocking wanted to finish the season still on the rules committee but they said you go now. That's the facts.
Hocking wanted to serve out his contractual notice as Football operations Manager but he was put on paid “gardening leave”. It happens every day of the year. It’s happened to me

it doesn’t even matter what he wanted: even if you could provide evidence of what he wanted - which I very much doubt you can, it absolutely doesn’t matter one iota. They agreed to part ways and that’s the end of it. There is no conflict of interest when he hasn’t been in both roles at the same time, and when the AFL hasn’t terminated his employment for doing anything wrong there is no such thing as firing. Paint it anyway you like mate.

Regardless, how many of Tyson Stengle’s goals in the 2022 grand final did McLachlan and Hocking’s discussion kick? I’m just curious because boy it’s been an integral player for us it seems.

Was Hocking’s early exit from AFL house dressed up as Shaun Mannagh on Thursday kicking 3 and having 3 assists?

Unless some massive rule break that's been covered up exists then the other teams just need to get smarter and more effective.

If Geelong keep winning then that's just good work by them
Cherry picking is smart and effective.

Cats have made a living off always topping up and to always play their best 22. Players are not gifted games and integrity of selection makes a successful culture.

Other teams keep going to the draft and play kids who have potential but not up to AFL standard. Geelong recruit mature players, trade in player who cover holes, and some their kids develop in the 2's and when ready they come in make an impact straight away.

What's Gerard been up to then?
Whilst his public persona is football broadcaster and writer, behind the scenes he's one of the main players of the 'Geelong Mafia' who secertly run the Australian Football League, or as the enlightened have taken to calling it, the 'Corrupt Football League', or CFL for short.

Now if you've perused the 'Geelong have become too powerful' thread, the Geelong Mafia, despite its name, is actually an international organisation with headquarters in many countries around the world including Canada, where Canadian Rick Stone who is in charge of setting up the AFL fixture makes sure to give the Geelong Football Club the easiest draws every single year, whilst simultaneously setting up Richmond with a difficult draw.

Now you're probably thinking, 'Ok, but what about the rest of the world?'. Do you remember Port Adelaide and the AFL trying to capture the Chinese market? Why did such a surefire plan manage to miss the mark? I'll give you one guess - The Geelong Mafia. The stranglehold they have over the CFL would've been relinquished if the power of China were to become involved, so some timely intervention put a stop to that. Remember COVID? Let's just say it didn't originate in China, but a very clever secret organisation made it seem that way.

Need I continue?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah don't worry about the facts or ethics dude

At no point have you paid any heed to either of these thing during what can only be either a complete pisstake, or the inane ramblings of someone who simply, even as an adult, refuses to accept 18 seasons of evidence that disproves any theory he can come up with to the contrary

I agree. Bragging about flags that my grandfather didn't even see is the dumbest thing.

Eagles, Hawks, Cats have the best bragging rights of the AFL era in my opinion and that's what counts. They've done it multiple times with different lists.

Same clubs are 1-4 in finals against Tigers in the AFL era.

So we have the bragging rights over them. :cool:

If it annoys you enough to make out you don't care, then you care. :)

If we still miss out on the flag in those seasons but the head to head results are reversed purely for the sake of what goes in the record book, what difference does it make?

What people go ‘who’s had the most success this century - I wonder how Brisbane have gone?’ Does anyone go ‘let’s see what their head to head record is against Adelaide?’

Wrong dude, you are like a maga cult

And you are like a newsletter distributed among a few dozen loyal subscribers that ignores fact, logic, reason, and a body of evidence that covers a data set of roughly 450 examples because you have the coping skills of a primary school child and has to make up examples. Every thing that has happened in the league over nearly 2 decades. Every change. We have been there and managed. You’ve tried to explain it all away. And you look like a clown in doing it.

‘Why do they keep on winning dad, why can’t they just stop???? Do something dad, write to the prime minister and tell him to stop it.’

If we still miss out on the flag in those seasons but the head to head results are reversed purely for the sake of what goes in the record book, what difference does it make?

What people go ‘who’s had the most success this century - I wonder how Brisbane have gone?’ Does anyone go ‘let’s see what their head to head record is against Adelaide?’

Whatever. You will never have bragging rights over a team who schooled you in 3 finals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Geelong V Richmond - GO!

Back