VFL Geelong VFL 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stevens, that no-hoper, got a lazy 35 disposals - kicking efficiency was down maybe due to the conditions. He'll play some AFL somewhere but probably not at Geelong given you-know-who is guaranteed a game however well - or badly - her performs.

Dempsey and Neale look like future AFL players but Neale might be gone before he plays another AFL game.

Esava is a nice chap but he hasn't earned another AFL game on today's effort.

I do wonder about the VFL coach: we need the VFL team to be playing finals and it's not happening.
Stevens has always been an average kick. Though the narrative on this board is he’s a good kick.
Never deserved the good kick tag in the first place
35 disposals is impressive either way though

Stevens has always been an average kick. Though the narrative on this board is he’s a good kick.
Never deserved the good kick tag in the first place
35 disposals is impressive either way though
id like to see more of Stevens. His not as good initially as I thought.... but he has moments where I like what i see.
Is he flashing as high as Neale or Dempsey - no - but hes not as bad as some of the posts have him at IMO.

That said, I backed Cam Eardley to make it.

Nuff said.

GO Catters

Just check the score and Stats... Esava with 8 disposals for the game... Goes to show he is built like Tarzan but plays like Jayne
this is why Stats are misleading.

He didnt play a great game stats wise and was average at best so the numbers assessment ill accept.

He played like Tarzan however. Watch the game. The bloke is contesting everything, tackling hard and busting his gut to do the right thing.

not janye today.

GO Catters

id like to see more of Stevens. His not as good initially as I thought.... but he has moments where I like what i see.
Is he flashing as high as Neale or Dempsey - no - but hes not as bad as some of the posts have him at IMO.

That said, I backed Cam Eardley to make it.

Nuff said.

GO Catters
He might become an afl player but it won’t be next year
Could be a similar story to Bews and Simpson
We never know

Last edited:
Thing to remember
Have might become an afl player but it won’t be next year
Could be a similar story to Bews and Simpson
We never know
Which AFL player is he playing with each week to learn from in game situations.

No one. We dont have anyone back there of experience to help him.SO yup... id allow him more time to get better and if its another 2 years then so be it.

SDK getting all the spoils and rightly so but not sure it leaves much for others. Stevens gets more time for mine.

GO Catters

Sav just isn't a ruckman. Or much else, unfortunately.

Given our list squeeze at years end sav i reckon is gone.
Yes i know we wont delist him as hes contracted but i reckon hes an obvious 'trade somewhere else if he is willing for a late pick' candidate.

Yes i know we wont delist him as hes contracted but i reckon hes an obvious 'trade somewhere else if he is willing for a late pick' candidate.

Wonder if Melbourne may look at him - they really don't have much depth in the ruck, we know Daw has retired and there's uncertainty on the future of Jackson

I would say if Neale signs on and stays, we mite have to get a 4th rd pick for him as you say a list squeeze is on this year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know there was a few comments in this thread asking what happened to Narkle in the second half - while I didn't see anything mentioned in the clubs brief match review which had a focus on Willis, I did read on FB that Narkle hurt his calf, but no mention of severity

True. It'll be that cost benefit part of the list though. Will he be better than the pick we replace him with?
Depends - if moving on Ratugolea opens the spot to elevate Close or Atkins to the senior list, while still using a couple of draft picks, then surely it's the easiest of trades to get done

Maybe. Sav might not be adding much but he adds more than the average pick 50+ in my opinion.

That's not really what I was suggesting though

This are currently our provisional picks: 18, 36, 50, 51, 54 & 59

We need to elevate Atkins & Close to the senior list come seasons end, 2 players I'd rate as adding more than Ratugolea. So, if moving Ratugolea on for a late pick (throwaway pick) that won't necessarily be used in the draft but opens up a spot for one of those guys, while still allowing us to use our earlier picks on live selections is when it may become something of a net win

True. It'll be that cost benefit part of the list though. Will he be better than the pick we replace him with?

Hard to say. We got a future 3rd for josh walker and that got us sav. If we got a late 3rd for him or early 4th id take. We need the list spot really thats the benefit of trading him otherwise we have to delist someone that we dont want to delist.

That's not really what I was suggesting though

This are currently our provisional picks: 18, 36, 50, 51, 54 & 59

We need to elevate Atkins & Close to the senior list come seasons end, 2 players I'd rate as adding more than Ratugolea. So, if moving Ratugolea on for a late pick (throwaway pick) that won't necessarily be used in the draft but opens up a spot for one of those guys, while still allowing us to use our earlier picks on live selections is when it may become something of a net win
Or trade Sav for a future 3rd or 4th pick which we would use should Smith, Selwood, Ceglar, Menegola, Rohan even Hawk go.

Hard to say. We got a future 3rd for josh walker and that got us sav. If we got a late 3rd for him or early 4th id take. We need the list spot really thats the benefit of trading him otherwise we have to delist someone that we dont want to delist.

And that's the thing - with list decisions it's not always about looking at them in isolation (though it's an easy thing to do), but the flow on effect & how they interact to create the final list structure

Or trade Sav for a future 3rd or 4th pick which we would use should Smith, Selwood, Ceglar, Menegola, Rohan even Hawk go.
Even better option - the value of a future pick if you don't need it for the current year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back