Banter Geelong V Richmond - GO!

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who are the GOATS?

• Selwood

Votes: 98 40.8%
  • Dusty

Votes: 148 61.7%
  • Hawkins

Votes: 80 33.3%
  • J. Riewoldt

Votes: 56 23.3%
  • C.Scott

Votes: 69 28.8%
  • Hardwick

Votes: 66 27.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

In the interests of keeping your back and forth shite fights out of match threads so normal people can talk.

Keep it clean and above the shorts
Off topic rubbish clogging up match threads will be moved here, knock yourselves out.

homero-pelea-simpsons.gif

Last edited:
I think you missed the memo.

The official Richmond line is: "We don't care about Geelong or anything they say about us, or even acknowledge their existence!"

A few posters might take you out back and give you a good kicking for breaking the Tiger code.
LOL i grew up in Richmond back in the 60's-70's
Noy handbag holding pussy is taking me out the back to do anything mate

images

Thats where they get their inspiration

Cant believe the corrupt AFL ticket off a ground thats the shape of a sausage
and in a regional town where there is so much land

1921 Semi-final - Richmond 115 Geelong 54. Tigers win flag.:trophy:
1934 Semi-final - Richmond 134 Geelong 50. Tigers win flag.:trophy:
1967 Grand Final - Richmond 114 Geelong 105. :trophy:
1969 Semi-final - Richmond 167 Geelong 49. Tigers win flag.:trophy:
1980 Semi-final - Richmond 95 Geelong 71. Tigers win flag.:trophy:
2017 Qualifying final - Richmond 91 Geelong 40. Tigers win flag.:trophy:
2019 Preliminary final - Richmond 85 Geelong 66. Tigers win flag.:trophy:
2020 Grand Final - Richmond 81 Geelong 50.:trophy:

Thanks for being there for us Geelong.

Thanks for the percentage boosts in the gargantuan amount of seasons you weren’t there for us, Richmond

images

Thats where they get their inspiration

Cant believe the corrupt AFL ticket off a ground thats the shape of a sausage
and in a regional town where there is so much land
That Moorabool St wing boundary is basically an 80m straight line, no wonder opposition sides give away so many frees for out on the full or deliberate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2020 will forever be tainted.
Half the competition couldn't give a sh*t just like most other sporting codes around the world. And I'd say the same thing if Geelong pinched that flag.
17 week season, 16 minute quarters lol, no wonder it'll be the last time in decades your mob win anything.
No you wouldn’t.

Thanks for the percentage boosts in the gargantuan amount of seasons you weren’t there for us, Richmond
Like 2007, when if you'd won by 15 points instead of 157 you still would have topped the ladder?

Or do you mean 1989, when you beat us by 22 goals, but still didn't win the flag?

Maybe you include the 21 goal smashing you handed us at KP in 1992. Lost in the big dance again then.

There was also a 108 point victory to the Cats in 2010, that made absolutely no difference to your ladder position and resulted in Geelong NOT going back-to-back again.

In fact, I don't think you could point to one "gargantuan" victory that ultimately improved Geelong's position such that it had an impact in a Geelong premiership season.

You can have your fun but meaningless percentage boosts and I'll have my finals victories.

Like 2007, when if you'd won by 15 points instead of 157 you still would have topped the ladder?

Or do you mean 1989, when you beat us by 22 goals, but still didn't win the flag?

Maybe you include the 21 goal smashing you handed us at KP in 1992. Lost in the big dance again then.

There was also a 108 point victory to the Cats in 2010, that made absolutely no difference to your ladder position and resulted in Geelong NOT going back-to-back again.

In fact, I don't think you could point to one "gargantuan" victory that ultimately improved Geelong's position such that it had an impact in a Geelong premiership season.

You can have your fun but meaningless percentage boosts and I'll have my finals victories.
This is a good post

2020 will forever be tainted.
Half the competition couldn't give a sh*t just like most other sporting codes around the world. And I'd say the same thing if Geelong pinched that flag.
17 week season, 16 minute quarters lol, no wonder it'll be the last time in decades your mob win anything.
2020 was all time.
The hundredth running of the Cox Plate on the same day.
Bossy salutes on Sir Dragonet (RIP).
The boys had a season long footy trip living the hub-life,then hit the twilight zone and saluted.

Lived on beer fumes and hash 'til Christmas.
Good times.

They all contribute: we have to take the small gains in those years you weren’t good enough to earn a game against us

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Geelong V Richmond - GO!

Back