Banter Geelong V Richmond - GO!

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who are the GOATS?

• Selwood

Votes: 97 41.5%
  • Dusty

Votes: 145 62.0%
  • Hawkins

Votes: 78 33.3%
  • J. Riewoldt

Votes: 53 22.6%
  • C.Scott

Votes: 68 29.1%
  • Hardwick

Votes: 65 27.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

In the interests of keeping your back and forth shite fights out of match threads so normal people can talk.

Keep it clean and above the shorts
Off topic rubbish clogging up match threads will be moved here, knock yourselves out.

homero-pelea-simpsons.gif

Last edited:
such a joy that you have had such a mediocre amount of success with 10 flags. I’m so jealous tell me more.
How old do you think i am? 130?

Why would flags before i was old enough to follow football matter to me at all?

I certainly have a lot of joy smashing richmond each season. Trying to convince me that you enjoyed those games as much as me is insanity. Thus i conclude you are trolling. Yes?

Yes because you got two marquee games and you had a million people turn out to watch Martin’s 300th.
Well done. Seem’s very fair weather to me. Where were you all every other week

Lol pies, blues, bombers get marquee games heck even the cats do easter Monday ring a bell, and that's just the fixture glad we got that sorted.
The season is over 23 games, not one. Your mob got 87K v the blues at the G "blues away game" this inflated the cats crowd by playing their home game at the G but these things happen.

So to get 1 million through the gate you need to be consistent in attendance throughout the 23 games, that almost 44K a game the numbers don't lie.

Lol pies, blues, bombers get marquee games heck even the cats do easter Monday ring a bell, and that's just the fixture glad we got that sorted.
The season is over 23 games, not one. Your mob got 87K v the blues at the G "blues away game" this inflated the cats crowd by playing their home game at the G but these things happen.

So to get 1 million through the gate you need to be consistent in attendance throughout the 23 games, that almost 44K a game the numbers don't lie.

The cats don’t claim to be a massive club with a huge following, though, and trot out the garbage you have tried to in this thread, and play the ‘my club is bigger than yours’ game week after week whenever we lose a match.

Lol my bad meant 1987 (edited) Richmond entered the league in 1908 and have won 13 flags. Glad we got that sorted

There have been 18 teams since 2012. There have been 18 teams fully established with fully funded football departments since about 2015. Flags have been toughest to win since then.

We have 3.

Which is 3 x as many as Geechoke.

Because just like if you go back through the whole history of both clubs, they are simply not as good as us at winning flags. Bloody good at "at least we make it" though. 🤣

There have been 18 teams since 2012. There have been 18 teams fully established with fully funded football departments since about 2015. Flags have been toughest to win since then.

We have 3.

Which is 3 x as many as Geechoke.

Because just like if you go back through the whole history of both clubs, they are simply not as good as us at winning flags. Bloody good at "at least we make it" though. 🤣

You’re plenty good at making excuses when you don’t, I’ll give you that.

The cats don’t claim to be a massive club with a huge following, though, and trot out the garbage you have tried to in this thread, and play the ‘my club is bigger than yours’ game week after week whenever we lose a match.

What the heck are you on about.
I didn't once mention how big or small your club is what I did mention was in reply to your post that Richmond had two marquee games and the dusty game was in inflated.

My reply was not only Richmond having Marquee games so do the pies, blues and bombers and well even the cats in the Easter Monday clash plus having a Home game against the blues at the G which inflated the crowd number. This being said that for Dusty's 300th of course it was inflated to over 92,000.
Don't think anyone is disputing that.
There is always going to be games which are going to give teams a higher number in attendance a milestone, a marquee game pretty self-explanatory.

But we are a more successful club than you so yeah.
Defa not in the professional AFL era. Have been huge failures. Outside of 17-20 since the comp went national in 1990 id say you are probably the worst performing club im the league.

Overall you have a losing club, and it seems like as a fan you are adjusted to a losing mentality also.

Will serve you well discussing draft picks with norf for the next decade

Defa not in the professional AFL era. Have been huge failures. Outside of 17-20 since the comp went national in 1990 id say you are probably the worst performing club im the league.

Overall you have a losing club, and it seems like as a fan you are adjusted to a losing mentality also.

Moving the goalposts to cope is not healthy. It’s literally delusion.

Lmfaooooo that's just utterly wrong you can't say outside of 17-20 :rolleyes:

So should i say from 2017 Richmond is the most successful side and the answer would be of course we are as I'm painting a narrative to suit my argument like you are trying to do by removing 2017 to 2020 as a way to paint a certain narrative. It doesn't work like that..

Im not sure why you keep saying the AFL era. It is the same comp just a name change due to expansion.

You think 1990 the game suddenly went ultra professional just coming off the 80s.

If you said from the 2000's the age of the digital world, new undercover stadium Docklands it would lend some weight to your argument as being more professional but the bottom line is this great game of ours started in 1897 FACT

Anyways, to appease your AFL era the most successful teams are as follows.
Wow tigers equal 3rd 👍

Hawks 5
Eagles 4, Cats 4
Tigers 3, Lions 3, Pies 3
Swans 2
Bombers 2
North 2
Crows 2
Port 1
Dogs 1
Dees 1

How old do you think i am? 130?

Why would flags before i was old enough to follow football matter to me at all?

I certainly have a lot of joy smashing richmond each season. Trying to convince me that you enjoyed those games as much as me is insanity. Thus i conclude you are trolling. Yes?
Watched the 1967 granny last night.
Magnificent.
Roycey Hart!
Francis Bourke!
Kevin Bartlett!
Billy Barrot!
Dick Clay!

Gods!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lmfaooooo that's just utterly wrong you can't say outside of 17-20 :rolleyes:

So should i say from 2017 Richmond is the most successful side and the answer would be of course we are as I'm painting a narrative to suit my argument like you are trying to do by removing 2017 to 2020 as a way to paint a certain narrative. It doesn't work like that..

Im not sure why you keep saying the AFL era. It is the same comp just a name change due to expansion.

You think 1990 the game suddenly went ultra professional just coming off the 80s.

If you said from the 2000's the age of the digital world, new undercover stadium Docklands it would lend some weight to your argument as being more professional but the bottom line is this great game of ours started in 1897 FACT

Anyways, to appease your AFL era the most successful teams are as follows.
Wow tigers equal 3rd 👍

Hawks 5
Eagles 4, Cats 4
Tigers 3, Lions 3, Pies 3
Swans 2
Bombers 2
North 2
Crows 2
Port 1
Dogs 1
Dees 1
Im not removing it, im just looking at the big picture since the competition went professional full time and national richmond over a 34yr patch richmond have overwhelmingly been a failure outside of a small patch of 4years. Its a fact

Watched the 1967 granny last night.
Magnificent.
Roycey Hart!
Francis Bourke!
Kevin Bartlett!
Billy Barrot!
Dick Clay!

Gods!!!
Some bloody good players I only remember KB not old enough to see most of the rest. Still rank him as the best Tiger player I've seen. Dusty a close second. Quick question what were your feelings at the time when Ablett Sr seemed like he had a personal grudge against the Tigers most times he played them

Rising star noms with the new draftees and developing the kids. Don’t care about the W/L
Ahh thats the spirit. Keep your standards looooowww son. You have many years of “draft picks” to look forward to
bart simpson loser GIF

Question good sir: what will you be looking forward to seeing in 2025 from Richmond?? Perhaps we can brainstorm some SMART goals together for a low-achieving club to avoid dissappointment.
I see what you did there by calling him Sir. In the Army if you call the wrong person Sir the normal reply is "Don't call me that I work for a living"

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Geelong V Richmond - GO!

Back