Banter Geelong V Richmond - GO!

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who are the GOATS?

• Selwood

Votes: 91 44.0%
  • Dusty

Votes: 120 58.0%
  • Hawkins

Votes: 73 35.3%
  • J. Riewoldt

Votes: 44 21.3%
  • C.Scott

Votes: 63 30.4%
  • Hardwick

Votes: 58 28.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

In the interests of keeping your back and forth shite fights out of match threads so normal people can talk.

Keep it clean and above the shorts
Off topic rubbish clogging up match threads will be moved here, knock yourselves out.

homero-pelea-simpsons.gif

Last edited:

I wonder if Dimma finds some kind of sick satisfaction in being the one to condemn Richmond to their 3rd wooden spoon this century?

He's distraught.

face crying GIF

I said all things being equal. Your satisfaction of a flag is irrelevant.

I’m surprised you wouldn’t be more satisfied with 2008 tbh. You’d be giving us shit for not getting a 3peat and you know it.
Sorry I'll pretend to be dissatisfied to ease your insecurities.

I honestly have zero care factor on how any supporter views the successes of their club. It's when they pathetically try to diminish others that I will happily ridicule them.

Sorry I'll pretend to be dissatisfied to ease your insecurities.

I honestly have zero care factor on how any supporter views the successes of their club. It's when they pathetically try to diminish others that I will happily ridicule them.

It’s not ridicule to say 3peats and 3 in 4’s are better than 3 in 5s.

It’s mathematically true.

And GAS let his team down for over a decade 🤣
By kicking over 1000 goals?

Listen to what you are saying……

I don’t really like saying this, and in every day life I try not to. But I don’t think you’re all there. To the point where you actually believe your own rubbish.
That’s a dangerous place to be.
I once had manager like that and man it didn’t end great for him.
And I don’t say that lightly.

You’ve just stated that a player who is considered by many as the greatest of all time, in the history of the sport, who kicked over 1000 goals, let his team down for over 10 years…?

Sorry but I now know I’m communicating with someone who isn’t stable.
Sorry but I have to end this now.
I’m out.
Goodluck.

I don’t really like saying this, and in every day life I try not to. But I don’t think you’re all there. To the point where you actually believe your own rubbish.

You’ve just stated that a player who is considered by many as the greatest of all time, in the history of the sport, who kicked over 1000 goals, let his team down for over 10 years…?

I’m out.
Goodluck.

I don’t believe most of this rubbish mate it’s just banter.

Idk why you keep thinking I’m serious, I’ve told you many times. I know ur joking too 👍

I’m out.
Goodluck.

Heard Hawkins did a lap or something today? Has he officially retired as of now or will he possibly play in a final?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Joke of a club.
Back to irrelevancy for the next 20 years. It's what Richmond do best.
Your loving it.
I read some of your posts from time to time.
Like some angst ridden pimply kid it’s funny.
What I like is where it comes from.
The deep hurt or playing us in 12 finals but only winning two.
That your win loss at home since 2009 at 81% far and away better than any other club though your away games are on par with all other teams. But still a poor finals record.
If you do win another flag sometime in the next 30 years you’ll finally be able to say you’ve had more success without Dank and “The Weapon” at your club.
What was it..?
60 years?

You know, when Tassie come in you’ll be playing less games at home.
Let’s keep an eye on whether it’s still as easy to make finals when you can’t rely on 9 wins a season.

Your loving it.
That your win loss at home since 2009 at 81% far and away better than any other club though your away games are on par with all other teams. But still a poor finals record.
If you do win another flag sometime in the next 30 years you’ll finally be able to say you’ve had more success without Dank and “The Weapon” at your club.
What was it..?
60 years?

Let’s keep an eye on whether it’s still as easy to make finals when you can’t rely on 9 wins a season.

I skipped most of what you just typed but I found the last paragraph interesting.
You know how poor we've been this year at home?

Give this current squad more games at the MCG thanks.

I skipped most of what you just typed but I found the last paragraph interesting.
You know how poor we've been this year at home?

Give this current squad more games at the MCG thanks.
It won’t be more games at the g dopey

I know you're not trying to be critical and I honestly don't care if people rate Brisbane, Hawthorn and Richmond's eras more highly than Geelong's, but to say Geelong can't be considered a dynasty because they never went back-to-back is just plain wrong, as far as I'm concerned.

BY DEFINITION - what Geelong has achieved from 2007 until 2022 or beyond is MUCH closer to a dynasty than what Brisbane, Hawthorn or Richmond did. Brisbane and Richmond aren't even close.

That - to me - is overhauling the entire team between 2007 and 2022, with only one player lining up in both grand final teams, while remaining in contention almost constantly through that entire period, never missing top four in consecutive seasons.

How is a dynasty the same coach, same captain, practically the same superstars, practically the same team rolling out for a period of four years of dominance and then going straight into the wilderness indefinitely once people start leaving? Why do people call it that? It's simply not. Give it another word.

I dunno, I think you are twisting words a bit to try to place Geelong above all which is fine, we all view things through our own lense. You guys have done something pretty incredible which is you have rebuilt and changed a lot of personnel over a 15 year period while mostly staying in contention to win the flag. No other side has done that.

If we are trying to be objective and measure things without bias. Hawks and Brisbane were able to do what it took Geelong 5 years to do and Richmond 4 years to do. Hawks even got the same number of flags that took Geelong 15 years in 8 years. But we don't really consider 2008 as part of their dynasty due to the change in personnel, the time they missed finals and the gaps between premierships.

Obviously the side we barrack for gives us the most joy so they will always be our favourite periods of success but it's pretty easy to remove the emotion and rank where these sides sit due to the flags they won. Top 4 finishes are great and all for supporters but it's pretty irrelevant.

Your loving it.
What was it..?
60 years?

He's far harsher with Carlton.

The second bolded statement is likely the most pathetic thing you've ever posted.

Congrats on a new personal best.

We shouldn’t be fighting with one another …. Life is too short to be in constant hostilities towards each other. Why not just celebrate each clubs achievements?

I dunno, I think you are twisting words a bit to try to place Geelong above all which is fine, we all view things through our own lense. You guys have done something pretty incredible which is you have rebuilt and changed a lot of personnel over a 15 year period while mostly staying in contention to win the flag. No other side has done that.

I'm not twisting anything. I don't care if people think the great Brisbane, Hawthorn and Richmond teams were better than the great Geelong team(s). I'm simply saying that people suggesting that premiership eras like Brisbane and Richmond had were dynasties while Geelong's isn't because they didn't go B2B have the definition of "dynasty" completely arse-about.

How long has it been since each AFL team has missed top four in two consecutive years?

Adelaide: 0 years
Brisbane: 7 years (2017/18)
Carlton: 0 years
Collingwood: 4 years (2020/21)
Essendon: 0 years
Fremantle: 0 years
Geelong: 19 years (2005/06)
Gold Coast: 0 years
GWS: 1 year (2022/23)
Hawthorn: 0 years
Melbourne: 5 years (2019/20)
North Melbourne: 0 years
Port Adelaide: 6 years (2018/19)
Richmond: 0 years
St Kilda: 0 years
Sydney: 4 years (2020/21)
West Coast: 0 years
Western Bulldogs: 0 years

One of those is not like the others. It's why 51 men can call themselves Geelong premiership players of the modern era. It's why Geelong players from the modern era fill out three of the top five spots in the all time list of finals matches played, including Harry Taylor, who didn't even come that close to playing 300 games in his AFL career.

Because we've fronted up, again and again, year after year and made a mark in September for two decades, without as much as two consecutive years where we've finished lower than fourth on the ladder.

Exactly right.

But it’s even simpler than that, they haven’t achieved what the others have (at least 3 flags including b2b) so can’t be part of the club.

Everybody including Geelong supporters know they are the odd ones out with the lack of b2b. They just don’t care and don’t mind sneaking into the club without anybody looking. I get it, it’s a great club.

Lolllll.
Dynasty teams don't have fake crowd noise at their cheat grounds.

So hang on.

You’ve said a number of times you don’t have an issue with the ground.

Now you do?

What’s changed?

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Geelong V Richmond - GO!

Back