Game Day Geelong vs Adelaide, Friday 21st July, 7:50pm @ Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its a fact. Look at sloane and selwood getting the same treatment from taggers and who is getting paid what. Either the umps are having their worst game of the year or it's deliberate (i hope the former).
I can't help if you can't use your eyes.

Bar motlop who might as well not be out there we have turned up. Team is working hard and contesting enough but skill errors and poor forward structure are hurting us.
No excuse for the lack of pressure and guys not willing to bend down to trap the ball instead of wanting it to bounce into their lap.
Shithouse effort.
To few doing all the work.
To many passengers.

Biggest problem is defensively, both in shutting down their movement and struggling to negate their actual attacks.

I actually don't think the margin is a fair reflection. Be interesting to see if they can keep it up or not, suspect this one could go down to the wire.

When you consider the 4-5 goal umpire advantage adelaide has thats a reasonable scoreline considering some of our players are playing poorly.

No doubt the crows are getting some gift frees and goals. But I think the cats are being outplayed too. Hopefully the cats turn up in the second half...and the umpires even things up (wishful thinking).

And the crowd are so feral tonight...worse than normal...which is saying something for Adelaide

Bews has been massive for us.

Really becoming well inside best 22 for us.

Go Catters

Adelaide aren't playing well, they are just willing themselves to the ball. Like Selwood does in the clutch minutes.

The issue for them is sustaining the intensity which is hard and their willing/scrappy play doesn't last for long periods. They are just jamming it on the boot forward and it's working. Teams don't do this for a reason, it doesn't work long term in a game.

Geelong actually look ok and I think they will come back. 75% chance they win IMO. Cats will carve them up when the intensity drops and when the shanks forward don't work anymore.

Umpiring has been unlucky so there is upside there.

It's time to inflict some serious mental scars on the crows

Our road trip record has not been great this year. crows zeroes to heroes at home. I don't think this game tells us much more than we need to avoid travelling for a final :eek:

Some of our guys are not game smart or too shy or something. Smith and Stanley should complain it seems to work for Jacobs...

but ... over all we are short of it. a few guys who are just trying not to drown but they know the water is a bit too deep for them.

Menegola playing really like a wafl player. Motlop is having more impact..it may just not be our night which is fine... but we need to find a way to look capable..at moment we as threatening as a knife made from lettuce

Lack of intensity again....

Oh my, same old problems not addressed.

i would have loved to see us come out looking to smash Adelaide and attack the footy relentlessly. But I really knew it wasn't going to happen.

Question is does this game follow the script of so many before it. Rubbish first half, massive come back in the second half??
I dont reckon we are lacking intensity. Intensity is good. Crows are up and about and everything coming off for them, test will be if we can keep it up. If we can then we're a chance, it will eventually go our way.

Well, apart from Duncan, Blitz and Bews, we have no other winners. Cats gotta close the gap on pressure and shut down stoppages. They getting way to many frees cause we are sagging off and lunging in to late to try and tackle. Fix the stoppages and get back in the game. Also think Adelaide spent a lot of tickets. Backing Scott to change the contests and big come back.

Sent from my VKY-L29 using Tapatalk
Think we are to slow across the ground need to go back to the one ruck and get a better balance in our back line , way too tall and lumbering back there

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its a fact. Look at sloane and selwood getting the same treatment from taggers and who is getting paid what. Either the umps are having their worst game of the year or it's deliberate (i hope the former).
I can't help if you can't use your eyes. You know it is possible for the team to play poorly and the umpires to be ten times worse. Or are you one of these PR idiots at afl house who believes umpires are so incredibly good at their job?

Bar motlop who might as well not be out there we have turned up. Team is working hard and contesting enough but skill errors and poor forward structure are hurting us.

I reckon Motlop looks better this week than last week.. You happy with Menegola?

The bottom line is, that up to now, the Crows have been very good....and some of our players are down....

Instead of recognizing how good the Crows have been, the usual culprits look for scapegoats...players, coach, umpires...What we need to see now is a lift in ball handling and disposal and see if Adelaide can keep their play at this level. We'll know more at 3QTR time...

Based on what we've seen so far I'd say we have plenty in the tank, Adelaide won't keep it up for four quarters.
Would love for us to dominate the 2nd half just to keep bruce and BT quiet.

Bruce can name every crow just by the smell but confused parsons and dangerfield.

No doubt the crows are getting some gift frees and goals. But I think the cats are being outplayed too. Hopefully the cats turn up in the second half...and the umpires even things up (wishful thinking).

And the crowd are so feral tonight...worse than normal...which is saying something for Adelaide

Not saying we aren't playing bad but it makes me mad that players are accountable for poor performances but umpires are not (and not just on this game either). AFL house run the game like absolute crap.

Adelaide aren't playing well, they are just willing themselves to the ball. Like Selwood does in the clutch minutes.

The issue for them is sustaining the intensity which is hard and their willing/scrappy play doesn't last for long periods. They are just jamming it on the boot forward and it's working. Teams don't do this for a reason, it doesn't work long term in a game.

Geelong actually look ok and I think they will come back. 75% chance they win IMO. Cats will carve them up when the intensity drops and when the shanks forward don't work anymore.

Umpiring has been unlucky so there is upside there.

It's time to inflict some serious mental scars on the crows

Surely your joking. 75% chance we win? I'd say it's maybe a 5% chance and that's being generous...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back