Preview Geelong vs Richmond, round 15, MCG Saturday June 25, 4.35pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was Dusty’s dads body just relocated back to Australia or was that earlier this year? There was something in the paper the other day, I wonder if that’s the reason why Dusty wasn’t available for the last game?

Last edited:

Cats kissed on the D*#k. Balta and Tarrant out when the key to their side beating us is their 2 pronged key forwards. Also sounds like Dusty may miss again. If you were choosing players to miss you’d pick Balta and Dusty as 1 & 2 given the match-ups.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

View attachment 1428051

Oh no, the media are on to it guys, 3x Premiership midfielder Dion Prestia is a good player.
But we have no good players except for Dustin Martin who carried us to three premierships but who is also incredibly overrated and nowhere near a great player. The Richmond hating experts on Facebook have spoken so it must be true

Cats kissed on the D*#k. Balta and Tarrant out when the key to their side beating us is their 2 pronged key forwards. Also sounds like Dusty may miss again. If you were choosing players to miss you’d pick Balta and Dusty as 1 & 2 given the match-ups.

Grimes and miller are pretty good match ups IMO. Tarrant played against Hawkins in our nab practice match and Hawkins flogged him. I don’t think he’s a great match up for him. I think Miller is a better match up for Hawkins

Hawkins, Cameron and Redhead destroyed us this time last year at the MCG combining for 15 goals.

We were missing Grimes that night but still had the likes of Astbury and Houli playing and Balta played.

Bit worried, they won't need much supply to put the game beyond doubt.

Cat board has Stengle fifth in their MVP voting.

Cameron 523, Blicavs 442,
Stewart 409, Hawkins 320,
Stengle 262 Dangerfield 250,
Atkins 225, Guthrie 218,
Selwood 210

Cat board has Stengle fifth in their MVP voting.

Cameron 523, Blicavs 442,
Stewart 409, Hawkins 320,
Stengle 262 Dangerfield 250,
Atkins 225, Guthrie 218,
Selwood 210

Rioli will put Stengle to sleep. Broad will flog Rohan if he plays. Grimes can hopefully do to Cameron what he did to Curnow. So Hawkins the big worry without Balta or Tarrant …. just can’t see Miller or Gibcus able to contain him…. if he gets supply he will kick a bag.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shankerfield should be back for them which will help. Give Gibcus an even contest as it's not getting kicked to their advantage.

IN: MRJ, Miller, Ross, Dusty (if fit), Parker (if dusty is not fit)

OUT: Balta, Tarrant, Clarke, Edwards (Sub)

Clean swap between Edwards and MRJ, once again MRJ is going to offer more this game, Geelong dont like to be under pressure and MRJ loves to put pressure on. Match made in heaven.

Balta for Miller, clean swap.

Tarrant for Parker, this is an interesting one. Obviously Tarrant and Balta can't be replaced both at the same time. I would say that Miller takes Cameron and Grimes takes Porkins. I feel that Parker can double team one of either Jeremy or Tom or could 'float' in the backline. One of their two forwards if bound to get off the chain especially when we have outs but if Parker down back doesn't work we could always swap the magnets around, Parker is good all-round so their might be a calculated risk in putting him in the side.

Dusty for Clarke if he plays.

Rioli will put Stengle to sleep. Broad will flog Rohan if he plays. Grimes can hopefully do to Cameron what he did to Curnow. So Hawkins the big worry without Balta or Tarrant …. just can’t see Miller or Gibcus able to contain him…. if he gets supply he will kick a bag.

Cameron is a significantly better footballer than Curnow, and he's a fair bit bigger too with his reach.

Balta is probably the 1 player you'd want to pencil in for this week given his size, strength and athleticism as I'd trust him on either Hawkins or Cameron. Grimes probably gives away a little bit too much size than you'd prefer for either, however if both Tarrant and Balta are out then we need to make something work.

Unfortunately, we probably have to do something like:

Miller to Hawkins (huge risk for us, Hawkins would enjoy this match up.)
Grimes /Gibcus to Cameron (Gibcus follows him up the ground, Grimes stays in defensive 50.

Then instruct Nathan Broad that his role all evening is to sit in the holes in front of the leading lanes for both of them. If they're going to beat us, try and force it to be taking big pack marks, not hitting leading lanes which is their bread and butter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back