Player Watch Round 11 v Essendon - Dreamtime At The G - MCG Saturday May 25th 7.40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coulthart plays in the VFL must of got through training, stiff
Ridiculous ... bring in this legend of an indigenous bloke ... that beats his opponent by running him into the ground ... does all the team stuff ... make him sub ..

then Drop him for Dreamtime

Beginning to think Yze doesn't have the ability to read the room

Last edited:

Noticed a few times in the presser that Yze managed a smile and even a little giggle, apologies to anyone who takes offence to that. Also noticed there was a bit of laughter in the background as fans were in attendance for open training today. Again, apologies for any offence caused.

Even though I understand why Yze does it, I didn't like the way he spoke about the younger players in his press conference.
It's like he uses them as a crutch when it comes to media as he can't admit that it's been our senior players that have been letting us down recently.

Ridiculous ... bring in this legend of an indigenous bloke ... that beats his opponent by running him into the ground ... does all the team stuff ... make him sub ..

then Drop him for Dreamtime

Beginning to think Yze doesn't have the ability to read the room
Coulthard & Green lucky to be selected on the back of average VFL form. Smith is putting his hand up. Not sure if any of them are retained next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Coulthard & Green lucky to be selected on the back of average VFL form. Smith is putting his hand up. Not sure if any of them are retained next year.
I think Coulthard and Green would have to be on the chopping block atm. We have too many underperforming small forwards on the list to keep them all.

Smith is essentially in his first year due to missing last year with injury, so I think he'll get another year.

We're the only team in the league who hasn't had a single forward with over 40 I50 targets, with Lefau leading with 39, Lynch 36 and Balta 33. Hawthorn is 2nd worse with only Chol having over 40 targets with 41 so far. If they are moving Balta back as many believe we will with Young being omitted, we're certainly going to be up against it trying to generate F50 entries with Lefau and Ryan as our main targets.

We're the only team in the league who hasn't had a single forward with over 40 I50 targets, with Lefau leading with 39, Lynch 36 and Balta 33. Hawthorn is 2nd worse with only Chol having over 40 targets with 41 so far. If they are moving Balta back as many believe we will with Young being omitted, we're certainly going to be up against it trying to generate F50 entries with Lefau and Ryan as our main targets.
May surprise

Shedda’s Richmond return​

Shane Edwards is Richmond’s Homecoming Hero for Saturday night's Dreamtime at the 'G clash with Essendon.

Finally someone we can actually get around, compared to the likes of Deledio or Conca

tigs2010 insert gif here

tigs2010 insert gif here
Pick 2

secret smell GIF

Balta was the second coming of Rance 2 years ago. Why did they f*ck with his development? Should have left him there and right now we’d have the best key back in the league

Because over summer Yze looked at our backline from 2024 onwards and saw options in : Gibcus, Miller, Young, Vlastuin, Brown, Tresize, Bauer, Grimes, Broad…

Then he looked at the forward line and saw an ageing and injury cooked Lynch and Kosi. Lefau wasn’t even on the list at that time, and Ryan isn’t ready to hold down a KPF slot.

So it’s not surprising he decided Balta needed to play forward if our team was any chance of being regularly competitive.

He wasn’t to know Gibcus would do his knee. He wasn’t to know Young would regress badly. He wasn’t to know Tresize, Bauer and Grimes would suffer lengthy injuries….

So maybe he will put Balta back out of necessity, but there’s no doubt he made the right call for the team to develop him as a forward. Bad luck is the main reason it hasn’t worked out thus far.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back