VFL Geelong VFL 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Putting Sav and Dahl in the centre bounce cost us.

I know they are experienced but the effort as no chop

GO Catters

Simmo was hit high then clear as day,,, no free

Killed our forward momentum then

WE had stopped running but still....

GO Catters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Putting Sav and Dahl in the centre bounce cost us.

I know they are experienced but the effort as no chop

GO Catters

Was terrible, Sav jumped far too early and passed where the ball would have been, put himself out of the contest, then Dahl front runs away from his opponent, who ends up sending the ball forward for a mark inside 50.
Horrendous play.

Was terrible, Sav jumped far too early and passed where the ball would have been, put himself out of the contest, then Dahl front runs away from his opponent, who ends up sending the ball forward for a mark inside 50.
Horrendous play.
I wpke people up yelling at that one.

Was POX

GO CAtters

Horrendous play.

Sav just isn't a ruckman. Or much else, unfortunately.

Dempsey
Neale
Willaims
Knevitt
Conway
Simpson
Willis.

All got things today that show they have a future.

GO Catters
Looking back on the game I agree - Toby aside who found it hard today with concussion 😀. But he should be on any “good” list so I will leave him there

Neale is just a good forward. VFL level for now but I have confidence will develop into a good AFL player. Don’t mind if it takes him another year either.

Dempsey was I thought very good today. Not flashy (good to know he doesn’t need to be) but was always “on screen” running. Had ~20 possessions, a handful of marks (2 or 3 contested) and should have kicked 3 goals (kicked the harder of the 3). Looks like team player

Knevitt just developing nicely. Not getting enough of it for midfielder but I think will as he develops his body

Williams best game today - at least his best qtr (third). Not 100% convinced but don’t need to be yet!

Simpson I was very happy for. Certainly at VFL level (which is where he will stay this year) he is very handy coming out of the backline)

Stevens is a watch for me. He really knows how to get the ball (although it is easier to that in defence with lots of short possessions). His disposal seems to not be elite for a half back? Hoping that improves as he could develop nicely?

“Bruce” I assume played managed minutes and did 2 or 3 things that looked like he has potential. Still needs to get pace of the game (even at vfl level)

Tsas just doesnt have it unfortunately. Maybe they give a third year given cat b but I think that is delaying the ineviatale.

Cegs was just ok today - but was playing against high quality AFL ruck. So good hitout for him

Was very disappointed with Sav and also Dal today. Both looked like they were putting effort in but frustrating - they looked like average VFL players

Jye was not as prolific today

All in all a pretty good effort as Blues had some very good AFL listed players

Shame to lose that, and some frustrating decisions and disposal. Pretty strong Blues team, their deck and blustery conditions so never going to be pretty.

• Neale. Skills, speed and balance is AFL, no question. Just has needs a few more Kgs and some pack marking coaching and a spot in AFL team. Re-sign a priority.
  • Willis. Not many possessions but was heartened that by involvement in many centre bounces. Doesn’t look express out of a contest but got to give some time to gauge that.
  • Stevens- big possessions and some key moments but not sure. Seems a little unsure of himself some moments and made some bad clangers even allowing for the wind.
  • Dempsey- so assured and instinctive. 4 more Kgs and 1 more preseason.
Great game back by Simpson. Would be close to a 23rd spot even on that.

Stevens, that no-hoper, got a lazy 35 disposals - kicking efficiency was down maybe due to the conditions. He'll play some AFL somewhere but probably not at Geelong given you-know-who is guaranteed a game however well - or badly - her performs.

Dempsey and Neale look like future AFL players but Neale might be gone before he plays another AFL game.

Esava is a nice chap but he hasn't earned another AFL game on today's effort.

I do wonder about the VFL coach: we need the VFL team to be playing finals and it's not happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back