Banter Geelong V Richmond - GO!

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who are the GOATS?

• Selwood

Votes: 98 40.8%
  • Dusty

Votes: 148 61.7%
  • Hawkins

Votes: 80 33.3%
  • J. Riewoldt

Votes: 56 23.3%
  • C.Scott

Votes: 69 28.8%
  • Hardwick

Votes: 66 27.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

In the interests of keeping your back and forth shite fights out of match threads so normal people can talk.

Keep it clean and above the shorts
Off topic rubbish clogging up match threads will be moved here, knock yourselves out.

homero-pelea-simpsons.gif

Last edited:
Animated GIF

Exactly. It's complete absurdity.
Just imagine what you lot would be acting like if Martin managed 27 touches and nearly 4 goals every game for an entire season :oops:

Exactly. It's complete absurdity.
Just imagine what you lot would be acting like if Martin managed 27 touches and nearly 4 goals every game for an entire season :oops:
Maybe dangerfield will do the same if he can find a cute dress to wear before games

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Like 2007, when if you'd won by 15 points instead of 157 you still would have topped the ladder?

Or do you mean 1989, when you beat us by 22 goals, but still didn't win the flag?

Maybe you include the 21 goal smashing you handed us at KP in 1992. Lost in the big dance again then.

There was also a 108 point victory to the Cats in 2010, that made absolutely no difference to your ladder position and resulted in Geelong NOT going back-to-back again.

In fact, I don't think you could point to one "gargantuan" victory that ultimately improved Geelong's position such that it had an impact in a Geelong premiership season.

You can have your fun but meaningless percentage boosts and I'll have my finals victories.

Was at that game. Poured down all day, and we were all in t-shirts because it wasn't even cold. Watched it up behind the goals at the Geelong end.

Weird what you remember.

1921 Semi-final - Richmond 115 Geelong 54. Tigers win flag.:trophy:
1934 Semi-final - Richmond 134 Geelong 50. Tigers win flag.:trophy:
1967 Grand Final - Richmond 114 Geelong 105. :trophy:
1969 Semi-final - Richmond 167 Geelong 49. Tigers win flag.:trophy:
1980 Semi-final - Richmond 95 Geelong 71. Tigers win flag.:trophy:
2017 Qualifying final - Richmond 91 Geelong 40. Tigers win flag.:trophy:
2019 Preliminary final - Richmond 85 Geelong 66. Tigers win flag.:trophy:
2020 Grand Final - Richmond 81 Geelong 50.:trophy:

Thanks for being there for us Geelong.

It's bizarre how things play out.

Geelong have a very, very similar finals relationship with Collingwood. There have only been two premiership years where we didn't beat Collingwood along the way (1931 and 1963). Very odd.

This thread made me laugh today.

The Welcome to East Germany on the thread reminds me when my wife and I were crossing from Spain into Gibraltar. The Spanish gusy couldn't find our visas - an entire page each. Go across to Gibraltar and they asked what was going on. We said they couldn't find our visa's. He laughed and said 'East Germany, the west'.

Anyway, back to the premise. tigers on the way back up and the Cats sliding to a Jezza + whatever team. Well done for 2022, and goodnight, all is over now.

This thread made me laugh today.

The Welcome to East Germany on the thread reminds me when my wife and I were crossing from Spain into Gibraltar. The Spanish gusy couldn't find our visas - an entire page each. Go across to Gibraltar and they asked what was going on. We said they couldn't find our visa's. He laughed and said 'East Germany, the west'.

Anyway, back to the premise. tigers on the way back up and the Cats sliding to a Jezza + whatever team. Well done for 2022, and goodnight, all is over now.

Geelong definitely on the way down, but so is Richmond.

Sonsie and Gibcus are decent (Cumberland I am still not sure about) but other than that, not sure if many of your kids (on exposed AFL form) will make it, and you basically traded 2 decent national draft hauls for Taranto and Hopper.

Think Richmond are still good and talented enough to play finals this year, but a fair way off from the premier teams in the comp.

But I have been wrong before many times before so I am not totally writing the Tiges off, but it's hard to see you winning another flag in the Dusty and Dimma era.

Sonsie and Gibcus are decent (Cumberland I am still not sure about) but other than that, not sure if many of your kids (on exposed AFL form) will make it, and you basically traded 2 decent national draft hauls for Taranto and Hopper.

Think Richmond are still good and talented enough to play finals this year, but a fair way off from the premier teams in the comp.

But I have been wrong before many times before so I am not totally writing the Tiges off, but it's hard to see you winning another flag in the Dusty and Dimma era.

This would have to be the only serious post I've seen you make when Richmond are involved Elmer, are you feeling ok?

We are done unless Dimma sorts out our forward line quick smart. Opposition teams are moving it out of our 50 way too easy.

This thread is a good idea for the sanity and comfort of the broader BF community :)

Coaches: Hardwick takes this cake, obviously. What he did with a limited list, and how that limited list maintained excellence and rose to the occasion in finals 3 in 4 years, is testament to that.

I think Cotch vs Selwood is a better comparison. Two skippers. Dustin is not a skipper! Cotch wins by TKO, ouch!

Hawk over Jack, however, I think Jack's personality traits, facial expressions, use of public transport etc have affected many people's assessment of how good and ESSENTIAL he was to RFC. He is not fully appreciated, how can someone who is not intellectually brilliant let's say politely, be such a footy IQ genius, and was such early on. In 2017 he was the single KPF. Astonishing really.

It's unpopular to play both sides in threads like this, but both are supremely well run clubs.

Both need a year or two hitting the draft in the near future, but won't be down for long. Especially with FA and such.

Until the vast majority of clubs get their **** together, the best run clubs will still remain at the top. It's why Essendon, Carlton, St Kilda, North, etc have spent the entirety of this century living off promise, rather than results.

It could change, don't get me wrong...but I'll believe it when I see it. There's been so many false dawns & failed promises.

We are done unless Dimma sorts out our forward line quick smart. Opposition teams are moving it out of our 50 way too easy.

I would be worried if you lose to the mediocre Dogs next week, a team I think Richmonf should beat by 3 or 4 goals

It's unpopular to play both sides in threads like this, but both are supremely well run clubs.

Both need a year or two hitting the draft in the near future, but won't be down for long. Especially with FA and such.

Until the vast majority of clubs get their **** together, the best run clubs will still remain at the top. It's why Essendon, Carlton, St Kilda, North, etc have spent the entirety of this century living off promise, rather than results.

It could change, don't get me wrong...but I'll believe it when I see it. There's been so many false dawns & failed promises.

Carlton won't win the flag this year but I feel like we have turned the corner and finally about to deliver on the promise and expectations we have had for so long.

We finally are drafting and developing players from non first round/top ten picks (Durdin is a ripper) and picked up some very handy recruits from other clubs for bargain prices (Hewett, Lewis Young, Acres etc)

I would be worried if you lose to the mediocre Dogs next week, a team I think Richmonf should beat by 3 or 4 goals

Carlton won't win the flag this year but I feel like we have turned the corner and finally about to deliver on the promise and expectations we have had for so long.

We finally are drafting and developing players from non first round/top ten picks (Durdin is a ripper) and picked up some very handy recruits from other clubs for bargain prices (Hewett, Lewis Young, Acres etc)
Sure, but again it's going to need to be set in stone before it's genuine. We all saw what happened last year.

Anyway, the point still stands. Even if Carlton have finally figured it out, the majority of clubs haven't. Richmond & Geelong have both the proven track record, and people in the right places to either not go down, or not go down for long.

It's not a popular take around here, as it's more important to be young and rubbish than old and competing, but it's the way it is.

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Geelong V Richmond - GO!

Back