Banter Geelong V Richmond - GO!

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who are the GOATS?

• Selwood

Votes: 93 44.3%
  • Dusty

Votes: 122 58.1%
  • Hawkins

Votes: 75 35.7%
  • J. Riewoldt

Votes: 44 21.0%
  • C.Scott

Votes: 64 30.5%
  • Hardwick

Votes: 59 28.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

In the interests of keeping your back and forth shite fights out of match threads so normal people can talk.

Keep it clean and above the shorts
Off topic rubbish clogging up match threads will be moved here, knock yourselves out.

homero-pelea-simpsons.gif

Last edited:

you're either absolutely full of shit and/or trolling, or you have no idea about actual facts. which is it?
Stop your crap. Hocking said himself that he wanted to continue until the end of the year, the AFL said no, that is a conflict of interest as you have just signed with Geelong. Look it up.

Stop your crap. Hocking said himself that he wanted to continue until the end of the year, the AFL said no, that is a conflict of interest as you have just signed with Geelong. Look it up.
But he wasn’t sacked. I defy you to provide evidence that he was “sacked”. Not put on paid “gardening leave”.

Have you not ever changed jobs and been asked to finish up early rather than serve your leave period because of a perceived conflict?

But he wasn’t sacked. I defy you to provide evidence that he was “sacked”. Not put on paid “gardening leave”.

Have you not ever changed jobs and been asked to finish up early rather than serve your leave period because of a perceived conflict?

im pretty sure this guy has never had a proper job, so this might be a moot question.

We've finished top of the ladder 4 times this century and have won 4 premierships.

Our grand final record this century is 4-2.

We play no finals at our home ground, and each flag has involved beating an MCG tenant at their home ground.

I'm not sure "chokers" really fits the bill in this case.
And the one we did play at K.P, we bottled it in a horrid fashion. Walking out of the ground that day, I've been to livelier funerals.

The 2011 game was played in wet weather conditions between the 2009 & 2010 premiers. It was both Geelong's and Collingwood's 3rd Grand Final appearances and their first meeting in a GF since 1958.
1937, 1952, 1953 and 2011 GF's between the Pies and Cats. 26 finals meetings which is the largest number of games between any two sides in the competition.

Yes I’m sure when we were also top four regulars - as we are now - we went to the AFL and asked them to remove the ability to allow our fittest player, who is also 2 metres tall, to go third man up at every ruck contest. So the 2-and-a-bit out of 3-and-a-bit seasons of the rules YOU don’t like, you’ve addressed.

The other 14?

They’re just conspiracy and co-incidence too? You can’t make up how stupid this sounds.

I’m sure in that initial trial, that 100 minutes, it set us up with a head start that no other club has been able to pull back across 4-5 training sessions a week, 3-4 pre season games, intra club matches, and 23 home and away games plus finals in all the time since.

Pray tell, do you think at any stage, you could issue the other 650 paid professional footballers with ANY accountability to lean some f**ken rules and how to follow them?

Are we the only team with ears or something? Are we the only team who hears the word ‘stand’ when the umpire says it?

You know Richmond did have the option of still being good under the new rules, right?

We made a grand final under the old rules and the new ones.

It’s not that hard
The 3rd man up rule was introduced in 2016 after you finished 2nd , only percentge seperated top spot , and then went out in straight set’s .
The point remains why you were even given a look at potential new rules 1 , 100 or 300 minutes it has no relevance what is relevant is that the club had clearly engaged with the AFL on the new rules.
As for Richmond , I think you’ll find free kick variation shows why the club struggles and it’s due to coaching apparently , funny how that didn’t translate when Hardwick went to Gold Coast and implemented the same style ??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The 3rd man up rule was introduced in 2016 after you finished 2nd , only percentge seperated top spot , and then went out in straight set’s .
The point remains why you were even given a look at potential new rules 1 , 100 or 300 minutes it has no relevance what is relevant is that the club had clearly engaged with the AFL on the new rules.
As for Richmond , I think you’ll find free kick variation shows why the club struggles and it’s due to coaching apparently , funny how that didn’t translate when Hardwick went to Gold Coast and implemented the same style ??

Your free kick count was rubbish under the old rule.

Try again.

Being told to resign is exactly the same as being sacked.

1937, 1952, 1953 and 2011 GF's between the Pies and Cats. 26 finals meetings which is the largest number of games between any two sides in the competition.
1930 as well.
Daft challenge system back then. Beat them the week earlier in the 'decider' but as 1st lost they challenged then won the replay.

No it isn’t. Being sacked usually means you have broken rules.

I’m sorry to break it to you but getting another job doesn’t transgress any rules
He did break rules, he signed on to be Geelong CEO or whatever he is, while still on an impartial rules committee.
It's called conflict of interest but Hocking didn't think the rules applied to him or Geelong which is typical.

Being told to resign is exactly the same as being sacked.
Aristotle, you really have to stop making yourself look like an absolute dill.

Hocking resigned because he accepted the CEO role at Geelong.

You’re trying to have us believe Hocking resigned but Gillon stepped in and said, “No Steve, I’m telling you to resign so I’m not accepting the resignation you just gave me”??

Unless some massive rule break that's been covered up exists then the other teams just need to get smarter and more effective.

If Geelong keep winning then that's just good work by them

Aristotle may just be one of the lowest value add contributors from Richmond's fan base and that's not an easy accomplishment. Plethora of candidates vying for that title.

You are posting absolute garbage on this topic.

He did break rules, he signed on to be Geelong CEO or whatever he is, while still on an impartial rules committee.
Now you’re telling us it is illegal to apply for another job while employed?

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Geelong V Richmond - GO!

Back