Banter Geelong V Richmond - GO!

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who are the GOATS?

• Selwood

Votes: 96 41.9%
  • Dusty

Votes: 140 61.1%
  • Hawkins

Votes: 78 34.1%
  • J. Riewoldt

Votes: 51 22.3%
  • C.Scott

Votes: 68 29.7%
  • Hardwick

Votes: 64 27.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

In the interests of keeping your back and forth shite fights out of match threads so normal people can talk.

Keep it clean and above the shorts
Off topic rubbish clogging up match threads will be moved here, knock yourselves out.

homero-pelea-simpsons.gif

Last edited:
Omg what absolute baloney the 3 flags says otherwise. Do you even know what a poorly run club means. Being No 1 for revenue and 44 mill in the bank says otherwise. You think poorly run clubs can achieve all that. Grow a brain.
The AFL era began in 1990. What from 1990-2016 shows a well run club on and off the field?? You were one of thr biggest on field failures out of all the vic clubs over that period. You have had a small run ( like i said, a broken clock is right twice a day) and now you have gone back to usual richmond.

So outside of a 3-4 year run after stuffing up for so long, you are now back to being a bottom club.

You guys essentially sumbled your way up to success. Now you are back where you are used to being.

10 points off a grand final compared to a 2 win season and a wooden spoon.

Either you are just used to failure as a Richmond fan since the professionsl AFL system, or you need a reminder of what embarrassment is

Riddle me this what do you get for your 10 points 'choke choke' off a GF NOTHING, NADA, ZERO

Did you get told growing up you're not that bright. FFS i just witnessed my team achieve a dynasty, 3 flags in 4 years, back2back. Failure ohh dear at Richmond we win flags 13 to be precise. 8 in the last 57 compared to the cats 4 in 60.

No matter how you cut and dice it it doesnt change that Richmond achieved a dynasty in the AFL era as you say this due to being a great team, based on previous drafting ARE YOU GETTING THIS HOMBRE

Riddle me this what do you get for your 10 points 'choke choke' off a GF NOTHING, NADA, ZERO

Did you get told growing up you're not that bright. FFS i just witnessed my team achieve a dynasty, 3 flags in 4 years, back2back. Failure ohh dear at Richmond we win flags 13 to be precise. 8 in the last 57 compared to the cats 4 in 60.

No matter how you cut and dice it it doesnt change that Richmond achieved a dynasty in the AFL era as you say this due to being a great team, based on previous drafting ARE YOU GETTING THIS HOMBRE
If your idea is grand final win or nothing, then essentially dont watch footy as statistically you are wasting your time as the odds are always greatly stacked and only 1 team wins it each year.

Most fans enjoy watching their team win more often than not, play great footy, and play finals frequently ( as a well run club like geelong does). I know as a richmond fan outside of a small run of s few seasons your AFL existence has comprised mostly bottom 8 finishes, huge beltings on a regular basis, and now a wooden spoon.

So i get why you try to use the line only a premiership matters, because you want to bring everyone down to richmonds level, but the fact is most geelong fans most years get to enjoy quality footy from their team and watch the replay at home, where as most weeks richmond fans in the AFL era hope the game isnt over at half time.

If your idea is grand final win or nothing, then essentially dont watch footy as statistically you are wasting your time as the odds are always greatly stacked and only 1 team wins it each year.

Most fans enjoy watching their team win more often than not, play great footy, and play finals frequently ( as a well run club like geelong does). I know as a richmond fan outside of a small run of s few seasons your AFL existence has comprised mostly bottom 8 finishes, huge beltings on a regular basis, and now a wooden spoon.

So i get why you try to use the line only a premiership matters, because you want to bring everyone down to richmonds level, but the fact is most geelong fans most years get to enjoy quality footy from their team and watch the replay at home, where as most weeks richmond fans in the AFL era hope the game isnt over at half time.

What happened in the 70's, 80's and 90's even the start of the AFL era as you say it took another 17 years to win a flag.
Its about winning flags PERIOD and when Richmond make GF'S we generally win them.

Geelong1897–present101925, 1931, 1937, 1951, 1952, 1963, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2022

close-up-sad-smiley-face-carved-wooden-spoon-against-wall_1048944-8113283.jpg

What happened in the 70's, 80's and 90's even the start of the AFL era as you say it took another 17 years to win a flag.
Its about winning flags PERIOD and when Richmond make GF'S we generally win them.

Dont care about VFL as it was amateurs with full time day jobs and zoning instead of drafts. Richmond outside of a small few years is a failed afl club

But making finals is a necessart condition of winning flags and you cant do that. Which makes you bad at winning flags.

Ps. Your last three grand finals have been against poor grand final sides. 2 of them where you had an interstate advantage while playing on your home deck. I wouldnt be claiming you are a great grand final side until you start winning them against high caliber gf opposition. Like geelong did when they beat the saints in 2009 and pies in 2011. Teams that were playing in their home cities and had only lost two games each in their entire seasons.

But making finals is a necessart condition of winning flags and you cant do that. Which makes you bad at winning flags.

Ps. Your last three grand finals have been against poor grand final sides. 2 of them where you had an interstate advantage while playing on your home deck. I wouldnt be claiming you are a great grand final side until you start winning them against high caliber gf opposition. Like geelong did when they beat the saints in 2009 and pies in 2011. Teams that were playing in their home cities and had only lost two games each in their entire seasons.
Well said, the bolded especially is something richmond fans struggle to grasp

We made finals in 8 of the last 12 seasons.

And Saints and Pies high calibre GF opposition, give over. Those clubs are about the two worst in the last 60 years at converting finals into flags. Richmond are the best, bar none.

lucked out and got to play a 13 win team followed by a 12 win team. 2020 is not a real premiership anyway since no one but the Tigers was trying (including Geelong), but congrats on the wizard home loans flag I guess, it'll sit right up there with this one; View attachment 2119305

12 wins in the shortened season is the equivalent of 16+ in 2024 mathematically.

I guess Hawkins' ONLY Coleman medal doesn't count anymore based off your assessment?

Honestly you couldn't sound any more offended if you tried.

Geelong weren't trying. Please. They were smashed by a better team and had to wait for Richmond to fall off a cliff before they could win a flag for Dangerfield's fingernails.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ps. Your last three grand finals have been against poor grand final sides. 2 of them where you had an interstate advantage while playing on your home deck. I wouldnt be claiming you are a great grand final side until you start winning them against high caliber gf opposition.
Our last three flags were won during the Geelong dynasty also 🤣🤣🤣
Like geelong did when they beat the saints in 2009 and pies in 2011. Teams that were playing in their home cities and had only lost two games each in their entire seasons.
Don't forget, you guys have only won 1 flag with a side assembled under fair conditions (2022*), so you only beat St. Kilda and Collingwood because of the AFL allowing you to collect your father sons before changing what was later deemed to be an unfair father son rule.

All we know is how it turned out for Essendon when they drank the Geelong Robinson and his friend Dank kool-aid.

Let's talk about what we know, Richmond got the spoon because of all the injuries we suffered this season.

If it goes the way most think it will for us now, we could have a great draft hand, and at the end of a bad season that's a positive wouldn't you say?

We know the '22 special needs met premiers made the top 4 in '24 after missing the 8 in '23, flattered by their top 4 finish this season Geelong looked to take advantage of a weak competition and add an 11th flag. All the Geelong supporters thought they would beat an interstate team at the 'G in PF (and then beat another interstate team in a GF because Richmond with Lynch could beat them at the 'G), but then Geelong at full strength lost 🤣🤣🤣 how do you put a positive spin on that? You call failure success 🤣🤣🤣 I'm sorry, but that's delusional, and that's probaly why only Geelong can have a dynasty littered with failure 🤣🤣🤣

And we did it during the Geelong dynasty 🤣🤣🤣 or was '22 the start of your current dynasty?

Well we are coming off a dynasty and that is based on our recruiters drafting record is it not?

Now lets not forget what transpired on Sat :tearsofjoy:

View attachment 2120239

All that proves is Richmond had a ton of injuries, and Geelong tried to strike while the iron was cold 🤣🤣🤣

12 wins in the shortened season is the equivalent of 16+ in 2024 mathematically.

I guess Hawkins' ONLY Coleman medal doesn't count anymore based off your assessment?

Honestly you couldn't sound any more offended if you tried.

Geelong weren't trying. Please. They were smashed by a better team and had to wait for Richmond to fall off a cliff before they could win a flag for Dangerfield's fingernails.
The projection here is unparalleled. How come I post a single sentence and then I'm met with paragraphs of melts from multiple tuggers? Surely you spooners aren't that sensitive are you?

Dont care about VFL as it was amateurs with full time day jobs and zoning instead of drafts. Richmond outside of a small few years is a failed afl club

hahaha you do realise its the same comp :rolleyes: just a name change when they expanded nationally, hence why all records remain.

In the AFL era got to luv it 3 flags. And we are a rich club kinda helps i guess with recruiters all over the country spotting talent for us which delivered a dynasty. Anyway you choked, you won nothing.

Dynasty-Triple-Cup-Dynasty.jpg

The projection here is unparalleled. How come I post a single sentence and then I'm met with paragraphs of melts from multiple tuggers? Surely you spooners aren't that sensitive are you?
also might I note a little of my respect goes to Meteoric Rise and Cleansweep17 since they've been in this thread all season (obsessed with us etc.) while the rest of you weak willed individuals only showed up once Geelong was out for the year :$

Melts lol lol lol thank goodness you quoted me if that's a melt then you need to be reprogrammed :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
Geez you cats fans make it so easy to reply, the material you provide is endless 😛

"Well we are coming off a dynasty and that is based on our recruiters drafting record is it not?
Now lets not forget what transpired on Sat"

hahaha you do realise its the same comp :rolleyes: just a name change when they expanded nationally, hence why all records remain.

In the AFL era got to luv it 3 flags. And we are a rich club kinda helps i guess with recruiters all over the country spotting talent for us which delivered a dynasty. Anyway you choked, you won nothing.

View attachment 2120377
3 AFL flags and 3 AFL wooden spoon so really they cancel each other out. You can't all be as good as Geelong's 4 and 0 I guess but good try :)

I'm not sensitive at all, just reminding the Geelong fans what we did during your "dynasty" 🤣🤣🤣

We beat Adelaide and GWS in GF's during Geelong's "dynasty," and then finally beat Geelong during their "dynasty."

What did you guys do during our dynasty?

It's good but it's not 4. :smilev1:

Lol i appreciate the confirmation 3 flags and yes cats 4 but some of your cats posters trying to hate on us just makes them come across as clueless. The bottom line FACT we have achieved a dynasty 3 flags which is more than the majority of other clubs in the league.

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Geelong V Richmond - GO!

Back