Banter Geelong V Richmond - GO!

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who are the GOATS?

• Selwood

Votes: 92 44.2%
  • Dusty

Votes: 121 58.2%
  • Hawkins

Votes: 73 35.1%
  • J. Riewoldt

Votes: 44 21.2%
  • C.Scott

Votes: 63 30.3%
  • Hardwick

Votes: 58 27.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

In the interests of keeping your back and forth shite fights out of match threads so normal people can talk.

Keep it clean and above the shorts
Off topic rubbish clogging up match threads will be moved here, knock yourselves out.

homero-pelea-simpsons.gif

Last edited:
Why do Richmond supporters hate Geelong so much? I don't get it.

Not our fault you were so terrible for a few decades and we took advantage.

You should be happy you got revenge in finals when it counted.

What is the true root of the anger exactly?

With all due respect to you rf7, I hate Geelong. For, but not limited to, the following reasons:

- you(Geelong) whinged when Fred Swift took a grab comfortably inside the line in the 1967 GF, that it cost you the game, which makes no sense at all as we beat you by more than 1 goal.

- you sent us Taylor Hunt.

- your supporters are unbelievably entitled.

- your ground is a cheat ground.

- you whinge about any benefit any other team ever gets whilst ignoring your own huge benefits.

- you get a cheat draw every year

- Chris Scott is a twat.

- Hocking was clearly conflicted whilst working at the AFL and clearly worked to Geelong's benefit whilst in that position, and why wouldn't he? He knew he was going back to his beloved cats as CEO.

- This was followed by a period of your coach's twin brother occupying the same role at the AFL, which Geelong no doubt used to their advantage.

- People with Geelong loyalties have a heavy presence in the media and we hear nauseating embellishment of anything good achieved by any Geelong player, coach, whoever.

- Your club leeches off the Victorian Government.

- You cheat the salary cap.

- You employed the weapon and Dank, known drug cheating campaigners.

- You cried when our supporters cheered our team enthusiastically in the 2017 QF that it was "too loud."

- Patrick Dangerfield plays for you.

- Geelong players are over-represented in AA teams by a factor of at least 2, another one of your club's dodgy endeavours.

- Your club is sniffing around every junkie or women basher who has any footy talent it thinks it can get cheap Bailey Sniff, Jack Stevens, Stengle, Taryn Thomas, the list goes on.

- You never have an exciting young team, just a whole lot of old boring campaigners.

- You clog the finals up year after year, normally for no beneficial purpose.

- Hawkins is a push-players-into-traffic dog, Dangerfield is a forearm to the head at top speed dog, Selwood was a slithering shoulder shrugging snake, Cameron is an uncontested weak prick.

- Stengle passes out in a nightclub in highly suspicious circumstances, geelong media arm into full swing the whole thing under the carpet within 24 hours. Dusty falsely accused of threatening someone with chopsticks, lol, media storm for months on end.

- Tigers dominate the competition no campaigner can move the ball against us, Geelong mafia goes into full meltdown with state of the game nonsense. Turns the game into what used to be known as modified rules for under 9's.

Apart from that I don't really have too many hard feelings against the Cats. :tearsofjoy:

Last edited:
With all due respect to you rf7, I hate Geelong. For, but not limited to, the following reasons:

- you(Geelong) whinged when Fred Swift took a grab comfortably inside the line in the 1967 GF, that it cost you the game, which makes no sense at all as we beat you by more than 1 goal.

- you whinge about any benefit any other team ever gets whilst ignoring your own huge benefits.

- Chris Scott is a twat.

- Hocking was clearly conflicted whilst working at the AFL and clearly worked to Geelong's benefit whilst in that position, and why wouldn't he? He knew he was going back to his beloved cats as CEO.

- This was followed by a period of your coach's twin brother occupying the same role at the AFL, which Geelong no doubt used to their advantage.

- People with Geelong loyalties have a heavy presence in the media and we hear nauseating embellishment of anything good achieved by any Geelong player, coach, whoever.

- Your club leeches of the Victorian Government.

- You cried when our supporters cheered our team enthusiastically in the 2017 QF that it was "too loud."

- Geelong players are over-represented in AA teams by a factor of at least 2, another one of your club's dodgy endeavours.

- Your club is sniffing around every junkie or women basher who has any footy talent it thinks it can get cheap Bailey Sniff, Jack Stevens, Stengle, Taryn Thomas, the list goes on.

- You never have an exciting young team, just a whole lot of old boring campaigners.

- Hawkins is a push-players-into-traffic dog, Dangerfield is a forearm to the head at top speed dog, Selwood was a slithering shoulder shrugging snake, Cameron is an uncontested weak prick.

- Stengle passes out in a nightclub in highly suspicious circumstances, geelong media arm into full swing the whole thing under the carpet within 24 hours. Dusty falsely accused of threatening someone with chopsticks, lol, media storm for months on end.

- Tigers dominate the competition no campaigner can move the ball against us, Geelong mafia goes into full meltdown with state of the game nonsense. Turns the game into what used to be known as modified rules for under 9's.

Apart from that I don't really have too many hard feelings against the Cats. :tearsofjoy:

Is that it?

- Chris Scott is a twat.

- Your club leeches of the Victorian Government.

The true tiger BF King has entered the building. You have more beef with the Cats than me 🤣

Watch them come out at sook at this post saying everything isn’t true. PB will probably make a metaphor about table tennis or something after he insults your intelligence (again)

The true tiger BF King has entered the building. You have more beef with the Cats than me 🤣

Watch them come out at sook at this post saying everything isn’t true. PB will probably make a metaphor about table tennis or something after he insults your intelligence (again)

Wouldn’t be worth it. You’d never understand it anyway. You don’t understand straight out football comparisons. How will you ever get a metaphor or simile or euphemism.

No I do. You don’t hence why you go to other sports where sometimes it’s not a valid comparison.

Except it is and you still can’t grasp them. Even literally today you couldn’t grasp a simple one from the previous time the afl expanded and a wooden spoon team drafted three future premiership players, two of them all Australians, that exact year 😂

Except it is and you still can’t grasp them. Even literally today you couldn’t grasp a simple one from the previous time the afl expanded and a wooden spoon team drafted three future premiership players, two of them all Australians, that exact year 😂

Mate your cross sport metaphors are generally about 3 levels below ludicrous. Ben "Moments" Stokes first player you'd pick. :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Hell, even the year after - the worst team in the comp that wasn’t the Suns - Port - who had already started amongst that group of cellar dwellers during the first Suns draft. They picked up Wingard after the Giants had had their fill. A dual all Australian, he helped them start their rise back to the finals, then guess what he landed them? Connor Rozee. Hell even Richmond landed Brandon Ellis from that draft.

Mate your cross sport metaphors are generally about 3 levels below ludicrous. Ben "Moments" Stokes first player you'd pick. :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Here comes big brother to stick up for the only person who believes in him.

The second most successful captain in test history and he’s just getting started.

Here comes big brother to stick up for the only person who believes in him.

The second most successful captain in test history and he’s just getting started.

Only trouble is test cricket is fourth rate these days.

And "only getting started" doesn't count for shit when you are talking about win %. The bloke has won 17 matches as skipper(and lost 9.) 5 of his matches as skipper have been against WI 3rd xi & Ireland combined. So basically unlosable for one of the top 5 or 6 nations. 17 of his matches have been at home and 10 away. So his captaincy record is middling at best. Much like his cricketing record.

Second most successful captain in history. :tearsofjoy:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only trouble is test cricket is fourth rate these days.

And "only getting started" doesn't count for shit when you are talking about win %. The bloke has won 17 matches as skipper(and lost 9.) 5 of his matches as skipper have been against WI 3rd xi & Ireland combined. So basically unlosable for one of the top 5 or 6 nations. 17 of his matches have been at home and 10 away. So his captaincy record is middling at best. Much like his cricketing record.

Second most successful captain in history. :tearsofjoy:

Yeah well Australia didn’t beat the West Indies so there’s that.

Yeah well Australia didn’t beat the West Indies so there’s that.

Lol Australia have won 24 of the last 26 tests decided between WI and Australia.

So the 1 recent test loss was something of an outlier, same as it would be if the poms lost to them.

Ben Stokes record as a test cricketer v the might and power of the WI 3rd xi....9 wins 3 draws 6 losses. As skipper, 3w 1l.

Forgive me if I am unimpressed with your great cross sport metaphor subject Ben Stokes.

Lol Australia have won 24 of the last 26 tests decided between WI and Australia.

So the 1 recent test loss was something of an outlier, same as it would be if the poms lost to them.

Ben Stokes record as a test cricketer v the might and power of the WI 3rd xi....9 wins 3 draws 6 losses. As skipper, 3w 1l.

Forgive me if I am unimpressed with your great cross sport metaphor subject Ben Stokes.

I’m sorry I thought you were referencing their recent series win against the West Indies not his record against them as a player. That’s what I thought you meant when you were talking about his win percentage as captain. And it actually wouldn’t be much of an outlier if the Poms lost to them. They regained the series trophy when they won last month. The Windies have consistently beat them at home, and have won tests in England each of the last two times they’ve been there.

You raised the cross sport metaphors Metaphoric Rise. The only ones I’ve brought up in recent days have been to another AFL draft with expansion teams.

- Chris Scott is a twat.

- Your club leeches off the Victorian Government.

Sounds like a serious case of GDS.
Geelong Derangement Syndrome.

I suffer a bit from that. Playing Geelong in every finals series makes the flags feel a little cheap. But hey at least we got a dynasty

Why are you still here?

You are on record talking up Richmond all the while downplaying Geelong's chances all preseason long.

Richmond have just won themselves another wooden spoon. Are you switched on enough to recognise this?

Why are you still here?

You are on record talking up Richmond all the while downplaying Geelong's chances all preseason long.

Richmond have just won themselves another wooden spoon. Are you switched on enough to recognise this?

Are you switched on enough to realise my teams name is in the thread title which is why I’m here?

I’m surprised you aren’t a bot

Your team just won another wooden spoon so why are you here talking down the Geelong footy club who are about to embark upon another September's journey?

Why don't you go out tonight use some of that Centrelink money and get pissed?
Enjoy yourself. No one is interested in your club anymore.
We've finished close to 10 places higher than Richmond each season since 2020 and are 4-1 against the Tigers since then.

The only sense of rivalry between the supporter bases is MR and his grandson Cleany's obsessive rants against Geelong, and our puzzled responses about why that remains the case.

Why are you still here?

Mate do yourself a favor and put the pair of them on ignore. Hopefully they will then return to their villages before they have to elect a new Idiot

Your team just won another wooden spoon so why are you here talking down the Geelong footy club who are about to embark upon another September's journey?

Why don't you go out tonight use some of that Centrelink money and get pissed?
Enjoy yourself. No one is interested in your club anymore.

Cause 10 flags is crap

We've finished close to 10 places higher than Richmond each season since 2020 and are 4-1 against the Tigers since then.

The only sense of rivalry between the supporter bases is MR and his grandson Cleany's obsessive rants against Geelong, and our puzzled responses about why that remains the case.

In H&A 🤣 nobody cares

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Geelong V Richmond - GO!

Back