No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No cheats, whether drugs or money.

No pussies, cats squeal too much. Edit: lead by the 2 Ds i ducki'n'danger.

Can't stand Port.

No 4WDs. Roos would take the credit, and to me he doesn't have any credibility.

Giants and Tigers have coaches with Hawk connections, and I don't mind the crows, so one of the three, I guess.

Last edited:

No pussies, cats squeal too much.

Can't stand Port.

Giants and Tigers have coaches with Hawk connections, and I don't mind the crows, so one of the three, I guess.
Anything but the first two you mentioned.

No pussies, cats squeal too much.

Can't stand Port.

Reckon I am in the same boat as you Th.
Adelaide/GWS grannie is my preference.

Reckon I am in the same boat as you Th.
Adelaide/GWS grannie is my preference.

Even if GWS could win this year, I don't believe their forecasted run of flags could be achieved. They still have many youngsters, whose bodies probably couldn't handle the short break, and some older ones who will be running out of legs, so it would be very, very hard to do.

I had several tiger supporters friends back in my younger day, and still have a fanatic niece who supports them, so give them their a flag to satisfy them for another several decades.

They cut the deadwood and got henderson zac smith and scott selwood, and Mr brownlow in one draft. Thats some serious homework theyve done and now reaping the benefits. Gmto think they will get ablett jr scarey to think they might snag a few more premierships. Wells is the man.

And if the Cats don't win the premiership?

It will be a failure!

Richmond v Adelaide for me. There's no way known the GWS silver platter flag deserves to have a chance of happening.

Yep. Even though I live in Adelaide and it would be absolute hell if Adelaide won, it's still preferable to watching flog clubs like geelong, sydney or Essendon get up. As for GWS, forget them. I think they're suffering big heads from years of everyone telling them how good they are.

I don't really give Melbourne, Port or Essendon a chance so not worried about the drug cheats getting a flag as I don't think it will happen. I too have a very good friend who is a Tigers supporter and she is not a flog in any way so to see her happy I could cope if they won it. It's better if teams like Bulldogs and Tigers bob up and win one because they are not in the debate about best team of recent times. If Cats or Swans win again they and the media will start to argue they are better than us and it will be excrutiating :mad: Would be good if Crows could win it without Dangerfield, they are my first preference.

I don't really give Melbourne, Port or Essendon a chance so not worried about the drug cheats getting a flag as I don't think it will happen. I too have a very good friend who is a Tigers supporter and she is not a flog in any way so to see her happy I could cope if they won it. It's better if teams like Bulldogs and Tigers bob up and win one because they are not in the debate about best team of recent times. If Cats or Swans win again they and the media will start to argue they are better than us and it will be excrutiating :mad: Would be good if Crows could win it without Dangerfield, they are my first preference.

No problem. Just tell them to show you their latest three-peat. If one of those teams did manage to win it I'll be having a field day telling them they're the worst premiership team ever, that they won a soft flag, only won because of the umpires, etc. You know, all the crap they dished out to us when we were winning. :)

No problem. Just tell them to show you their latest three-peat. If one of those teams did manage to win it I'll be having a field day telling them they're the worst premiership team ever, that they won a soft flag, only won because of the umpires, etc. You know, all the crap they dished out to us when we were winning. :)

Yeah, when people start having a go at me and Hawthorn my go to line is 'get back to me when you've done a three-peat', usually shuts them up ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At the end of the day if its Richmond v Geelong/Swans in the GF I'm behind the Tigers.
But my preference is Adelaide ( due to the fact as a Victorian won't be hearing a lot about it over here) :D

The number of high draft picks not getting a run with GWS, GCS etc. should be running around and making their way with other clubs. It must be so frustrating for top Victorian kids to be playing second grade footy when they could be gaining experience in their home state. If GWS don't win a flag in the next two years, then the AFL have failed in their attempt to promote successfully in NSW.

I wonder what Gil & Co. will try next, or will we have an all Sydney Grand Final this year!
I was thinking something similar Thai. People may disagree but I think they only have a small window, we are already hearing rumours that top talent is looking elsewhere due to homesickness, cash, etc. They went hard on A grade young players (who all developed at the same time) and there is no way they can afford to keep them all. Unlike the Hawks who have found a number of diamonds in the rough in later picks, allowing us to stagger player payments more, our players are also more inclined to stay as they are not all high profile superstars but solid team players who buy into our culture and success. There is no doubt they have a lot of good players, but how they retain them will be interesting.

On SM-G900I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yep. Even though I live in Adelaide and it would be absolute hell if Adelaide won, it's still preferable to watching flog clubs like geelong, sydney or Essendon get up. As for GWS, forget them. I think they're suffering big heads from years of everyone telling them how good they are.
Sorry, but a big no for Adelaide from me. The biggest bunch of flog supporters I've ever seen. Would rather Port. GWS as no one would care!

Sorry, but a big no for Adelaide from me. The biggest bunch of flog supporters I've ever seen. Would rather Port. GWS as no one would care!

Hey, GWS' 12 supporters would care!

Their supporters are interesting. When we were in Tassie for our game against GWS we met their cheer squad at a pub. A couple of them admitted that they followed other teams, one was a mad Essendon supporter.

But the AFL paid for all their trips away, so they were happy to be in the cheer squad!

If results go as expected, Geelong will only need to beat Richmond at the G, then Giants in Geelong to make the GF. Hard to see them not making it, unfortunately.

As long as it's not Geelong or Sydney I'm fine with it.

Would be good to see Adelaide win it. They've been through some pretty heavy shit. They've lost a lot of players. They've never bottomed out.

Richmond won't win. When they played us it was really reminiscent of how the doggies played in the finals last year, but I don't think they'll sustain it.

Sydney could win it and that would be so crap. Already reading things about Longmire should get coach of the year. I love Buddy and would love to see him kick some bags in September but would like him to do an Ablett Senior and get a norm in a losing grand final team. He deserves the individual accolades but don't want the swans winning.

And Geelong - well. What more do I have to say? Despite never going back to back (let alone twice) the debate would reopen that they somehow achieved more than us. 4 flags each since 2007. Even though we did it in 8 and their's would be spread across 11 seasons people would try and hold them up in higher regard than us. We can't have that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back